inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Paul 'Tigger' Winchell dies

Written By: saver on 06/26/05 at 3:41 pm

On his daughters website aprilwinchell.com she says he was a very unhappy guy and they may have tried to keep the news of his death away from the kids...

Bitter? Maybe but it's from the (no bad way) horses mouth.

He also helped patent the artificial heart , and a flameless lighter

Subject: Re: Paul 'Tigger' Winchell dies

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/05 at 6:15 am

Who is he again?

Written By: jiminy on 06/27/05 at 6:24 am

http://www.jerrylayne.com/Images/Paul%20Winchell/Paul-Winchell-JM-KS.jpg
did the voice of tigger
http://www.stmaryslibrary.org/winter%20tigger%20001.jpg

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/27/05 at 6:26 am

http://www.jerrylayne.com/Images/Paul%20Winchell/Paul-Winchell-JM-KS.jpg
did the voice of tigger
http://www.stmaryslibrary.org/winter%20tigger%20001.jpg
Those are some freakish looking puppets  :o

Written By: saver on 06/27/05 at 1:31 pm

His daughter April (HAND TO GOD) revealed a bizarre story from her childhood.....the guy that made you laugh with all those creative characters had told her as a little girl her mother had died and that he was wearing her(the mothers) underwear!

This is true and can be verified..just a last chance to tell this story as it would never come up again.. sorryyyRIP 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/27/05 at 1:34 pm

Tigger was one of my favorite cartoon charecters, rest in peace, Paul.  :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/27/05 at 1:43 pm

I thought he died a long time ago. Must have been the privacy he wanted. We will miss him.  :\'(

PS: His daughter sounds like another Christina Crawford (Mommie Dearest). Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/27/05 at 2:16 pm

More bad news.... John Fielder, the actor who did the voice for Piglet, died recently too..  :\'(

NEW YORK (AP) -- John Fiedler, a stage actor who won fame as the voice of Piglet in Walt Disney's Winnie-the-Pooh films, died Saturday, The New York Times reported in Monday editions. He was 80.

Fiedler served in the Navy during World War II before beginning a stage career in New York. He performed in supporting roles alongside Sidney Poitier on Broadway, John Wayne in Hollywood and Bob Newhart on television.

With Newhart, on "The Bob Newhart Show," he was Mr. Peterson, the meek patient who was often a target for Jack Riley's sarcastic Mr. Carlin.

Fiedler also appeared in the films "12 Angry Men," "The Odd Couple," "True Grit," "The Fortune" and "Sharky's Machine," and was a cast member on the TV show "Buffalo Bill."

But he was best known for the squeaky voice of the ever-worrying Piglet that he landed when someone noticed his naturally high-pitched voice.

"Walt Disney heard it on a program and said, 'That's Piglet,' " his brother James Fiedler told The Times.

In addition to his brother, Fiedler is survived by a sister, Mary Dean, The Times reported. The newspaper did not report the cause or location of his death.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/27/obit.fiedler.ap/index.html

Written By: Carrie on 06/27/05 at 2:19 pm

PS: His daughter sounds like another Christina Crawford (Mommie Dearest). Correct me if I'm wrong. 
From how it sounded, he is the one who didn't want to have contact with his children.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/05 at 5:47 pm

Oh, he was the voice the Tigger!  So long, Tigger, I was always a fan.
:\'(

Written By: guest on 06/27/05 at 5:51 pm

Apparently it sounds as if they may have not wanted the children to KNOW as a friend of his daughter had to tell her.

new thread..is there any OLDER cartoon voice still aliive?

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/27/05 at 5:55 pm

I find that hard to believe. If that's true, then I don't really care for him. I hope that they forgave him, even if he didn't ask for forgiveness. :-\\
From how it sounded, he is the one who didn't want to have contact with his children.

Written By: saver on 06/27/05 at 5:58 pm

Daughter April is located at:  aprilwinchell.com for the story she heard...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/05 at 10:34 pm

His daughter April (HAND TO GOD) revealed a bizarre story from her childhood.....the guy that made you laugh with all those creative characters had told her as a little girl her mother had died and that he was wearing her(the mothers) underwear!

This is true and can be verified..just a last chance to tell this story as it would never come up again.. sorryyyRIP 

Can you clarify?  Did he wear his late wife's underwear on the day she died?  Was that the cause of her death?  Or did he wear his wife's undies to the funeral?  Or had he been wearing his wife's underwear since the day she died?  Same pair all the way, or did he try 'em all out?  Hey, you know ever cloud has a silver lining.  When your spouse dies, your underwear supply doubles!  Never thought of it that way!
:-X

Written By: Stompgal on 06/28/05 at 3:44 pm

RIP Paul. Coincidentally, My first name is April and I'm wearing my Tigger pyjama bottoms right now in memory of him.

Written By: jiminy on 06/28/05 at 6:27 pm

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers

http://www.piscitella.com/Tigger/pictures/static/tigger_name.jpg

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I'm the only one

Is Tiggers are wonderful chaps
They're loaded with vim and with vigor
They love to leap in your laps
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
Is I'm the only one

Tiggers are wonderful fellahs
Tiggers are awfully sweet
Everyone elses is jealous
And thats why I repeat
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
Is I'm the only one
Yes, I'm the only one
(Grrrrrr...)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/05 at 8:21 pm

Eeyore says:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~coppelia/images/poohpics/eeyore/eeyore_sad.gif
"Humph, I saw that coming a mile away!"

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/28/05 at 10:20 pm

Now comes word that John Fiedler, the voice of Piglet (Oh-d-d-d-ear!) in the Winnie the Pooh series, has died one day after Winchell. :\'( :\'(

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-06-28/

Written By: guest on 06/30/05 at 11:26 pm

Daughter of Paul (April) reacts to those who chastise her for exposing her father as a father instead of how you all remember him

IN REGARDS TO HIS BOOK:'WINCH"

Imagine that your father writes a book depicting your loving and generous mother as a whore. Imagine him laying waste to your entire family, under the guise of "getting well". Imagine too, that all his memories are filtered through years of self-admitted drug abuse and mental llness, and bear no relation to the real events .

What would you do with that?

All I can tell you is what I had to do. I had to defend my mother. Because she really is a hero.

My mother stood by my father for 12 years, throughout his drug abuse, his infidelities, his paranoia, his psychotic episodes, his physical abuse and his institutionalizations. She did so because he was my father, and she did that for me.

When she finally realized our own mental health was at risk, she left. She was heartbroken. He retaliated in ways that are unspeakable.

Now you know SOME of the rest of the story.... :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...