inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tom Poston

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/07 at 9:42 pm

Veteran actor Tom Poston, who is perhaps best known as George Utley on 'Newhart' has passed away at age 85  :\'(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18423712/

Subject: Re: Tom Poston

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/01/07 at 10:01 pm

This is really sad news.  :\'(

Rest in peace, Tom, will be sadly missed.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/01/07 at 11:04 pm

man, all of the good ones are leaving us...it's just not fair. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/07 at 11:09 pm

Tom was great as the Lanlord on 'Mork and Mindy' and as Russell's father on 'Grace Under Fire', but to me, he will always be the slightly dimwitted handyman George on 'Newhart'.  That episode where he and Dick go fishing still makes me laugh

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/07 at 4:21 pm

When I first moved to Vermont, everyone asked me if I met Larry, Darrel, & Darrel. I said no but I met George Utley. The first house I lived in here in the Green Mountain State, I had this handyman who reminded me so much of George. His name was not George but that is what I called him.  ;D ;D (BTW, he was actually from New Hampshire.)

I was sad to hear of Tom's passing.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/07/07 at 4:47 pm

85...he lived a good long life. RIP Tom. :\'(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/07/07 at 5:04 pm

I always liked Tom Poston.  How sad that he's passed away.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/08/07 at 6:02 am

With the passing a few years ago of Mary Frann and now Tom Poston, they should hurry up now to plan a Newhart reunion show before it is too late.

Written By: whistledog on 05/08/07 at 9:16 pm

With the passing a few years ago of Mary Frann and now Tom Poston, they should hurry up now to plan a Newhart reunion show before it is too late.

If they ever release Season 1 of Newhart on DVD (which I hope they do soon), there will probably a tribute to Tom and Mary

Check for new replies or respond here...