inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VOICE OF FRED FLINTSTONE DIES....Henry Corden...

Written By: saver on 05/21/05 at 2:58 pm

May 19, 2005, Henry Corden known to many for his voice of Fred Flintstone since the 1970's after replacing deceased Alan Reed the original voice, has died.

Others would know Henry from his on camera roles including the landlord in the old 'MONKEES' tv series.

Another pop culture credit was when he played 'Jeannie's' father in an 'I Dream of Jeannie' episode with Richard Keil as 'Ali'.

RIP-Henry....

Long live your work!

Subject: Re: VOICE OF FRED FLINTSTONE DIES....Henry Corden...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/05 at 5:23 pm

May 19, 2005, Henry Corden known to many for his voice of Fred Flintstone since the 1970's after replacing deceased Alan Reed the original voice, has died.

Others would know Henry from his on camera roles including the landlord in the old 'MONKEES' tv series.

Another pop culture credit was when he played 'Jeannie's' father in an 'I Dream of Jeannie' episode with Richard Keil as 'Ali'.

RIP-Henry....

Long live your work!
Bummer.....it seems a lot of famous people are going to the afterlife these days...

Written By: saver on 05/21/05 at 5:39 pm

Henry was 85.... good long life! Had the great op to meet him  :\'(.

We'll see if there's a 3rd in the 'voice' ring as the one before was Mason Adams, the voice of Smuckers which we grew up listening to.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/05 at 5:54 pm

I'd bet that most younger people who watch the Flintstones don't know..or even care...that the cartoon and its characters were inspired by a hugely popular 1950's TV sitcom....The Honeymooners.

Written By: saver on 05/21/05 at 6:11 pm

they wouldn't have guessed 'Scooby-Doo' was named from the Sinatra song 'Strangers In the Night'... someone thought Scooby-Doo(from the Scooby dooby doo) verse, would be a good name! ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/05 at 6:43 pm

:\'(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/21/05 at 7:45 pm

This is sad news...  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/05 at 8:29 pm

RIP Fred Flintstone AKA Henry Corden

Erin

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/05 at 10:24 pm

RIP
HENRY CORDEN
FRED FLINTSTONE II

I just looked up "Flintstones" on IMDB.  I forgot Mel Blanc played Barney Rubble.  Most of the original series cast is long dead.  The guy who played Mr. Slate is still alive, though!

I didn't know the "Honeymooners" connection into that series got popular again in the '80s.  As soon as someone pointed it out to me, the connection couldn't be more obvious!

Where would Homer Simpson be without Fred Flintsone?

Check for new replies or respond here...