inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mo Mowlam passes away

Written By: Stompgal on 08/19/05 at 2:44 am

The politician has passed away aged 55. Pay your respects by posting here.

:\'(

Subject: Re: Mo Mowlam passes away

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/05 at 2:53 am

I have just heard the news on the radio. I knew that her health had been deteriating over the last week.

I am indeed saddened by this news, for once I did met her and found her very charming.

Mo Mowlam R.I.P.

Written By: Bobby on 08/19/05 at 4:06 am

Add that to the list, Robin Cook, Mo Mowlem . . . who next?

Not that I am into grieving for overpaid, inneffectual politicians by any stretch of the imagination.

Written By: karen on 08/19/05 at 4:11 am

missed the news this morning.

She always seemed one of the more genuine ones to me.

RIP

Written By: Paul on 08/19/05 at 7:01 am

I am indeed saddened by this news, for once I did met her and found her very charming.

It's said that her charm sped the Irish peace process along when she was NI Secretary - for that alone, she should be honoured...

Mo Mowlam R.I.P.

My thoughts precisely...

Written By: Dagwood on 08/19/05 at 7:16 am

Who is she?  Sorry, I am in the States and have never heard of her.

Written By: karen on 08/19/05 at 7:20 am

Who is she?  Sorry, I am in the States and have never heard of her.

welcome to our world Dagwood. 

Mo Mowlam was a British politician.  She became Secretary of state for Northern Ireland and she was heavily involved in sorting out the peace process there.  IIRC she resigned from the pst because she had cancer.  She recovered but then recently relapsed and was admitted to a hospice about two weeks ago.

more here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4126986.stm

Written By: Gis on 08/19/05 at 8:00 am

First Robin Cook then Mo Mowlam............my theory is that Blair is bumping them all off so he has no competition and can get in for a 4th term !

Seriously though it's very sad she was a good 'un and will be missed.

Written By: Paul on 08/19/05 at 8:20 am

First Robin Cook then Mo Mowlam............my theory is that Blair is bumping them all off so he has no competition and can get in for a 4th term !

He's probably hoping George Galloway and 'Gordie' will be next!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/05 at 10:59 am

Mo Mowlam was a British politician.  She became Secretary of state for Northern Ireland and she was heavily involved in sorting out the peace process there.  IIRC she resigned from the pst because she had cancer.  She recovered but then recently relapsed and was admitted to a hospice about two weeks ago.

more here

It was a brain tumour she had that when she resigned.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/19/05 at 12:05 pm

Add that to the list, Robin Cook, Mo Mowlem . . . who next?

Not that I am into grieving for overpaid, inneffectual politicians by any stretch of the imagination.

I can agree with that however, as people have pointed out, she did a lot to speed up the peace process in Northern Ireland (something i feel strongly about). I'll keep my Politics regarding Northern Ireland to myself as they are very inflammatory however, peace at any cost is the best bet. Her work for that should be honored at any rate.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/19/05 at 7:39 pm

Mo Mowlam was a British politician. She became Secretary of state for Northern Ireland and she was heavily involved in sorting out the peace process there. IIRC she resigned from the pst because she had cancer. She recovered but then recently relapsed and was admitted to a hospice about two weeks ago.

more here

Thanks, Karen. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/05 at 7:48 pm

Peace be with you in the hereafter, Mo Mowalm.  On behalf of the citizens of Northern Ireland, and the people of the world, we thank you.
:\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/19/05 at 10:37 pm

Don't know much about her, my being from the States, but God bless her, her heart was in the right place.

Check for new replies or respond here...