inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pope John Paul II Reportedly Dies

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/01/05 at 1:25 pm

Nothing official yet. The Vatican is denying reports.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Pope_John_Paul_II

Subject: Re: Pope John Paul II Reportedly Dies

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/01/05 at 1:43 pm

I read his illness has worsened, but her hasen't died yet.  At least as of 2:42pm(now).

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/01/05 at 2:20 pm

I have heard several places that he has indeed passed away.  One new station said it but then said it had been retracted or something.

But its all over other message boards so I think he has.    :\'(

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/01/05 at 2:26 pm

As of 3:30pm today, the Pope is still alive.  Damn, all the good people are dying this year.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/05 at 2:49 pm

He is still clinging to life but yet worsening bad.What a sad year this has been so far :(

Written By: nally on 04/01/05 at 11:39 pm

Since I got home we've been watching CNN...and they say that he'll be gone any minute. :-[ As of right now, I haven't heard anything more about it.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/02/05 at 3:58 am

Still alive.  And it's the next day, the Vatican just said nothing has changed with the Pope since late yesterday and that he is still alive and responding.

CNN, Fox News, Reuters, and Sky News in Europe really jumped the gun by claiming he was dead when he is still alive.

Written By: nally on 04/02/05 at 12:31 pm

His condition still remains "serious" according to the latest reports I've heard.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/02/05 at 12:39 pm

i gave up watching the live coverage. it just seems ghoulish.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/02/05 at 12:45 pm

DENVER - One of the people who helped organize Pope John Paul II's visit to Denver in 1993 says the unforgettable four days showed just how much the pope means to so many people. He says he also later discovered that the lasting impression was mutual.

http://kusa.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=01721305-0abe-421a-0010-204f782137c2&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/02/05 at 1:36 pm

I saw the Pope in his Popemobile in Baltimore on October 1994. (I still have the shirts to prove it) Everyone in Indy said I shouldn't have to travel that far East and wait until he planned a Midwest trip. It never happened. So as a then-Catholic, I would have been P.O.ed if I had never gotten a chance to at least view him in person. I was glad I made the trip, despite a lingering head cold.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/02/05 at 2:50 pm

I saw the Pope in his Popemobile in Baltimore on October 1994. (I still have the shirts to prove it) Everyone in Indy said I shouldn't have to travel that far East and wait until he planned a Midwest trip. It never happened. So as a then-Catholic, I would have been P.O.ed if I had never gotten a chance to at least view him in person. I was glad I made the trip, despite a lingering head cold.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to see him when he was here :-\\ I still have the video though :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/02/05 at 3:29 pm

It's official , The Pope is no longer with us  :-\\

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/02/pope.dies/index.html

Check for new replies or respond here...