inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP Dana Reeve

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/07/06 at 8:57 am

Dana Reeve, the wife of the late Christopher Reeve, has died from lung cancer at the age of 44.  May they both rest in peace together :\'(

Story here

Subject: Re: RIP Dana Reeve

Written By: gemini on 03/07/06 at 9:01 am

It seems like not long ago that we found out about her cancer. R.I.P. Dana  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/06 at 10:53 am

I read this, this morning. So sad. She was truely a remarkable woman and will be sorely missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/07/06 at 11:37 am

This is so sad....I feel so bad for their son, losing both parents at a young age. :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/07/06 at 12:03 pm

Dana Reeve, the wife of the late Christopher Reeve, has died from lung cancer at the age of 44.  May they both rest in peace together :\'(

Story here

Another 44-year-old checks out?? :o :-[ How sad. :\'( :\'(

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/07/06 at 12:21 pm

What's up with all these people dying?  :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/07/06 at 1:20 pm

This was quite shocking that Dana Reeve died of lung cancer. Supposedly, she never smoked in her life. And I don't believe her husband was a heavy smoker either. Truly, another tragic loss. :\'(

Written By: Marian on 03/07/06 at 2:34 pm

This was quite shocking that Dana Reeve died of lung cancer. Supposedly, she never smoked in her life. And I don't believe her husband was a heavy smoker either. Truly, another tragic loss. :\'(
My history teacher from high school,Helen Mineta,the older sister of Norman Y.Mineta,also was a non-smoker who died of lung cancer.it's apparently in some people's gene pools.Norman Mineta,while being x-rayed for a hernia,discovered he had a small lung cancer,which was successfully removed.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/07/06 at 7:41 pm

This is really sad news, my deepest sympathy goes out to their family.  :\'(

Rest in Peace,

Dana and Chris

:\'(

Written By: Dukefan on 03/11/06 at 3:14 am

Very sad news.  My prayers are with the family and especially their kid.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/06 at 5:48 am

My history teacher from high school,Helen Mineta,the older sister of Norman Y.Mineta,also was a non-smoker who died of lung cancer.it's apparently in some people's gene pools.Norman Mineta,while being x-rayed for a hernia,discovered he had a small lung cancer,which was successfully removed.

Actually that might not be genetic.  After smoking, the next most prevalent cause of lung cancer is Radon Gas which is a radioactive isotope that is emitted from the earth.  These days when you buy a house, a radon test is de rigeur.  If radon levels are too high, then basement vbentilation systems are required.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/13/06 at 4:05 am

This is so sad....I feel so bad for their son, losing both parents at a young age. :\'(
  I think so too Erin.. It was so sad, seemed like we knew her personally.. HSe was a beauty, Inside and out and i pray for Will.  I think its awesome that he is living with his friends family, hes so young and he will need friends now and at least maybe there will be a constant in his life.. I continue to pray for him daily.  R.I.P  Dana and Chris.... :)  God had another angel now....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/13/06 at 8:11 am

guys...look at this...this guy who draws the political cartoons in our local newspaper drew this one in honor of Dana Reeve...it was so touching. :\'(

http://editorialcartoonists.com/CFC/toonimageenc.cfm?width=600&file=J%24EJ8%3B%2AJP4%3B%2A%5C2%2B%27PJ%20ZDW%3FL%27%40LT%29I%28%5E%27S6T%24R%3E%2F%29G%5CC%2CSX%2ASDJC%3D%25TF%23%0A

Check for new replies or respond here...