inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's pissing me off that I can't get photos posted...wtf am I doing wrong???

Written By: hot_wax on 07/04/12 at 6:19 pm

My photos are always knocked off, saying they're to big, I not the sharpest knife in the draw, but I'm not the dullest either with computer apps. Why do I see others post exlarge photos on their sites and my scaled down photos are still to large to be posted? it justs pisses me off to see them. Do have any hints or secrets to get photos posted? I like "In the 00's" and want to stay and be part of the colony, but after almost 10 years here without adding photos to make posts more interesting I've been shying away from the site because I've had writers block to create those photos with words for a while now and haven't been to the site as much as I want to.

Do something Chuck, maybe you can update your system to accept photos like Facebook does and everyone can drop photos with their posts easier then it is now, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thank you 

Subject: Re: It's pissing me off that I can't get photos posted...wtf am I doing wrong???

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/04/12 at 7:00 pm

My photos are always knocked off, saying they're to big, I not the sharpest knife in the draw, but I'm not the dullest either with computer apps. Why do I see others post exlarge photos on their sites and my scaled down photos are still to large to be posted? it justs pisses me off to see them. Do have any hints or secrets to get photos posted? I like "In the 00's" and want to stay and be part of the colony, but after almost 10 years here without adding photos to make posts more interesting I've been shying away from the site because I've had writers block to create those photos with words for a while now and haven't been to the site as much as I want to.

Do something Chuck, maybe you can update your system to accept photos like Facebook does and everyone can drop photos with their posts easier then it is now, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thank you

It's not the dimensions of the files that are the problem, it's the size of the file they are stored in.  Even if I have a drag and drop thing like Facebook uses, the size of the file still needs to be adjusted first. 

Try JPG images that have a file size under 140KB I think.

Subject: Re: It's pissing me off that I can't get photos posted...wtf am I doing wrong???

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 7:33 pm

Thank you

I'm thinking.... just a guess..... you're trying to put the pics in as an attachment - where as most of us put our big pics in the post itself...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/04/12 at 7:51 pm

I'm thinking.... just a guess..... you're trying to put the pics in as an attachment where we put our big pics in the post itself...

and those aren't attachments, they are image tag links to external sites, where people upload their pictures in order to share them elsewhere.  Like imgur.com

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 7:57 pm

and those aren't attachments, they are image tag links to external sites, where people upload their pictures in order to share them elsewhere.  Like imgur.com

Too technical for me... I just call it an attachment because that's how it reads when you click the Attachments and other options... I never use that option. I always use the image link and post the jpg url directly into the post rather than at the bottom of the post. 

Written By: hot_wax on 07/04/12 at 11:06 pm

It's not the dimensions of the files that are the problem, it's the size of the file they are stored in.  Even if I have a drag and drop thing like Facebook uses, the size of the file still needs to be adjusted first. 

Try JPG images that have a file size under 140KB I think.

I think I know what you mean, I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks Chuck

Written By: hot_wax on 07/04/12 at 11:10 pm

I'm thinking.... just a guess..... you're trying to put the pics in as an attachment - where as most of us put our big pics in the post itself...

I don't know what you mean "in the post itself"? I use the Attachment and other options app at the bottom of the page, you don't?

Written By: hot_wax on 07/04/12 at 11:16 pm

Whaaaaat? you lost me kiddo!    imgur.com can help? I'll see if I can do something with it. Thanks

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 11:24 pm

I don't know what you mean "in the post itself"? I use the Attachment and other options app at the bottom of the page, you don't?

no I use this http://www.inthe00s.com/Themes/ProRed2/images/bbc/img.gif it's above the winky and the wonky eyed smileys.  then you just put the url with a jpg or gif  in the box ....

http://cdn.highwire.com/2146343.jpg  so that the URL becomes the pic...  and the pic is in the post rather than below it... 

Hot Wax Record is in the post  (used the image shortcut above smileys)... It's All About Me pic is "below" the actual post (used the add attachment option).

http://cdn.highwire.com/2146343.jpg

Written By: wildcard on 07/05/12 at 12:00 am

I have all my pictures in photobucket so when I want to post a picture all I have to do is go over there and copy the right code and I can paste it right in whatever thread I'm posting in.  Over time though, I've noticed none of the codes at photobucket work for avatars any more. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/12 at 2:38 am

I have all my pictures in photobucket so when I want to post a picture all I have to do is go over there and copy the right code and I can paste it right in whatever thread I'm posting in.  Over time though, I've noticed none of the codes at photobucket work for avatars any more.

The direct link works but it has to be the right size image.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/12 at 5:41 am

I feel you pain Hot Wax. The answers don't help though, I am just as confused as ever. I can do it if I am posting from the internet, but not my own pictures.  I think I may have done it once, by accident, and can't figure out how I did it.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/12 at 8:48 am

I feel you pain Hot Wax. The answers don't help though, I am just as confused as ever. I can do it if I am posting from the internet, but not my own pictures.  I think I may have done it once, by accident, and can't figure out how I did it.  :-\\

Your own pics def have to be added as an attachment but first you'd have to resize the
  There's a program you can download that lets you do that or you can up load the pic to an image sharing site to resize them....by the time u upload and resize them and save them to your computer for sharing as an attachment you could've uploaded 4 pics to the image sharing site (not resize them) and just shared them directly in the post.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/12 at 11:00 am

Two ways to post photos:

1. You can use the "Attachments and other options" at the bottom of the screen as you are posting but you are limited on the size. It can't be over 128KB. If the photo you want to upload is larger, you have to resize it first.

2. You can use someplace like Photobucket or Flickr (or numerous other sites) where you upload your photos there. These sites usually don't have a limit as to the size of the photo so you don't need to resize.

Once your photos are uploaded to say Photobucket, (you can use this method to post ANY photo on the internet) you can right click on the photo and then click where it says "Copy image location." Then when you post, you paste that link in {img}paste link here{/img} only replace the {} with [] (I can't show you because it would not show up).

I hope this is understandable.

BTW Q, I know where you got that All About Me from.  ;)

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 07/05/12 at 11:14 am

The direct link works but it has to be the right size image.

as far as size  Pics for the sig line use to be no taller then 160.  It cant be bigger now.  The avatar can only be 100 by 100 and none of the codes seem to work for that any more and I put my current avatar pic on my desktop and get it from there. 

I haven't had a problem with the size of the picture when posting it into a thread.  I have had problems with the name being too long.  After shorting it, the picture works fine.

added- I only know how to use photobucket and have been using it before I joined this thread.

Written By: hot_wax on 05/28/14 at 11:24 pm

Thank you

TESTING the if I can down load a photo...5/29/14

Written By: hot_wax on 05/28/14 at 11:30 pm

TESTING the if I can down load a photo...5/29/14

Now I get it! make it tiny! cool! You'll start seing more of me on "In the 00's" now.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/14 at 7:40 am

Now I get it! make it tiny! cool! You'll start seing more of me on "In the 00's" now.

Just go to "attachments and other options".

Check for new replies or respond here...