inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: San Francisco 49er dies in exhibition game

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/21/05 at 3:37 pm

49er dies in exhibition game
The International Herald Tribune
The Associated Press
08/21/05

DENVER, COLORADO--San Francisco offensive lineman Thomas Herrion collapsed in the locker room and died Sunday morning, shortly after the 49ers played the Denver Broncos in a preseason game. He was 23.

Herrion, a 6-foot-3, 310-pound guard, was on the field for San Francisco's 14-play, 91-yard drive that ended with a touchdown with 2 seconds left.

Players had finished listening to coach Mike Nolan address them in a postgame meeting when Herrion collapsed. Medics administered CPR on him and took him to an ambulance that rushed him to a nearby hospital.

About three hours later, 49ers spokesman Aaron Salkin confirmed that Herrion had been pronounced dead. The cause of death was not immediately known. ''This is a colossal tragedy for the 49ers and the entire NFL community,'' Salkin said. ''We still do not know all the details. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Herrion family.''

Full story

Subject: Re: San Francisco 49er dies in exhibition game

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/21/05 at 4:00 pm

I read about it on AOL News...and went to the message boards to post condolences to the family. And as usual there were idiots saying he 'deserved it'.

Written By: nally on 08/21/05 at 4:02 pm

I read about it on AOL News...and went to the message boards to post condolences to the family. And as usual there were idiots saying he 'deserved it'.

I just read about it on AOL news as well! I didn't post anything about it, though; I just read the article.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/21/05 at 6:20 pm

I "love it" when a major celebrity gets bashed and gets the whole "they deserved it thing" when they die.  ::)

I hope no one said the same thing to them (the bashers) when their loved ones died...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Thomas Herrion's family and friends.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/05 at 6:24 pm

I posted this very story in the NFL exhibition thread after mulling over starting one for just this...wherever the story is it's still very sad :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...