inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Horrible News...Reggie White Dies at 43

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/26/04 at 4:59 pm

Unreal....here's the link :\'(

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/12/26/bc.fbp.lgns.reggiewhitedies.r/index.html?cnn=yes

Subject: Re: Horrible News...Reggie White Dies at 43

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/26/04 at 6:22 pm

Unreal....here's the link :\'(

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/12/26/bc.fbp.lgns.reggiewhitedies.r/index.html?cnn=yes

Bummer.

While I may not agree with some of Reggie's views(Beating your kids is acceptable discipline,always in his opinion)...he was a truly GUTSY football player...God help any opposing player who tangled with him!

Written By: tv on 12/26/04 at 8:22 pm

This was such a shock to me. This was a guy that was in great health. Too top it all off it was the day after Christmas and football Sunday that he passed away. He was a good guy too. R.I.P. # 92. I hope the best for his family. I really do.

Written By: Bobby on 12/27/04 at 12:35 pm

Sorry to hear that.  :(

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/28/04 at 10:01 pm

I heard this on ESPN Monday. What a loss! :\'(
But I believe he is in a better place. 8)

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/31/04 at 12:30 am

I heard this on ESPN Monday. What a loss! :\'(
But I believe he is in a better place. 8)

Very true, Indy. BTW, I believe he condoned 'spanking' his kids, not beating them. Plus he always hugged his kids after disciplining them.

I once got to hear "The Minister Of Defense" speak in person, then later I was in my favorite bar & grill, and my pal the server told me he'd had dinner there earlier that night. I wish I could've met him. I'm glad, though, to hear the Packers will retire his number this coming year. Fare thee well, Reggie.

Your Pal,
Doc

Check for new replies or respond here...