inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sports' Most Tragic Deaths

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/05 at 6:53 pm

Which of these deaths was the saddest? I'd say Dale Earnhardt...at least he died doing the sport he loved.
Tug McGraw's death was sad also...as a Phillies fan...his loss was really hard to take.

Subject: Re: Sports' Most Tragic Deaths

Written By: Kyle on 05/18/05 at 6:57 pm

I say Dale Earnhart (spelling?) too be he was known by a majority of people, especially race fans, and I would not like to see him go.  He was pretty nice guy.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 7:13 pm

I would've loved the "Other" option here but I chose Dale Earnhardt as well. IF I could've added another it would have to be Brian Piccolo

http://www.bearshistory.com/images/piclore.jpg

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 7:22 pm

:o not listed?  :o
http://www.canoe.ca/BaseballNYYImages/gehrig_lou.jpg

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 7:44 pm

I read the name Duk Koo Kim, it brought back memories of a kindergarden game we used to play called "duck duck goose"  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 7:45 pm

:o not listed?  :o
http://www.canoe.ca/BaseballNYYImages/gehrig_lou.jpg
That is why I think it's a great idea to include an "Other" option :)

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 7:48 pm

That is why I think it's a great idea to include an "Other" option :)
and Duk Duk Duk Koo Goose! is listed?  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 7:51 pm

and Duk Duk Duk Koo Goose! is listed?  :D
It is if you say it is...I chose Brian Piccolo :\'(

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 8:00 pm

a /// NASCAR/// fan and no mention of Alan Kulwicki?  :o
http://www.superiorgiclees.com/www.andygoralski.com/IMAGES/Kulwicki.jpg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 8:16 pm

NASCAR? I'll give you Nascar!

1.  Dale Earnhardt, February 18, 2001 (Daytona 500) 49 yrs old
  2. Tony Roper, October 13, 2000 (Texas Motor Speedway) 35 yrs old
  3. Kenny Irwin, July 7, 2000 (Louden, New Hampshire) 30 yrs old
  4. Adam Petty, May 12, 2000 (Louden, New Hampshire) 19 yrs old
  5. John Nemechek, March 21, 1997, Homestead, Florida – killed during a NASCAR Truck Series event 27 yrs old
  6. Neil Bonnett, February 11, 1994, Daytona Beach – killed during practice 47 years old
  7. Rodney Orr, February 14, 1994, Daytona Beach - killed during practice
  8. Davey Allison, July 12, 1993, Helicopter crash at Talladega 32 yrs old
  9. Alan Kulwicki, April 1, 1993, Airplane crash on way to Food City 500 38 yrs old
  10. Clifford Allison, 1992, Brooklyn, Michigan – killed during practice for Busch Series event 27 yrs old
  11. JD McDuffie, August 1991, Watkins Glen, NY
  12. Grant Adcox, 1989, Hampton, GA
  13. Bruce Jacobi, injured February, 1983 – died February 4, 1987, Twin 125 qualifying
  14. Terry Schoonover, November 1984, Atlanta, GA
  15. Ricky Knotts, February 14, 1980, Daytona, Twin 125 qualifying
  16. Tiny Lund, August 10, 1975, Talladega
  17. Ricky Knott, February 1972, Daytona Beach, FL
  18. Friday Hassler, February 17, 1972, Daytona – killed qualifying for Twin 125-mile race
  19. Talmadge "Tab" Prince, February 1970, Daytona Beach, FL – killed qualifying for Twin 125-mile race
  20. Billy Drew Wade, January 5, 1965, Dayton (tire test)
  21. Fireball Roberts, July 1964, Charlotte, NC (accident was in May)
  22. Harold Habering, February 21, 1964, Daytona (during practice)
  23. Joe Weatherly, January 1964, Riverside, CA
  24. Marshall Teague, February 11, 1959, Daytona (during practice)
  25. Billy Myers, April 12, 1958, Bowman-Gray Stadium, Winston-Salem, NC
  26. Bobby Myers, September 2, 1957, Darlington SC
  27. Thomas Priddy, June 1956, LeHi, Alaska
  28. Clink McHugh, June 1956, LeHi, Alaska
  29. John McVitty, April 1956, Langhorne, PA
  30. Lou Figaro, 1954, N. Wilksboro, NC
  31. Frank Arford, June 1955, Langhorne, PA
  32. Larry Mann, September, 1954, Langhorne, PA

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 8:44 pm

Rob Moroso: September 26, 1968 - September 30, 1990

Robbie Moroso, the 1989 NASCAR Busch series champion and 1990 Winston Cup rookie of the year, was killed on September 30, 1990, in an auto accident near Mooresville, N.C., following the race that same day at North Wilkesboro Speedway. The speculation at the time of the accident was that Rob may have been drinking, and the alcohol most probably contributed to the accident.

http://home.ptd.net/~gibson/Robbie%20Moroso.jpg

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 8:47 pm

I have a hand signed Davey Allison 8 X 10 postcard in my collection
the most tragic family wise has to be the Allisons, they lost two sons   :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 9:01 pm

I agree :\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/19/05 at 12:48 am

Sorry about the missing 'other' option.....And I was really tired so I kept the list short. I did not mean to omit certain other people.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/19/05 at 12:51 am

It was terrifying when Jerry Nadeau crashed.....leaving him critically injured...he is still recovering...I'm not too sure he will ever drive again,but you never know!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/19/05 at 12:58 am

I read the name Duk Koo Kim, it brought back memories of a kindergarden game we used to play called "duck duck goose"  ;D
This is really serious. Why? Duk Koo Kim(his real name,no joke)took a really hard blow to the head. Supposedly,he was not really in any condition to fight(he had been recently KO'd in another bout)...and they let him box anyway. Boxing rules as far as medical clearance to fight are not the same in every State...they should be the same,and a h*ll of a lot STRICTER! This would cut down on boxing injuries as well as unnecessary and TRAGIC deaths.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/19/05 at 1:01 am

Len Bias' death was truly sad because it DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN....here's someone who did something absolutely DUMB...and was killed because of it. What a waste of a person with a supposedly bright future in basketball...

Written By: holicman on 05/19/05 at 8:11 am

Id like to vote for Greg Moore...........a potential indy car race champ.

Its rather ironic and sad.

He Injured his leg driving a scooter, and was told not to qualify and advised not to race.

he defied Doctors orders,therefore racing and starting from the back of the grid.

Greg Moore wsa breaking ALL speed records that day.

He did a lap at over 400 MPH !!!

On the 13th lap,whilst in 13th position,he lost control of his players-forsythye champ car in the 13th second of that lap.

he started spinning in circles until his car got sideways..............then slamming head on into a concrete Barrier,smashing his car into 1000 pieces..................

It was the last Champ car race of the millenium of all races and ironically, his best Max Papis went on to win that race, unaware his best mate had been killed. :(

I give my vote to Greg Moore.
Id was a big loss for someone with such a bright future ahead of him.........................and that is no disrespect to the others mentioned in this topic.

All loss of life in Motorsport is tragic.

Lest we Forget.

Written By: jiminy on 05/19/05 at 11:49 am

Len Bias' death was truly sad because it DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN....here's someone who did something absolutely DUMB...and was killed because of it. What a waste of a person with a supposedly bright future in basketball...
what was worse he was a Celtic

Written By: nally on 05/19/05 at 12:05 pm

One that I think was rather tragic was the death of Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile, who checked out three years ago at age 33. His cause of death (artery blockage) was hereditary, since his father had died ten years earlier of a heart attack at age 44.

Also: Twelve years ago, Indians pitcher Steve Olin, along with ex-Dodger pitcher Tim Crews (who would have pitched with Cleveland that year if he had lived), were killed in a plane crash before the start of the season.

Written By: jiminy on 05/19/05 at 12:21 pm

One that I think was rather tragic was the death of Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile, who checked out three years ago at age 33. His cause of death (artery blockage) was hereditary, since his father had died ten years earlier of a heart attack at age 44.

Also: Twelve years ago, Indians pitcher Steve Olin, along with ex-Dodger pitcher Tim Crews (who would have pitched with Cleveland that year if he had lived), were killed in a plane crash before the start of the season.
I thought olin and crews were killed in a boating accident by running into a dock at night and bob ojeda was the only survivor

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/19/05 at 12:34 pm

Two Others.

Marc Vivien Foe who collapsed and died during an International Football Match. He played in England with Manchester City and was playing in The Confederations Cup for Cameroon. He had a heart defect and just collapsed on the field, dead.

Also, Owen Hart, who fell 60 feet from above the ring before a Wrestling Match. The last thing he did before he died was scream at the referee to get out of the way.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/19/05 at 12:37 pm

Others not mentioned:

Payne Stewart (plane crash)
Kathy Lenny and Heather Farr (pro golfers, both by cancer)
Swede Savage (Indy Car crash)
Peter Revson (Indy Car crash)
Mark Donohue (Indy Car crash)
Gordon Smiley (Indy Car crash)
Jovy Marcello (Indy Car crash)
Jim Hickman (Indy Car crash)
Tony Renna (Indy Car crash)
Bill Vukovich Sr. and Bill Vukovich, III (Indy car crashes)
Ronnie Petersen (F-1)
Ayrton Senna (F-1)
Jim Clark (F-1 crash)
Kerry Von Erich, and The original Ultimate Warrior
Derrick Thomas (complications from paralysis due to a car accident)
Joe Delaney (Drowned)
Reggie Lewis (Heart attack due to arrythmia)
Hank Gathers (same)
Willie Classen (First high-profile example of death in the ring)
Sonny Liston (Either died of a concussion in the pool or drugs)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/19/05 at 1:44 pm

I thought olin and crews were killed in a boating accident by running into a dock at night and bob ojeda was the only survivor
That's absolutely correct, jiminy. I remember it all too well. Before the Rockies were born our Triple A team was connected to the Cleveland Indians. I actually was able to catch a few games here that he pitched in :\'(

Written By: gord on 05/19/05 at 3:14 pm

Others not mentioned:

Payne Stewart (plane crash)
Kathy Lenny and Heather Farr (pro golfers, both by cancer)
Swede Savage (Indy Car crash)
Peter Revson (Indy Car crash)
Mark Donohue (Indy Car crash)
Gordon Smiley (Indy Car crash)
Jovy Marcello (Indy Car crash)
Jim Hickman (Indy Car crash)
Tony Renna (Indy Car crash)
Bill Vukovich Sr. and Bill Vukovich, III (Indy car crashes)
Ronnie Petersen (F-1)
Ayrton Senna (F-1)
Jim Clark (F-1 crash)
Kerry Von Erich, and The original Ultimate Warrior
Derrick Thomas (complications from paralysis due to a car accident)
Joe Delaney (Drowned)
Reggie Lewis (Heart attack due to arrythmia)
Hank Gathers (same)
Willie Classen (First high-profile example of death in the ring)
Sonny Liston (Either died of a concussion in the pool or drugs)

Some good mentions here Indy, along with Greg Moore a little farther up. And I'll add F1 driver Gilles Villeneuve.

Written By: nally on 05/20/05 at 10:35 am

Oh...that's right! It was a boating accident; I guess I had forgotten that. :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/20/05 at 11:30 am

I keep confusing Grey Moore with Greg Ray, another Indy driver. Anyone know about him? :-\\

Gilles Villenueve was an F-1 driver that was killed in a GP race. His nephew Gilles Villenueve is a former 500 champ and son of Jaques Villenueve.
Also worth mentioning, Patrick DePalier. And hot rodder Lee Shepherd.

Some good mentions here Indy, along with Greg Moore a little farther up. And I'll add F1 driver Gilles Villeneuve.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/20/05 at 5:16 pm

Lou Gehrig, so tragic they nick-named Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis after him-Lou Gehrigs
Disease  :(

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/20/05 at 5:32 pm

For gymnastics fans, Christy Heinrich, who succumbed to anorexia.

Written By: BigTex on 05/21/05 at 3:47 pm

Ill add Tim Richmond of NASCAR. The guy was an incredible driver! In his day in the mid-80's many people compared him to Dale Earnhardt. He was brash, good looking, and most of all in my opinion fearless. Thats what killed him in the end. His inability to control even himself.

Its so tragic that a man many people considered then the original Jeff Gordon, an openwheel star who made the switch to NASCAR is in this day hardly ever mentioned.

The reason is why he died. Tim is considered by many as also the first professional athlete to get AIDS.

Regardless how, in the late 80's AIDS was not only a fatal disease, but a reputation ender. If Im not mistaken, the man hung out with Hollywood elites. He screwed around, did drugs, etc.

So much potential wasted on yet another death that didn't have to happen. Now thats tragic.

Subject: Indy Gent

Written By: BigTex on 05/21/05 at 3:59 pm

Since you asked, Greg Moore was a 25 year old Canadian kid who raced the CART Indycar series. If IM not mistaken his first win was in 1996, or 97. Moore was killed at Fontana Ca. on Oct. 31st 1999.

Greg Ray on the other hand still races. He used to compete heavily in the IRL series, and If im not mistaken is even an IRL champion. (99 or 2000) His success lately has been poor at best.

I would love to see him get competetive again, He's such a nice guy, and He's also from my home state of Texas.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/05 at 6:18 pm

Since you asked, Greg Moore was a 25 year old Canadian kid who raced the CART Indycar series. If IM not mistaken his first win was in 1996, or 97. Moore was killed at Fontana Ca. on Oct. 31st 1999.

Greg Ray on the other hand still races. He used to compete heavily in the IRL series, and If im not mistaken is even an IRL champion. (99 or 2000) His success lately has been poor at best.

I would love to see him get competetive again, He's such a nice guy, and He's also from my home state of Texas.
Did anyone here know that TONY STEWART also raced in the IRL..and won the IRL championship in 1997?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/05 at 6:23 pm

NASCAR? I'll give you Nascar!

1. Dale Earnhardt, February 18, 2001 (Daytona 500) 49 yrs old
2. Tony Roper, October 13, 2000 (Texas Motor Speedway) 35 yrs old
3. Kenny Irwin, July 7, 2000 (Louden, New Hampshire) 30 yrs old
4. Adam Petty, May 12, 2000 (Louden, New Hampshire) 19 yrs old
5. John Nemechek, March 21, 1997, Homestead, Florida – killed during a NASCAR Truck Series event 27 yrs old
6. Neil Bonnett, February 11, 1994, Daytona Beach – killed during practice 47 years old
7. Rodney Orr, February 14, 1994, Daytona Beach - killed during practice
8. Davey Allison, July 12, 1993, Helicopter crash at Talladega 32 yrs old
9. Alan Kulwicki, April 1, 1993, Airplane crash on way to Food City 500 38 yrs old
10. Clifford Allison, 1992, Brooklyn, Michigan – killed during practice for Busch Series event 27 yrs old
11. JD McDuffie, August 1991, Watkins Glen, NY
12. Grant Adcox, 1989, Hampton, GA
13. Bruce Jacobi, injured February, 1983 – died February 4, 1987, Twin 125 qualifying
14. Terry Schoonover, November 1984, Atlanta, GA
15. Ricky Knotts, February 14, 1980, Daytona, Twin 125 qualifying
16. Tiny Lund, August 10, 1975, Talladega
17. Ricky Knott, February 1972, Daytona Beach, FL
18. Friday Hassler, February 17, 1972, Daytona – killed qualifying for Twin 125-mile race
19. Talmadge "Tab" Prince, February 1970, Daytona Beach, FL – killed qualifying for Twin 125-mile race
20. Billy Drew Wade, January 5, 1965, Dayton (tire test)
21. Fireball Roberts, July 1964, Charlotte, NC (accident was in May)
22. Harold Habering, February 21, 1964, Daytona (during practice)
23. Joe Weatherly, January 1964, Riverside, CA
24. Marshall Teague, February 11, 1959, Daytona (during practice)
25. Billy Myers, April 12, 1958, Bowman-Gray Stadium, Winston-Salem, NC
26. Bobby Myers, September 2, 1957, Darlington SC
27. Thomas Priddy, June 1956, LeHi, Alaska
28. Clink McHugh, June 1956, LeHi, Alaska
29. John McVitty, April 1956, Langhorne, PA
30. Lou Figaro, 1954, N. Wilksboro, NC
31. Frank Arford, June 1955, Langhorne, PA
32. Larry Mann, September, 1954, Langhorne, PA

Tony Stewart and Kenny Irwin had a HUGE rivalry...yet when Kenny Irwin died..Tony presented his family with the award he won at the New Hampshire race...the race that Kenny would have been a part of. Tony IS a class act...but so many people are so narrow-minded,they only look at when he makes a mistake!

Written By: BigTex on 05/22/05 at 12:57 am

As long as we are on the topic of open wheelers, I have a tragedy of my own. Many many years ago I used to fall asleep in my parents room watching what was then Saturday night thunder on ESPN. One of their biggest attractions was the USAC midget and sprint series. It was here I first watched Billy Vukovich III, one of my favorite drivers, and one of which I consider the very best.

On the night of my 9th birthday, my parents had something really special planned. First we were going to K-Bobs buffet to celebrate, and then we were going to the local highschool football game. I guess thats about all you can ask for in a small Texas town.

I still remember coming home that night to hear about the fatal crash at Mesa Marin. Worst of all, the tributes from that weekend of SNTHNDR still resonate to this day. It was especially hard for my parents who had wanted the night to be special.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/22/05 at 1:34 pm

Tony Stewart,Jeff Gordon, and Ryan Newman are three NASCAR drivers that came from open wheel racing. Same for Robby Gordon (no relation to Jeff) and Ken Schrader.

For those who think NASCAR drivers don't have much education...Ryan Newman has a COLLEGE DEGREE in vehicle structural engineering.

Written By: AL-B on 05/22/05 at 3:55 pm

I'd like to add Brook Berringer, quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Berringer played on the 1994 and 95 teams that won back-to-back national championships, and was an outstanding quarterback who was overshadowed by Tommie Frazier, who is considered by many to be the greatest quarterback ever to play at Nebraska. However, Frazier was more of an option-style QB with limited NFL prospects (at least for his position, and his pro carrer never materialized due to recurring blood clots) whereas Berringer was more of a pro-style dropback passer, and many NFL teams showed interest in him. Berringer was also a licensed pilot, and the week before the 1995 NFL draft he was killed when his plane crashed in a field north of Lincoln, NE. He was 22 years old. Truly a shocking and tragic loss.  :(

Written By: nally on 07/21/09 at 1:07 pm

If this poll were being held today, we might definitely include an "other" option. For "other", I would nominate Nick Adenhart, an Angels rookie pitcher who was killed in April of this year. :\'(

Written By: holicman on 07/21/09 at 7:09 pm

Henry Surtees, son of former F1 world champion John surtees was tragically killed at Brands Hatch over the weekend....... A nasty and Unfortunate incident.

HE is in the 2nd car that goes off, watch the replay carefully and you will see what I mean......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTDiYS1NVW4

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/21/09 at 7:34 pm

How about Steve McNair? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 07/23/09 at 9:03 am

Roberto Clemente was personally escorting relief supplies to people to insure that the corrupt minions of Somoza didn't take off with it or try to sell it.  That is not only tragic, it is a heroes death. 

Written By: SemperYoda on 07/23/09 at 9:31 am

Arthur Ashe - Tennis Player

Sean Taylor - Washington Redskins Safety

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/23/09 at 3:02 pm

Roberto Clemente was personally escorting relief supplies to people to insure that the corrupt minions of Somoza didn't take off with it or try to sell it.  That is not only tragic, it is a heroes death. 

Growing up in Picksburgh in the 1960's, Roberto Clemente was our universal hero.  We were absolutely stunned when he passed away.  Roberto was supposed to be indestructable.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/09 at 11:15 pm

Growing up in Picksburgh in the 1960's, Roberto Clemente was our universal hero.  We were absolutely stunned when he passed away.  Roberto was supposed to be indestructable.   :-\\

Clemente had a set of brass balls.  Nicaragua had been devastated by an earthquake in 1972. Since the Somoza government was stealing those earthquake relief packages, Clemente decided to accompany the goods himself.  Unfortunately, the plane he chartered was a piece of crap with a hack crew, plus the cargo was over weight, so down it went into the Caribbean, and Clemente was never found..  I was too young to remember it happening, but I heard about it when I was a kid.
:\'(

Written By: holicman on 07/25/09 at 2:03 am

Roger Williamson - F1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39yGEap1K-8

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/26/09 at 11:10 pm

For me, the most tragic is Vernon Forrest..... Such a a wonderful person and great example of what an athlete SHOULD BE... Our loss is Heavens gain without a doubt.
Rip Vernon,
ur fan Kelly :\'(

Written By: ninny on 07/27/09 at 6:36 am

That was very tragic, also the death of Thurman Munson and Pat Tillman.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/27/09 at 10:27 am

Now we have this guy, who I honestly never heard of, and that is sad because he sounds like he was everything a man in his position should be.

Vernon Forrest, a former two-division champion who gained stardom when he became the first boxer to defeat Shane Mosley, was shot to death in what police are calling an attempted robbery.
Atlanta police Sgt. Lisa Keyes said in an e-mail Sunday that the 38-year-old Forrest was shot several times in the back late Saturday night on a street just southwest of downtown. Keyes said there were no suspects.

www.kevin-blackistone.fanhouse.com/2009/07/26/vernon-forrest-one-of-true-good-guys/

Forrest, who studied business administration at Northern Michigan University, and his partners purchased a suburban Atlanta home in 1996 and retrofitted it for the demands of their business. Destiny's Child, which took in patients from institutions or families that were no longer able to care for them...

Forrest's payroll grew to include as many as 25 caregivers, coordinators, and administrative staff. There was a $5 million insurance policy as protection against malpractice that he had to pick up. And in 2000, the state of Georgia requested that Forrest's company take in 17 patients who were enrolled in a competing firm that folded. Forrest couldn't say no to the extra patients anymore than he could sit idly by as that autistic kid fought to tie his shoes.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/27/09 at 11:19 am

I love it... The man deserved the Arthur Ashe award... He was a man with a true heart of gold.

Written By: Max Power on 07/31/09 at 11:53 am

Could use 'other' option

What about Lou Gehrig, Pat Tillman, Thurman Munson, and others?

Don't forget Rocky's career in the fifth movie...

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 11:56 am

Could use 'other' option

What about Lou Gehrig, Pat Tillman, Thurman Munson, and others?

Don't forget Rocky's career in the fifth movie...

I agree...there's so many of them

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/09 at 12:27 pm

Miklos Fehér

Written By: Marian on 07/31/09 at 1:08 pm

I remember reading about that when it happened.

Written By: Max Power on 07/31/09 at 1:56 pm

Now we have this guy, who I honestly never heard of, and that is sad because he sounds like he was everything a man in his position should be.

Vernon Forrest, a former two-division champion who gained stardom when he became the first boxer to defeat Shane Mosley, was shot to death in what police are calling an attempted robbery.
Atlanta police Sgt. Lisa Keyes said in an e-mail Sunday that the 38-year-old Forrest was shot several times in the back late Saturday night on a street just southwest of downtown. Keyes said there were no suspects.

www.kevin-blackistone.fanhouse.com/2009/07/26/vernon-forrest-one-of-true-good-guys/

Forrest, who studied business administration at Northern Michigan University, and his partners purchased a suburban Atlanta home in 1996 and retrofitted it for the demands of their business. Destiny's Child, which took in patients from institutions or families that were no longer able to care for them...

Forrest's payroll grew to include as many as 25 caregivers, coordinators, and administrative staff. There was a $5 million insurance policy as protection against malpractice that he had to pick up. And in 2000, the state of Georgia requested that Forrest's company take in 17 patients who were enrolled in a competing firm that folded. Forrest couldn't say no to the extra patients anymore than he could sit idly by as that autistic kid fought to tie his shoes.

Hopefully they'll find the monsters responsible for this and give them a KO.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/01/09 at 1:23 am

I hope they do... they seem to think there are 4 suspects...I hope they get them all.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/13/09 at 7:39 pm

Another tragic NASCAR death: Bobby Hamilton, Sr. to cancer.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/26/09 at 2:00 am

Hopefully they'll find the monsters responsible for this and give them a KO.

I guess they got all three that were responsible and hopefully justice will be served....

Written By: tv on 08/30/09 at 12:36 pm

Lets see tragic sports deaths:

Dale Earnhardt Sr.
Reggie Lewis
Adam Petty(kyle Petty's son-ironically Kenny Irwin was killed at the same track that Kyle died at(New Hampshire Intl' Speedway)
Korey Stringer(Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman.) Died of Heat Exhaustion druring training camp in 2001 I believe.)
Malik Sealy(NBA player) played for the LA Clippers, Indiana Pacers, and Minnesota Timberwolves. He died in a car accident when a drunk driver hit the car he was in and died.
Reggie White(former NFL defensive limeman, nicknamed "the minister of defense.") Plyed with the Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers, and Carolina Panthers. Reggie won a Super Bowl with the Packers in 1996-1997 season and also advanced to the Super Bowl in 1997-1998 season only for the Packers to get upset by John Elway and the Broncos.

Check for new replies or respond here...