inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I can't see any youtube videos

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/11/13 at 3:23 pm

Is anyone else having this problem? I need to know because maybe it's just my device not working correctly. Every time a video gets posted all I see is a puzzle piece on a blank picture. ?

Subject: Re: I can't see any youtube videos

Written By: warped on 03/11/13 at 3:47 pm

It works for me.

When you click on the puzzle piece, does it say you are missing a plug-in? 
Maybe it's an adobe flash issue?

Written By: Red Ant on 03/11/13 at 5:24 pm

I'm going to guess you've already exhausted the obvious, restarting your PC and clearing history never hurts. Sometimes I cant see embedded videos, I have to go to youtube to see them, tho that's usually on youtube's end (some videos cannot be seen embedded/off site).

I think warped is right, sounds like a flash player crashed, is out of date, or maybe got corrupted. Can you watch the video directly on youtube?

Once in a while, my sound crashes for no fkn reason, and I have to restart my computer to hear anything, youtube or otherwise. Maybe a similar issue here.

Ant

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/11/13 at 9:31 pm

It works for me.

When you click on the puzzle piece, does it say you are missing a plug-in? 
Maybe it's an adobe flash issue?

Yes it does

I think warped is right, sounds like a flash player crashed, is out of date, or maybe got corrupted. Can you watch the video directly on youtube?

Ant

...and yes, I think it is.

I just realized it has nothing to do with inthe00s. Why did I post this? :( 

Thank you anyway Red Ant and warped :)

Written By: warped on 03/11/13 at 9:34 pm

Yes it does

...and yes, I think it is.

I just realized it has nothing to do with inthe00s. Why did I post this? :( 

Thank you anyway Red Ant and warped :)

Hey amjikloviet, if you didn't post this here, you may not have discovered your computer's problem. So it's good you posted it here. Happy to help  :)

Written By: Howard on 03/12/13 at 6:13 am

You probably forgot to put the http://www.inthe00s.com/Themes/core/images/bbc/youtube.gif on either sides or probably Adobe crashed, it happens to me sometimes or you just have to re-install the flash player.

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/12/13 at 5:13 pm

You probably forgot to put the http://www.inthe00s.com/Themes/core/images/bbc/youtube.gif on either sides or probably Adobe crashed, it happens to me sometimes or you just have to re-install the flash player.

Yes, I think so. Thanks!

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/13 at 7:05 pm

I myself am now having troubles viewing youtube videos on this site.  Just last night, I could.  Today, I cannot.  And it's only this  forum I have that problem

Written By: Howard on 03/12/13 at 7:21 pm

Yes, I think so. Thanks!

You're welcome.  :)

Written By: warped on 03/12/13 at 7:26 pm

I myself am now having troubles viewing youtube videos on this site.  Just last night, I could.  Today, I cannot.  And it's only this  forum I have that problem

You getting the same puzzle piece thing missing a plug-in? Or the page doesn't load the videos at all?.

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/13 at 9:56 pm

You getting the same puzzle piece thing missing a plug-in? Or the page doesn't load the videos at all?.

It's like there is a missing plug-in.  I just see a box with what looks like a little tiny picture in the corner, kind of like the equivalent of the JPEG red X

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/13 at 10:14 pm

I can see them now.  Apparently I no longer had Adobe Flash on my computer.  I tried to view a certain video on youtube, and I was informed I did not have it.  Super strange

Written By: Howard on 03/13/13 at 6:28 am

It's like there is a missing plug-in.  I just see a box with what looks like a little tiny picture in the corner, kind of like the equivalent of the JPEG red X

Sometimes it has trouble loading fast enough.

Written By: warped on 03/13/13 at 7:31 am

I can see them now.  Apparently I no longer had Adobe Flash on my computer.  I tried to view a certain video on youtube, and I was informed I did not have it.  Super strange

Wonder if the same thing happened with "amjikloviet". Virus going around knocking out adobe flash?

Written By: Howard on 03/13/13 at 7:08 pm

Wonder if the same thing happened with "amjikloviet". Virus going around knocking out adobe flash?

My Adobe Flash player gets knocked out sometimes but I don't think it's a virus.

Check for new replies or respond here...