inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Johnnie Cochran has passed away

Written By: MooRocca on 03/29/05 at 5:46 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=2&u=/ap/20050329/ap_on_re_us/obit_cochran&sid=84439559

Subject: Re: Johnny Cochran has passed away

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/29/05 at 5:49 pm

Rest in peace. He was a great attorney. :(

Subject: Re: Johnnie Cochran has passed away

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/29/05 at 5:54 pm

While I admit not liking him at all, for being a smart yet devious master of twisting the truth to win his cases, I am sad that he's gone...R.I.P.  Mr. Cochran

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/29/05 at 6:16 pm

While I admit not liking him at all, for being a smart yet devious master of twisting the truth to win his cases, I am sad that he's gone...R.I.P.  Mr. Cochran

He may have done in the Simpson case, but he did many great things to get his clients (who truly were wronged) what they deserved. RIP Johnnie!

Tanya

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/29/05 at 6:54 pm

Johnnie Cochran was a colorful charachter as well as a smart lawyer...like him or not...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/29/05 at 7:18 pm

He may have done in the Simpson case, but he did many great things to get his clients (who truly were wronged) what they deserved. RIP Johnnie!

Tanya
I would name a few more cases where the criminals got off because of him...but I'd rather just leave that for another thread. I really am sad that he's gone though :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/29/05 at 7:39 pm

RIP JC :(

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/29/05 at 7:43 pm

I would name a few more cases where the criminals got off because of him...but I'd rather just leave that for another thread. I really am sad that he's gone though :-\\

That is an attorney's job. Just because someone is being charged doesn't mean they should be convicted.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/29/05 at 7:54 pm

That is an attorney's job. Just because someone is being charged doesn't mean they should be convicted.
I can't talk about this in a thread that's for him...sorry I started it :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/29/05 at 9:04 pm

Wow.... I am shocked!  :o

Written By: Johnny Vega on 03/29/05 at 11:49 pm

Johnnie Cochran was the black Donald Trump, he always sold himself in any interview that he conducted, but he delivered results. You will be missed by someone, Johnnie, I'm just trying to figure out who. Oh, and I'm new to the board obviously, so hi pplz.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/29/05 at 11:57 pm

that's a shame...RIP Johnny!

Erin

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/30/05 at 12:33 am

It's unfortunate that Johnnie Cochran will be remembered as the guy that let O.J. walk. He's work with Puffy Combs and Michael Jackson, as well as L.A. riot victim Reggie Denny. He will be missed by the people that know him.

Written By: Johnny Vega on 03/30/05 at 7:42 am

You do notice that he brought up these "smaller" cases many times when he was interviewed. This is what Johnnie Cochran was, a man who happened to be black and like any warm-blooded American, was controlled by the dollar, and this got in the way of his judgment. He always seemed to be more of an entertainer then a lawyer...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/30/05 at 8:16 am

Actually, I've known about many of his cases, being that many of them were in Chicago and they were on the news so I do remember some of them when they were actually happening.
Kim, I can respect that, it's just that seeing how some defense attorney's operate...the one representing Blaine's killer tried to say it was Blaines fault he was killed and this poor guy was raised good, blah, blah, blah...It's just that I'm a little sour when it comes to the topic of the defense :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/30/05 at 4:21 pm

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050330/capt.sge.cgk75.300305141307.photo00.photo.default-256x384.jpg

He'll be missed. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...