inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Patsy Ramsey died, too!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/24/06 at 3:22 pm

http://oklahomacity.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8IEOCDO0

Patsy Ramsey, wife of John Ramsey and mother of Jonbenet Ramsey, has died after a long battle with ovarian cancer.  :( Edit to add: She was 49 years old.

So sad. RIP

Subject: Re: Patsy Ramsey died, too!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/06 at 3:26 pm

RIP Mrs. Ramsey.

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/06 at 3:31 pm

R.I.P.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/06 at 6:14 pm

I wonder if we will ever find out what really happened that night ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/06 at 7:21 pm

I wonder if we will ever find out what really happened that night ???

I think I know who was responsible, but I'm not gonna say it here!
:-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/06 at 8:17 pm

I think I know who was responsible, but I'm not gonna say it here!
:-X

I hear ya, Max... :-X

Written By: BrianMannixGirl Guest on 06/25/06 at 3:39 am

Yeah well I guess eventually guilt has to chew up your insides and turn itself into cancer. Your body has a way of revealling your inner demons.

See - I will just say it !!!! I have always felt she did it (and she wasnt alone).

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/06 at 7:45 am

Yeah well I guess eventually guilt has to chew up your insides and turn itself into cancer. Your body has a way of revealling your inner demons.

See - I will just say it !!!! I have always felt she did it (and she wasnt alone).

Mannixgirl... Patsy Ramsay had cancer long before the JonBenet incident.

The Ramsays still seemed creepy as hell to me.  I mean, Patsy's overall demeanor... the old man was cool as a cucumber.  And I always found it a tad creepy that they named the kid, "JonBenet" after the father John Bennett Ramsay.

Written By: Jessica on 06/25/06 at 10:36 am

Yeah, but if she hadn't been a total freak it might not have come back. Punishment for killing an innocent: CANCER RETURNS!

I've always believed that those two had something to do with Jon Benet's death. If not the actual murder, then hiring someone to kill her. I'm not sure why though. What do you gain from killing a 6 year old?

I hope Patsy isn't resting in peace. If there is an afterlife, I hope she is burning in the deepest pits of hell. I can't feel sympathy for someone who was so obviously guilty about something.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/06 at 1:01 pm

Extreme stress can accelerate and intensify cancerous pathologies.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 06/25/06 at 2:55 pm

I still think patsy ramsey killed jonebenet and we never know who did it

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/06 at 3:14 pm

I still think patsy ramsey killed jonebenet and we never know who did it

Maybe if they got Mark Fuhrman on this case.  He cracked the long-stymied  Martha Moxley case wide open.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/25/06 at 3:26 pm

The Ramsays still seemed creepy as hell to me.  I mean, Patsy's overall demeanor... the old man was cool as a cucumber.  And I always found it a tad creepy that they named the kid, "JonBenet" after the father John Bennett Ramsay.

What really bothered me was that they dressed their 6 year old daughter up and paraded her around. I really hate to say this but JonBenet may be better off than if she had lived. As tragic as cancer is, I can't say that I feel bad (but I am not happy that she died either). Maybe this is her just desserts.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 06/25/06 at 9:23 pm

What really bothered me was that they dressed their 6 year old daughter up and paraded her around. I really hate to say this but JonBenet may be better off than if she had lived. As tragic as cancer is, I can't say that I feel bad (but I am not happy that she died either). Maybe this is her just desserts.

Cat

You have just expressed my exact feelings.  I don't want to wish anyone dead, but if she did kill JonBenet like I think she did then this is karma.

Written By: guest on 06/26/06 at 1:22 am

QUICK! Call Sylvia Browne to channel her since the old ghosts won't tell her who kill JB!!!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/27/06 at 12:42 am

Cat
There are thousands of girls doing exactly what Jonbenet was doing, and thousands that are doing worse. Its a strange little society in itself, and the Ramseys aren't to blame for that. Why is her death her just desserts? What proof do you have that she murdered Jonbenet? In my opinion, the exact opposite is true. I have read 3 books about the Ramsey case, and pieces of the puzzle are there. I am surprised that John Douglas(or another person of his stature) have not come out and pointed out several things that are mentioned in these books.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/06 at 1:51 pm

There are thousands of girls doing exactly what Jonbenet was doing, and thousands that are doing worse. Its a strange little society in itself, and the Ramseys aren't to blame for that. Why is her death her just desserts? What proof do you have that she murdered Jonbenet? In my opinion, the exact opposite is true. I have read 3 books about the Ramsey case, and pieces of the puzzle are there. I am surprised that John Douglas(or another person of his stature) have not come out and pointed out several things that are mentioned in these books.

I do know that there are thousands of girls doing the exact same thing which I think is a travesty. I think that parents who subject their daughters to such a life are doing much harm to their children. I don't blame the Ramseys for that "society" but I blame them for subjecting JonBenet to it. And what I said was MAYBE it was her just desserts. I didn't say that it WAS.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 06/27/06 at 3:13 pm

Yeah, but if she hadn't been a total freak it might not have come back. Punishment for killing an innocent: CANCER RETURNS!

I've always believed that those two had something to do with Jon Benet's death. If not the actual murder, then hiring someone to kill her. I'm not sure why though. What do you gain from killing a 6 year old?

I hope Patsy isn't resting in peace. If there is an afterlife, I hope she is burning in the deepest pits of hell. I can't feel sympathy for someone who was so obviously guilty about something.
As the parents,they hd the most oppertunity,but the motive is very much in question.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl Guest on 06/28/06 at 12:33 am

I do know that there are thousands of girls doing the exact same thing which I think is a travesty. I think that parents who subject their daughters to such a life are doing much harm to their children. I don't blame the Ramseys for that "society" but I blame them for subjecting JonBenet to it. And what I said was MAYBE it was her just desserts. I didn't say that it WAS.
Cat

I can help but agree with you Cat. The sight of 5 year olds tarted up to look like street walkers is revolting. Those parents should let their 5 year olds have a childhood. Not an endless trainwreck of makeup and hairspray and tarty outfits and pouty photographs that could only please a pervert.
These children grow up believing that their hair and looks are their only assets and that winning a trophy is their only form of success.

Give them some dignity and a childhood.

And I still think the parents killed JonBenet.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/28/06 at 12:41 am

I've seen beauty pageants for kids where they're not made to look like Vegas hookers.  There's a difference between putting your kid in something like this for FUN and because the kid genuinely enjoys it and parents forcing their kids to do this to fill some void in themselves.  You should watch the HBO documentary "Living Dolls" if you want further proof of this.  These families will literally go broke and eat cat food to keep little Betsy Sue in pageants.  To say that all parents who put their kids in pageants are bad people is a very broad generalization, and unfair IMO.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/28/06 at 6:11 pm

I've seen beauty pageants for kids where they're not made to look like Vegas hookers.  There's a difference between putting your kid in something like this for FUN and because the kid genuinely enjoys it and parents forcing their kids to do this to fill some void in themselves.  You should watch the HBO documentary "Living Dolls" if you want further proof of this.  These families will literally go broke and eat cat food to keep little Betsy Sue in pageants.  To say that all parents who put their kids in pageants are bad people is a very broad generalization, and unfair IMO.

I think I saw a similiar documentary, but I recall it being on A & E about 6 years ago. It was very sad what they did to these children, and although not ALL parents are like this - they can easily turn that way..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/06 at 1:11 am

Nix on the childhood "beauty pageants."

This culture needs more humility and less vanity.

Besides, why send little girls the erroneous message that they can get anything they want in life if other people think they're pretty?
Oh, actually that's true. Never mind then!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/madamy.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/29/06 at 5:40 pm

Well you gotta admit that JonBenet looked pretty hot in those outfits.  :P  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/29/06 at 10:02 pm

Well you gotta admit that JonBenet looked pretty hot in those outfits.  :P  ;D

That's not funny, dude.  She's dead and she was 6.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/30/06 at 5:13 am

What? a 6-year-old can't look hot?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 6:11 am

In order for you to think a 6 year old looked "hot", it means you are admitting that you've looked at a 6 year old in a sexual manner.  You sure you want to do that?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/06 at 10:35 am

Careful, dude. Some people around here take things like waaaaay too serious!
:o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 4:23 pm

Careful, dude. Some people around here take things like waaaaay too serious!
:o

Yeah, because it's cool to joke about children being "hot".  Way to be.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/06 at 4:37 pm

In all honesty, I thought the girl was like 12 or something, with the massive amount of makeup they put on her. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/30/06 at 4:52 pm

I thought she looked pretty - but maybe from a guys point of view hot = pretty.  She definetly was overdone, though. My mother would never let me wear make-up at that age.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 4:59 pm

I thought she looked pretty - but maybe from a guys point of view hot = pretty.  She definetly was overdone, though. My mother would never let me wear make-up at that age.

Not only wouldn't my mom let me wear makeup at that age, but at the age of 24, I wear maybe half the makeup she wore when she was in these pageants.  I can't stand to have a ton of makeup on my face.  I can feel my pores clogging up and I just know I'll break out.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/30/06 at 5:08 pm

Not only wouldn't my mom let me wear makeup at that age, but at the age of 24, I wear maybe half the makeup she wore when she was in these pageants.  I can't stand to have a ton of makeup on my face.  I can feel my pores clogging up and I just know I'll break out.

I agree. I wear some makeup, but never half as much as I see other girls my age, or younger/older than I. I wear a non-oily makeup by Lancome, mascara, eyeliner and some powder and blush. Sometimes, I'll wear eye shadow, but that requires more effort.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 5:19 pm

I agree. I wear some makeup, but never half as much as I see other girls my age, or younger/older than I. I wear a non-oily makeup by Lancome, mascara, eyeliner and some powder and blush. Sometimes, I'll wear eye shadow, but that requires more effort.  ;D

I wear a light powder, eyeliner, nude-colored eyeshadow and some lipgloss.  Dassit. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 6:37 pm

I think it is sick how her mother and the parents of many other little girls in beauty pageants let their LITTLE GIRLS dress/wear tons of make-up, etc. What better way than that to attract some disgusting pervert, ya know? ::) >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/30/06 at 6:43 pm

In order for you to think a 6 year old looked "hot", it means you are admitting that you've looked at a 6 year old in a sexual manner.  You sure you want to do that?

If people did not see (at some level) "hotness" in those little girls who were paraded around in all of those skimpy outfits, makeup, and so on, the whole issue would not be seen as "creepy".  It would be seen as "silly" or "childish".

The reason that the pictures are so "creepy" is that, at some level, they generate a taboo idea.

And THAT is why I stirred the pot.  It worked...

Written By: Marian on 07/01/06 at 1:41 pm

If people did not see (at some level) "hotness" in those little girls who were paraded around in all of those skimpy outfits, makeup, and so on, the whole issue would not be seen as "creepy".  It would be seen as "silly" or "childish".

The reason that the pictures are so "creepy" is that, at some level, they generate a taboo idea.

And THAT is why I stirred the pot.  It worked...

I see what you mean.I see it as silly myself.

Check for new replies or respond here...