inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is the tongue emoji for?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/05/21 at 1:08 pm

Can anybody explain to me what the "tongue" emoji is supposed to signify? All the other emojis explain what they are (or are self explanatory) but that one is up in the air. It just describes itself as "tongue". That could mean anything. What's it for? I have seen it used here to denote sexual attraction for one thing, but, on the other hand, it could be somebody sticking their tongue out at somebody in derision. Maybe it's meant to be open-ended, but that could lead to confusion or misinterpretation. Online descriptions vary also.

Subject: Re: What is the tongue emoji for?

Written By: nally on 03/05/21 at 2:11 pm

This one :P
or this one 8-P
?

Both could be used for saying that something is disgusting. (Basically, a sign of displeasure.)

Written By: karen on 03/05/21 at 2:20 pm

If this one  :P

I would look at the context. I could see it as either tongue lolling , panting after someone or as a “wasn’t I a bit silly” or possibly blowing a raspberry to someone.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/21 at 2:55 pm

Na na na na na.  :P

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/05/21 at 3:38 pm

This one :P
or this one 8-P
?

Both could be used for saying that something is disgusting. (Basically, a sign of displeasure.)

This is the one I was asking about:  :P  It's very vague.

I know what this one is:  8-P. In fact it calls itself "yuck" if you hold the curser over it, which makes perfect sense. I have been guilty of using it a bit much myself. Especially for things that deserve a big YUCK like dress sweatpants.  8-P  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...