inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Aww not another popular death...

Written By: PETER on 11/07/05 at 5:15 pm

This morning heard the news of the death of the infomercial-Real estate course 'little person'...Mr. Rice....

He and his brother were recently seen on the Jimmy Kimmel show trying to distract a guy who tried to break the worlds recoord for watching tv without looking away!

Sad to hear he broke his leg and not sure if the death was due to complication?

Even sadder the ABC Radio News report that did the story CALLED HIM A MIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP......on a lighter note the box they buried him in was only $5.95 with $1 down ??? ??? ??? ???

Subject: Re: Aww not another popular death...

Written By: TarzSp on 11/07/05 at 5:35 pm

Wow, I had it on some channel last night and all I saw were informercials on all night last night with those 2 "little people" who were brothers.  How weird is it that that same guy just happened to die today?  eerie.  While those informercials were on, I kept thinking to myself, "didn't I see them on ripley's before about how they are the longest living set of "little" twins", and I was thinking how lucky they were to be alive

Spoke to soon

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/08/05 at 10:15 am

This morning heard the news of the death of the infomercial-Real estate course 'little person'...Mr. Rice....

He and his brother were recently seen on the Jimmy Kimmel show trying to distract a guy who tried to break the worlds recoord for watching tv without looking away!

Even sadder the ABC Radio News report that did the story CALLED HIM A MIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP......on a lighter note the box they buried him in was only $5.95 with $1 down ??? ??? ??? ???

Too bad to hear about the loss.  as a life long Insominac, I remember the brothers well.. As for ABC NEws, what a bunch of Morons... Whats next, the death of a "COLORED" or  "HEB".. Wonder if there will be a retraction... OOPS  what m I saying.... R.I.P

Written By: Marian on 11/08/05 at 3:24 pm

Sad to hear of his death.he was definitely not a "midget",that being a special kind of little person,like most of the ones who appeared in "the Wizard of OZ'There aren't very many of people like that now because that particular condition can be treated with hormones,which didn't exist in the early part of the cantury when most of those actors were born.

Check for new replies or respond here...