inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Website ban

Written By: wixness on 01/22/17 at 10:14 am

I'm pretty sure that you receive a warning and then they become permanent after someone repeats the instance of breaking a rule on this website. However, when I booted up my phone, interestingly, it showed me that I got banned, I was using a VPN app that would switch on when my phone switched on, and the website banned me for spamming even though I don't really post very much on here, which I guess came from the fact that the VPN used that address the website blocked. I was still able to access the website when using another browser or using Private Browsing on the Firefox mobile app.

Eventually, I fixed it by clearing the browser's login data so I was able to access the website. This has happened to me before on another forum (PersonalityCafe, which uses vBulletin), and I mailed VerticalScope, the people who own the site, about it. I just wanted to let you guys know about this. I also want to know if this overal impacts individual users.

Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate place if need be.

Subject: Re: Website ban

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/07/18 at 12:38 am

The same thing happened to me last week. It said I was banned permanently for being a spambot. I've never spammed before. Apparently, now a week later, I'm able to log back in.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 02/07/18 at 12:40 am

It's never happened to me before. Mind you, I primarily access inthe00s through my laptop computer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/18 at 3:59 am

I had that problem once, I was abroad at the time, in an area of the world that would have spammers, etc. So logging in was giving me problems. With communications on another forum website, the problem was solved.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/18 at 1:18 pm

It could be that your IP is the same as a spammer. It happens from time to time.

Cat

Written By: wixness on 02/07/18 at 3:45 pm

It could be that your IP is the same as a spammer. It happens from time to time.

Cat

I guess they were also using a VPN as well to spam (IDK why they'd spam on here though) so they don't get prosecuted by the authorities for this.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/18 at 4:56 pm

I guess they were also using a VPN as well to spam (IDK why they'd spam on here though) so they don't get prosecuted by the authorities for this.

People (or bots) spam anywhere they can.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...