inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Could the 60s & 70s be merged into one subforum?

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/23/18 at 1:59 pm

Both decades are intrinsically linked, and both are arguably modern eras...Would it be possible to make the 70s subforum into one which covers both the 60s and 70s?

Subject: Re: Could the 60s & 70s be merged into one subforum?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/18 at 2:35 pm

Both decades are intrinsically linked, and both are arguably modern eras...Would it be possible to make the 70s subforum into one which covers both the 60s and 70s?

I think your earlier idea of creating a standalone 1960s subforum was better.

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/23/18 at 5:25 pm

Yeah either way I feel the 60s were too important of a decade in pop culture to be relegated to the "every other decade" section.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/18 at 5:39 pm

Yeah either way I feel the 60s were too important of a decade in pop culture to be relegated to the "every other decade" section.

Agreed. I also think that the 1950's are distinct enough to where that decade would merit its own subforum as well.  I don't know how hard it would be to add subforums for the 1950's and 60's, but someone would have to go through the "Before The 1970's" subforum and put all the threads into their respective new subs.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 06/23/18 at 6:41 pm

Yeah, I'd actually prefer to have the '60s and '70s subforums merged together rather than to have a separate subforum for the '60s, especially since neither the "Before the 1970s" nor the "1970s" subforums are very active. Yeah, Philip Eno comments on them a lot, and a few older users comment on them from time to time, but you rarely see users born post-1980, who make up the hugest chunk of people on this forum, on those boards. Both boards are very empty compared to the 1980s-2010s and "More Than a Decade" boards.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/18 at 2:19 am

To cut it short, that would be best.

Check for new replies or respond here...