inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How to block PMs

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/12/21 at 10:17 am

I'm sure it's been asked before, but how does one put a block on getting PMs from specific individuals? I'm curious, just in case it's ever needed. I know that function exists because people have mentioned it.

Subject: Re: How to block PMs

Written By: karen on 07/12/21 at 12:02 pm

There appears to be an option in your profile to put people on an ignore list. I think you might be able to tweak this so it only ignores their messages to you and not any of their posts.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/21 at 12:18 pm

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Personal_messages

Change Settings

Display personal messages - If a member chooses All at once, a list of messages is displayed at the top with all of those messages displayed below the list. Selecting One at a time results in only one message being displayed at the top with a list of messages below it. As a conversation mimics the forum functionality, creating a topic-like list of replies. It is highly recommended that a member save their messages in the outbox (see below) if they choose to display messages as a conversation.
    Show most recent personal messages at top - Users can choose whether new messages should be displayed at the top or bottom of the list.
    Receive personal messages from - Members may control who is allowed to send them private messages. It can be limited to members not on their ignore list, only buddies and administrators, or only administrators.

Hope that helps.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/12/21 at 12:21 pm

Thanks everybody!

Check for new replies or respond here...