inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone in favor of a standalone 1960s subforum

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/23/18 at 5:31 pm

I feel that the 1960s deserve more attention on this board. It was a decade full of two very different, distinct pop cultural eras and was one of the most important decades in both American and world history. It was also the first time in history wherein youth pop culture shaped and reshaped society as a whole and had an impact on things far beyond pop culture such as politics (IE the anti-war movement) and included generational and cultural milestones such as the March on Washington, Selma, Summer of Love, Woodstock, Altamont and the Moon Landing. Music and pop culture tied into these and other events and for one of the few times in history, pop culture was genuinely socially important.

As such I feel this important, world-changing decade deserves its own subforum and I am hoping my fellow members, and the administrative staff, will agree with me.

Subject: Re: Anyone in favor of a standalone 1960s subforum

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/18 at 5:39 pm

This, and I'd like to see a 1950's subforum as well.

Written By: Wobo on 06/23/18 at 5:56 pm

I agree the 1960s should get it's own subforum, alot of stuff happened in the 60s that deserves to get talked about on it's own.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 06/23/18 at 6:29 pm

I think they should keep it the way it is, especially since the "Before the 1970's" board is not as active as the other decade boards.
I'd actually be more in favor of your proposal to combine the '60s and '70s into one subboard since the 1970s subboard isn't too active either. Both the "Before the 1970s" and "1970s" subforums seem to be dominated by Philip Eno alone, sometimes a few other older members, but I rarely see any users born post-1980 (who make up the bulk of the community on inthe00s) on those forums.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/18 at 7:07 pm

I think they should keep it the way it is, especially since the "Before the 1970's" board is not as active as the other decade boards.
I'd actually be more in favor of your proposal to combine the '60s and '70s into one subboard since the 1970s subboard isn't too active either. Both the "Before the 1970s" and "1970s" subforums seem to be dominated by Philip Eno alone, sometimes a few other older members, but I rarely see any users born post-1980 (who make up the bulk of the community on inthe00s) on those forums.

What would be the harm in adding one or two more subforums to the decade boards? I think that most people here wouldn't mind that too much. Besides, it really wouldn't interfere with anything.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/23/18 at 7:17 pm

Music and pop culture tied into these and other events and for one of the few times in history, pop culture was genuinely socially important.

Not only was pop culture genuinely socially important, music actually DROVE the culture. Absolutely.

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/23/18 at 7:29 pm

Not only was pop culture genuinely socially important, music actually DROVE the culture. Absolutely.

Yep. Which is why I feel it deserves its own subforum. It is a time very distinct in almost every way from previous decades. I also believe a separate subforum for the 60s would be active purely by virtue of its existence.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/18 at 7:32 pm

Yep. Which is why I feel it deserves its own subforum. It is a time very distinct in almost every way from previous decades. I also believe a separate subforum for the 60s would be active purely by virtue of its existence.

Have you PMed Chucky about this?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 06/24/18 at 12:13 am

A standalone 1960s sub-board would be inactive, just like the existing 1970s sub-board and even the 1980s sub-board, to a lesser extent. I think it would be unnecessary.

Subject: Anyone in favor of a standalone 1960s subforum

Written By: Dude111 on 06/24/18 at 12:40 am

What would be the harm in adding one or two more subforums to the decade boards? I think that most people here wouldn't mind that too much. Besides, it really wouldn't interfere with anything.

No and they would probably both fill up fast :)

We could move some threads out of the before the 70s section into thier new bases :)

The "Before the 70s" section would be for general discussion of all periods before the 70s...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/18 at 2:19 am

This, and I'd like to see a 1950's subforum as well.
O0

Check for new replies or respond here...