inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP George Lutz passes away at 59

Written By: star500 on 06/04/06 at 9:19 pm

George Lutz passed away of heart failure on May 8th. RIP George. I know not everyone believed your story about the Amityville house but you will be sadly missed. :\'(

Subject: Re: RIP George Lutz passes away at 59

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/06 at 10:57 pm

George Lutz passed away of heart failure on May 8th. RIP George. I know not everyone believed your story about the Amityville house but you will be sadly missed. :\'(

Did he really die of heart failure, or is it just a publicity stunt? Where's Jay Anson anyway?
:P
The real Amityville Horror was perpetuated upon the citizens of Amityville themselves in the form of traffic jams in their neighborhoods with cars full of gawkers and camera clickers!
If Mr. Lutz had been sincere in his beliefs, he would have been adjudged insane and committed for psychiatric treatment. But noooo...Messrs. Lutz and Anson made up a giant hoax* and impressionable people such as my sister scared themselves into paralysis reading their horror story. To be fair, even if The Amityville Horror was stated as fiction, I don't think it would have calmed my sister's nerves. You know, the power of suggestion is one of the most persuasive of all.

I don't wish Mr. Lutz ill in the afterlife, but it's important we remember him for what he was--a bullsh!t artist.

*It is true the DeFeo kid killed his family in that house back in '74, but that bit of infamy was only a catalyst for Lutz lies to follow.

Subject: Re: RIP George Lutz passes away at 59

Written By: danootaandme on 06/08/06 at 5:33 pm

Sooooo, I wonder just where the little poltergeist will show up?

Check for new replies or respond here...