inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do I upload photos from my computer?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/16 at 5:39 pm

I have a photo on my computer which I want to post, however I don't know how to upload the photo. I understand that there is an image button, however you can only type up the URL of an online photo with the feature. Is it possible to upload photos from the computer and post them on the forums? Thanks.

Subject: Re: How do I upload photos from my computer?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/07/16 at 5:50 pm

I have a photo on my computer which I want to post, however I don't know how to upload the photo. I understand that there is an image button, however you can only type up the URL of an online photo with the feature. Is it possible to upload photos from the computer and post them on the forums? Thanks.

Yes, there's a way to upload pictures on the forum. You have to click where it says "Attachments and other options", then you select an image on your computer to upload (where it says browse), and then you upload it on InThe00s. Here's a more visual way of seeing it.

Step 1:
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q385/NewYorkEagle/Step%201_zpszsjp2wu0.jpg

Step 2:
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q385/NewYorkEagle/Step%202_zpsape7whtk.jpg

Step 3:
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q385/NewYorkEagle/Step%203_zps3revlzd4.jpg

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/16 at 5:58 pm

Thanks for the help NewYorkEagle.

However, when I click on "Attachments and other options", the browse button is listed as "Choose File" and when I select a file, it won't allow me to upload it into the post.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/07/16 at 6:02 pm

Thanks for the help NewYorkEagle.

However, when I click on "Attachments and other options", the browse button is listed as "Choose File" and when I select a file, it won't allow me to upload it into the post.

It might be over 192KB, since that's the maximum size it allows.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/16 at 6:04 pm

It might be over 192KB, since that's the maximum size it allows.

Possibly. However, the photo I was intending on posting is only 127KB and it's a JPG file. It's strange that it won't let me upload the photo.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/07/16 at 6:10 pm

Possibly. However, the photo I was intending on posting is only 127KB and it's a JPG file. It's strange that it won't let me upload the photo.

Well, that seems weird. It's not even above the maximum individual size as well.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/16 at 9:16 pm

I use photobucket.com, upload your images from your computer, store your photos in albums, with the photos having their own unique urlfor displaying on the Internet or on the boards here. Size does not matter.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/08/16 at 12:33 am

I use photobucket.com, upload your images from your computer, store your photos in albums, with the photos having their own unique urlfor displaying on the Internet or on the boards here. Size does not matter.

Thanks for the recommendation. Does it cost anything to create/have an account on photobucket.com?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/16 at 1:09 am

Thanks for the recommendation. Does it cost anything to create/have an account on photobucket.com?
There is no charge for this website.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/08/16 at 4:58 am

There is no charge for this website.

I just created an account on Photobucket.com. If you want to upload/post a photo from the website, do you copy the HTML link or the IMG link? Also, once the link to the photo has been copied, when you click on "preview", is it normal to see a square box or the picture you have copied? Thanks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/16 at 5:04 am

I just created an account on Photobucket.com. If you want to upload/post a photo from the website, do you copy the HTML link or the IMG link? Also, once the link to the photo has been copied, when you click on "preview", is it normal to see a square box or the picture you have copied? Thanks.
There is a box of various URLs you can use.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/08/16 at 5:05 am

There is a box of various URLs you can use.

Should I use one link, in particular, or are all four of the links capable of working?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/16 at 5:11 am

Should I use one link, in particular, or are all four of the links capable of working?
My access to photobucket on my tablet is an app, and it all to different from my computer back home.

It is the URL with  at the start and end, with the URL in between.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/08/16 at 5:25 am

It is the URL with  at the start and end, with the URL in between.

I just tried it and it worked! Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/16 at 5:42 am

I just tried it and it worked! Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. :)
O0

Check for new replies or respond here...