inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lou Rawls Passes Away...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/06/06 at 7:09 pm

Sad to hear that music legend Lou Rawls passed away today from brain cancer.    :\'(  He was 72.

Man, that cat had one smooooooooooth voice.  8)

Subject: Re: Lou Rawls Passes Away...

Written By: PETER on 01/06/06 at 8:00 pm

Yeah, lost another smooth one...

Hummed "You'll Never Find ..." all day in his honor!

Heard a predictor on a talk show 2006 saying this year many actors we are familiar will pass on..Lou was a singer so he may not count..but for a list of those you might not even know have died  recently...check out einsider.com  go to the obits for whatever year and some have the photo of who they were...Louis Nye,Johnny Carson, etc...   

Written By: PETER on 01/06/06 at 8:03 pm

Yeah, lost another smooth one...

Hummed "You'll Never Find ..." all day in his honor!

Heard a predictor on a talk show 2006 saying this year many actors we are familiar will pass on..Lou was a singer so he may not count..but for a list of those you might not even know have died  recently...check out einsiders.com   go to the obits for whatever year and some have the photo of who they were...Louis Nye,Johnny Carson, etc...   

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/06 at 10:31 pm

He also did songs for the Garfield TV specials. Coincidently, the actor who did the voice for Garfield, Lorenzo Music, died awhile back.

Rest In Peace, Lou.  :\'(

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/07/06 at 12:04 am

Im so sad to hear of the passing of Lou Rawls.. I grew up listening to his music and he had such a GREAT voice.. One of the best.. My fav song from him is Evil Woman.. I like to think of my self as that.. LOL.. Had great lyrics and with that voice.... I loved it... That song is right up there with JIMI Hendrix's version of REDHOUSE!!!  Ill miss that voice.. He had a great life and did so much for so many! R.I.P. :\'( :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/07/06 at 8:42 am

I agree he has a great singing voice.

Written By: jaytee on 01/07/06 at 9:25 am

That was such sad news.  My husband and I had just listened to the song "Lady Love" and then we heard of his passing.  :\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/07/06 at 5:10 pm

Lou Rawls RIP. One smooth guy. :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...