inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Paul M. Johnson Jr. (RIP)

Written By: Cheetara on 06/18/04 at 3:39 pm

As many of you already heard, he was beheaded earlier today.  I pray for his family.  The terrorists are nothing more than evil sons of b%tches they deserve an eternity of torture.  Death isn't enough for these maggots. 

>:( :\'(

Subject: Re: Paul M. Johnson Jr. (RIP)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/18/04 at 3:55 pm

I agree with you.  I wish his family the best, in a time of the worst.  :\'(

They are just evil human beings.  And I have yet to understand what exactly they are doing, besides proving they are vile, vengeful "human beings".

It is well known that the U.S. doesn't "negotiate with terrorists", so they had to know that we wouldn't leave the area OR "set their prisoners free".  I mean, I feel horrible for his family...but, unfortunately, I wasn't too surprised at the outcome.  This isn't a movie, and sadly, the likelihood of some action hero rushing in and rescuing a hostage are slim to none.  :( 
You couldn't pay me enough to be in that area right now.

But, really..what are they trying to accomplish here?  >:(

Written By: Cheetara on 06/18/04 at 3:59 pm

Even if the prisoners were freed, they would have killed Paul anyway.  I wouldn't expect them to keep their word.  My heart goes out to to the victim's family.  :(

Written By: Dagwood on 06/18/04 at 6:49 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.  I just hope that a video of this one doesn't end up on the internet, too.  That would be too much.

R.I.P. Mr. Johnson.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/04 at 7:18 pm

This was not the most atracious act world-wide in the past few weeks.  However, it really affected me.  You see those videos of the guy forced by his kidnappers to identify himself.  You see him blindfolded, his tattoo exposed to show they've got the real Paul Johnson.  You know he's just out there doing his job to support his family.  Well, that man who was alive and well is dead now.  Killed and decapitated by those savage cowards.
In war we hear statistics of death.  Every death is horrible in its own right.  But we don't see and hear everybody who dies.  We saw and heard Paul Johnson, and that's what makes it so personal.

The Bush Administration is out there politicizing Paul Johnson's death.  They will use Johnson's vicious execution to perpetuate foreign policy that only puts us at risk of seeing more Paul Johnsons in the future.

These are the times when it is vital we control our impulses to call other countries, other ethnicities, and other faiths "EVIL" via broad brushstrokes.  When Bush calls refers to our "enemy" and "evil people," we mus demand to know exactly who he means.  We must not accept general prejudice as a reaction to this specific evil deed.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/18/04 at 11:29 pm

:\'( :\'(

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/21/04 at 9:44 am

It is truly sad and atrocious.  But that is just what these terrorists are out to do.  They don't murder their hostages by shooting them or stabbing them, they are trying to shock us, to make every death as torturous and brutal as possible, making us feel so for the victim, that the terrorists think we will go along with their demands.

The saddest part of all of this is like Cheetera said.  Even if we were to negotiate with them (which would be a grave mistake), they still would have killed Paul.  My heart goes out to he victim's family.

Check for new replies or respond here...