inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Career of Broadcaster Don Imus - Dead

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/12/07 at 6:49 pm

Well it looks like ol' Donnie mouthed off one too many times.

RIP, career...

Subject: Re: Career of Broadcaster Don Imus - Dead

Written By: spaceace on 04/12/07 at 7:14 pm

Well it looks like ol' Donnie mouthed off one too many times.

RIP, career...

Great, more time for the news!!! :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/12/07 at 8:37 pm

Somehow my life will go on.

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 9:06 pm

he'll probably just go to sirius or XM. or get a show on hbo like bill maher did. although bill maher was actually right. imus is just being a jerk.

i saw a picture of the rutgers girls, i felt bad for them.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/15/07 at 6:18 pm

It's not like I'm gonna miss his career.

Written By: La Roche on 04/15/07 at 7:29 pm

Hail Imus!

I hope he goes on to make freakin millions without the government and the liberal air-heads involving themselves.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/07 at 4:42 am

Glad the shriveled little gnome and his brown shirt buddy bernard are gone.  Maybe instead of the pissy little junior high school name calling they will hire someone with actual satirical wit and a razor sharp sense of humor.  There must be some Lenny Bruces or Mort Sahls out there plying there trade who could use a job.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/07 at 6:31 am

Hail Imus!

I hope he goes on to make freakin millions without the government and the liberal air-heads involving themselves.

The government didn't have anything to do with what went on here, the FCC wasn't involved at all, it was the market place that dictated his firing in this case, big business called the shots on his firing, and they have never been known to be liberal.  He will probably go on to make millions in cyber world, having money thrown at him by good old boys who laugh the beer through their noses thinking name calling is wit, saying poo-poo is cutting edge.

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 10:34 am

The government didn't have anything to do with what went on here, the FCC wasn't involved at all, it was the market place that dictated his firing in this case, big business called the shots on his firing, and they have never been known to be liberal.  He will probably go on to make millions in cyber world, having money thrown at him by good old boys who laugh the beer through their noses thinking name calling is wit, saying poo-poo is cutting edge.

Name calling is hilarious.

All humor results in somebody getting the s**t end of the stick.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/07 at 12:30 pm

Name calling is hilarious.

Name calling is an easy out. If I was paying someone the money they paid Imus I would certainly want more than "big fat pig".  He did attract some of the big names in politics, but I'm sure many would steer clear until after the election.  Hypocrites that they are, they would vow never to return, then change their tunes after the returns came in.

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 8:41 pm

Name calling is an easy out. If I was paying someone the money they paid Imus I would certainly want more than "big fat pig".  He did attract some of the big names in politics, but I'm sure many would steer clear until after the election.  Hypocrites that they are, they would vow never to return, then change their tunes after the returns came in.

Oh it's the easiest out (as you put it) possible, it's still funny.

I tell you my take in Imus.. and this is me being TOTALLY impartial.

Don Imus used to make fun about people.. but at the base level, it was in jest. He was rude, demeaning, abrasive and vulgar.. but 99% of it was simply to elicit a laugh.
Rush Limbaugh spreads lies about people.. and at the base level, it's serious. He's cruel, remorseless and sleazy.. and 99% of it is to further his own blimpish agenda.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/20/07 at 1:03 am

Oh it's the easiest out (as you put it) possible, it's still funny.

I tell you my take in Imus.. and this is me being TOTALLY impartial.

Don Imus used to make fun about people.. but at the base level, it was in jest. He was rude, demeaning, abrasive and vulgar.. but 99% of it was simply to elicit a laugh.
Rush Limbaugh spreads lies about people.. and at the base level, it's serious. He's cruel, remorseless and sleazy.. and 99% of it is to further his own blimpish agenda.

Too true

Check for new replies or respond here...