inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adobe Flash Player

Written By: loki 13 on 01/30/21 at 1:26 pm

I am not computer smart so I don't know what to do. I can't play the arcade games and if I can't play the games
I can't do my job. When I click on a game I get this message, "You have not installed Adobe Flash Player, you need
install it before you can play, you also need to have javascript enabled. Install. "When I click install, I get this,
"Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in
Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. What can I do to play the games?

Subject: Re: Adobe Flash Player

Written By: karen on 01/30/21 at 4:22 pm

I know they discontinued Flash Player recently, my son was talking about it recently.

It might mean the end of the arcade as it will be a problem for everyone. Do you have Chucky’s email address? Perhaps drop him a line, or p.m. him on here

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/30/21 at 4:38 pm

This is a recent problem with Adobe Flash end-of-life.  A website I maintain uses it, and I need to find a workaround for it.  It reached EOL mid-January this year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/30/21 at 5:16 pm

I sent Chucky an email. He said he will see what he can use to replace it but doesn't know right now. As Rachel Maddow would say, Watch this space.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/31/21 at 3:56 am

This is a recent problem with Adobe Flash end-of-life.  A website I maintain uses it, and I need to find a workaround for it.  It reached EOL mid-January this year.

So what can you use now instead of now that Adobe has had it's end of life?  ???

Written By: karen on 01/31/21 at 1:59 pm

Apparently some other game sites have switched to html5 (possibly totally recoding things). According to my son at least. Doesn’t sound like a quick fix.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/31/21 at 5:24 pm

So, I am not the only one having these issues huh? I don't know if it is related but I no longer see the comments
on youtube. The videos play fine there are just no comments.

Subject: Im so sorry dues......

Written By: Dude111 on 01/31/21 at 10:00 pm

I am very sorry to all who cannot use flash,etc... BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE THINKS ITS NO GOOD!!!!

I have heard there are ppl trying to come up with a work around to get it to still work...... I am glad I can still use flash (I am on IE6) -- They cant tell me I cant use flash ON MY OWN BLASTED COMPUTER!!!

I think its sickening and disgusting........... I use flash,java and shockwave constantly and wouldnt like it if I couldnt!!

Subject: Re: Im so sorry dues......

Written By: karen on 02/01/21 at 2:03 pm

I am very sorry to all who cannot use flash,etc... BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE THINKS ITS NO GOOD!!!!

I have heard there are ppl trying to come up with a work around to get it to still work...... I am glad I can still use flash (I am on IE6) -- They cant tell me I cant use flash ON MY OWN BLASTED COMPUTER!!!

I think its sickening and disgusting........... I use flash,java and shockwave constantly and wouldnt like it if I couldnt!!

They aren’t saying you can’t use it. They just won’t be supported any more.

Subject: Re: Im so sorry dues......

Written By: Elor on 02/07/21 at 11:33 pm

They aren’t saying you can’t use it. They just won’t be supported any more.
To my knowledge Adobe is actively blocking flash player in most browsers. I can't use it anymore with Firefox.... 8-P >:(

Written By: Dude111 on 02/12/21 at 10:40 pm

Yes and its quite sad.........

They think they can control YOUR COMPUTER and thats not ok!!

Written By: Howard on 02/14/21 at 1:20 pm

Who here has been getting a notice to uninstall Adobe Flash?  ???

Written By: Redhairkid on 02/17/21 at 12:34 pm

I haven't had such a notice, Howard, but have uninstalled anyway. What's the point of keeping something that won't work?

Dude, I agree with you. Who the hell do Adobe think they are?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/21 at 12:39 pm

Who here has been getting a notice to uninstall Adobe Flash?  ???
How can I uninstall it when I do not have in the first place, if I did I would be in the Arcade more often.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/21 at 12:40 pm

How can I uninstall it when I do not have in the first place, if I did I would be in the Arcade more often.
...the same applies to the phone too.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/17/21 at 3:14 pm

I finally started to look into this today

There is an emulator called ruffle.js which if you are comfortable with installing "temporary extensions" will work in Chrome or Firefox.  I installed one in Firefox, and the first game I tried loaded right up.

It's also possible to install it on the server so the user doesn't need to do anything.  I'm going to try that next.

There are HTML5 games which should be compatible with the arcade. I would need to spend some time testing them out.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/21 at 3:16 pm

I think there's an Adobe Uninstaller if you type it into Google.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/17/21 at 3:29 pm

I think there's an Adobe Uninstaller if you type it into Google.

not needed, it's disabled by default in all browsers.

I tried the "install on server" solution, and it appears to be working ok.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/21 at 6:48 pm

not needed, it's disabled by default in all browsers.

I tried the "install on server" solution, and it appears to be working ok.

Thanks, Chucky.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 02/27/21 at 8:32 pm

Dude, I agree with you. Who the hell do Adobe think they are?

They have all been brainwashed to think its bad......

Isnt there a way you guys can just put FLASH.OCX in the system directory and it will work or does the browser not allow it now??

Im on IE6 (MyIE2) and thankfully I can do what I want....

Check for new replies or respond here...