inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Searching on inthe00s

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/03/17 at 2:50 am

This is something that I have been curious about since I first joined inthe00s. Just out of curiosity, how come the search bar does not work? Whenever you try to search for something, it says that you can't search for anything on the forums.

Subject: Re: Searching on inthe00s

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/17 at 2:52 am

The search has been disabled for some while now, but I can usually find by Google Searching using "inthe00s:" as the prefix.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/17 at 6:22 am

The search has been disabled for some while now, but I can usually find by Google Searching using "inthe00s:" as the prefix.

Could Chucky by any chance fix it? ???

Written By: 2001 on 05/03/17 at 6:42 am

Could Chucky by any chance fix it? ???

I'm guessing it was disabled because it uses tons of bandwidth. I know of other sites who blocked their search feature too, or limit searches.

Written By: karen on 05/03/17 at 11:18 am

I'm guessing it was disabled because it uses tons of bandwidth. I know of other sites who blocked their search feature too, or limit searches.

This

The site was repeatedly crashing when people searched for certain topics because there is just so much stuff in the archive.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/03/17 at 11:25 am

This is something that I have been curious about since I first joined inthe00s. Just out of curiosity, how come the search bar does not work? Whenever you try to search for something, it says that you can't search for anything on the forums.

I've had that problem as well.

This

The site was repeatedly crashing when people searched for certain topics because there is just so much stuff in the archive.

Oh OK.....but that sucks though :(.

Written By: karen on 05/03/17 at 11:27 am

Yes, but board crashes sucked more!

If you use the Google option Philip Eno suggests it works really well

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/03/17 at 11:30 am

Yes, but board crashes sucked more!

If you use the Google option Philip Eno suggests it works really well

I know....I do use the Google option occasionally. It would just be easier if we could search here on the site without it crashing :(.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/17 at 3:38 pm

I've had that problem as well.

So I guess it's better to use the archive function.

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/17 at 4:01 pm

I get why the search function isn't available cause it can cause site issues. It is convenient though. But whatever keeps our little site going without problems sounds good to me.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/03/17 at 5:42 pm

I get why the search function isn't available cause it can cause site issues. It is convenient though. But whatever keeps our little site going without problems sounds good to me.

I agree :).

Subject: Searching on inthe00s

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 10:09 pm

Yes I member years back Chuck told me it can cause alot of problems..... Its a shame though as its very hard to find threads I have posted in,etc w/o being able to search directly for them........

Check for new replies or respond here...