inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Signature line bleed down.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/19/18 at 11:58 am

I've had this problem for a while now and I don't know what the problem is. The signature lines of members
bleed down onto the post below it, especially the larger lines, rendering them unreadable. Not all of them do,
It's just the ones on longer post and the larger lines. At first I figured it was my antiquated system but the
problem is worse on my wife's laptop which is less than a year old. Every signature line bleeds down on her
computer. any ideas?

Subject: Re: Signature line bleed down.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/18 at 1:15 pm

I've had this problem for a while now and I don't know what the problem is. The signature lines of members
bleed down onto the post below it, especially the larger lines, rendering them unreadable. Not all of them do,
It's just the ones on longer post and the larger lines. At first I figured it was my antiquated system but the
problem is worse on my wife's laptop which is less than a year old. Every signature line bleeds down on her
computer. any ideas?

Chucky changed the size of the sig line because some people were getting carried away with it. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57526.0  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=58085.0  When he did that, a lot of people's sig lines bled into the next post. I let people know when theirs were too big to have that happen. If it was from members who haven't been here in a while, I just zapped their sig line entirely. There really shouldn't be any issue with it now-except maybe here or there. If it is just one member or two, let me know I will address that person. 

Another issue could be is which layout you are using. If that is happening on one layout, that is beyond me and that is for Chucky to handle.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 08/19/18 at 3:21 pm

computer. any ideas?

I'm having the same issues.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/20/18 at 5:53 pm

Chucky changed the size of the sig line because some people were getting carried away with it. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57526.0  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=58085.0  When he did that, a lot of people's sig lines bled into the next post. I let people know when theirs were too big to have that happen. If it was from members who haven't been here in a while, I just zapped their sig line entirely. There really shouldn't be any issue with it now-except maybe here or there. If it is just one member or two, let me know I will address that person. 

Another issue could be is which layout you are using. If that is happening on one layout, that is beyond me and that is for Chucky to handle.

Cat

Thanks Cat, I'll just deal with it because it isn't just a couple. The length of the post has more to do with it
then the sig line itself, even yours bled down into Henk's post. No Biggie, it is what it is, I'll manage.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/20/18 at 5:53 pm

I'm having the same issues.

at least I am not alone.  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/18 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Cat, I'll just deal with it because it isn't just a couple. The length of the post has more to do with it
then the sig line itself, even yours bled down into Henk's post. No Biggie, it is what it is, I'll manage.

Try changing the look & layout in your profile. That may help.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 08/21/18 at 12:29 am

Try changing the look & layout in your profile. That may help.

Cat

Thanks for the tip! :)

I've changed the forum lay-out to the "standard" version (first option in the drop-down menu), which seems to have resolved the issue.
Until then, I was still using the old forum lay-out, which I think is not being maintained by Chucky anymore (and let this be clear: I don't blame him for anything).

Written By: loki 13 on 08/21/18 at 6:02 pm

Yeah, I just changed the layout and like Henk it seems to have corrected the problem but now I must
get used to this layout, man do I hate change.

Thanks again  Cat.

Subject: Signature line bleed down.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/24/18 at 10:02 am

Im using the default SMF skin and it thankfully doesnt happen on this one....

Check for new replies or respond here...