inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peter Jennings has died at 67

Written By: bbigd04 on 08/07/05 at 10:58 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050808/ap_on_en_tv/obit_jennings

May he rest in peace. So sad.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Peter Jennings has died at 67

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/05 at 11:04 pm

He was one of my favorite news reporters, and probally one of the last really good reporters as well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Peter's friends and family, he'll be sadly missed.

http://www.abcnewsstore.com/store/customer/images/products/images/jennings_50636_42_pre.jpg

:\'(

Written By: bbigd04 on 08/07/05 at 11:05 pm

Mine too, I watched him for so long on world news tonight.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/07/05 at 11:07 pm

OMG....I didn't even know about this until right now...that is SO sad, I really liked him. My prayers go out to his family.

Erin

Written By: rich1981 on 08/07/05 at 11:14 pm

I just saw this on another forum, how very unfortunate.  :(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/07/05 at 11:15 pm

That is so sad!  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/05 at 11:51 pm

He was one of my favorite news reporters, and probally one of the last really good reporters as well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Peter's friends and family, he'll be sadly missed.

http://www.abcnewsstore.com/store/customer/images/products/images/jennings_50636_42_pre.jpg

My sentiments too.  Thank for posting Peter's pic.

R.I.P.
Peter Jennings

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/07/05 at 11:54 pm

:o

This is sad. He was a great newsreader (especially the 9/11 coverage which we got simulcasted on TV down here.) May he rest in peace.  :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 08/08/05 at 6:23 am

:\'(  there isn't anything I can say

Written By: Dagwood on 08/08/05 at 7:02 am

This shocked me this morning.  I know he had cancer, but it still came as quite the shock.  R.I.P. Mr. Jennings.

Written By: bj26 on 08/08/05 at 8:05 am

He came to my high school and spoke at our assembly about world events, the future, etc.  It was a nice gesture to speak to us and I remember it to this day.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/08/05 at 10:18 am

Now the ABC News anchor job may be one of those jobs people are afraid to take (keyboardist for Grateful Dead, drummer for Spinal Tap, etc.) First Frank Reynolds, then Max Robinson, now Jennings (and Howard K. Smith and Harry Reasoner, but it took awhile. And Reasoner went on to co-host 60 Minutes before his passing). It's a wonder Hugh Downs and Barbara are still around. We'll miss all of them. :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/05 at 11:18 am

I read about this earlier. It was such a shock and so sad. I really liked him. My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Peter.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 11:44 am

An absolute wonderful, classy man. I enjoyed watching him over those many years and he will be sorely missed but fondly remembered...R.I.P.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/08/05 at 1:54 pm

I just found out about it this morning. Was a real shocker to me. :-[

R.I.P Peter :\'(

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/08/05 at 2:21 pm

I found out late last night. CTV News up here in Canada is also mourning the loss of Peter Jennings, since he started newscasting up here in the Great White North. We'll all miss you :\'(.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/08/05 at 3:35 pm

My sentiments too.  Thank for posting Peter's pic.

R.I.P.
Peter Jennings

Your welcome.

Written By: Harmonica on 08/08/05 at 3:41 pm

The world of news, as well as the world as a whole has lost a great attribute not only as a great extremely intelligent news broadcastor but just a darn good person as well.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/08/05 at 4:38 pm

The world of news, as well as the world as a whole has lost a great attribute not only as a great extremely intelligent news broadcastor but just a darn good person as well.

I agree you, sadly with his passing we are left with Bill O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson, Geraldo Rivera, and Sean Hannity.

::)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/05 at 4:40 pm

I had found out early this morning.I had a feeling he wasn't going to last.RIP Peter Jennings. :\'(

Written By: gemini on 08/08/05 at 4:54 pm

Very sad news. R.I.P. Peter  :\'(

Written By: Marian on 08/08/05 at 8:18 pm

very sad news.I liked his broadcasts. :\'(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/09/05 at 11:31 am

Me too.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/09/05 at 4:09 pm

I remember he covered the countdown to The New Millenium in 2000.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/09/05 at 6:54 pm

I agree you, sadly with his passing we are left with Bill O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson, Geraldo Rivera, and Sean Hannity.

::)
Yes...all Fox News Channel employees....and mouthpieces for the right. Not fair and balanced. Peter Jennings was fair and balanced...and a true PROFESSIONAL who went the extra mile to get the whole story.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/09/05 at 6:57 pm

I remember he covered the countdown to The New Millenium in 2000.
Do you mean ABC's daylong countdown? That was well done by ABC,technology-wise. And it was cool to see how other nations 'rang in' the New Year...and the new millenium.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/09/05 at 7:07 pm

Not all Fox News employees are right-wing fanatics or mouthpieces to the right. Please, don't judge a news channel solely by those idiots you mentioned. ::) As for Peter Jennings being fair and balanced, that's debatable. But I won't kick a man when he's down.
Yes...all Fox News Channel employees....and mouthpieces for the right. Not fair and balanced. Peter Jennings was fair and balanced...and a true PROFESSIONAL who went the extra mile to get the whole story.

Check for new replies or respond here...