inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chris Benoit Homicide

Written By: La Roche on 06/25/07 at 10:08 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead

In an industry that see's a lot of deaths, this is by far the most bizarre and stunning I've ever seen.

Benoit is..was.. a legend.. one of the best ever! The current take is that this was a double murder, suicide. I don't know who the murder charge will be pinned against, him or his wife, but considering he canceled numerous shows recently, It saddens me to assume that it will be against him.

Subject: Re: Chris Benoit Homicide

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 10:15 pm

I can't understand why Benoit would have done this.  He seemed to have it all going for him :-\\ :(

I haven't really kept up on wrestling since the 90s, but I enjoyed watching him in the ring

Written By: La Roche on 06/25/07 at 10:16 pm

I can't understand why Benoit would have done this.  He seemed to have it all going for him :-\\ :(

I haven't really kept up on wrestling since the 90s, but I enjoyed watching him in the ring

Unfortunately, It's quite possible he did it.. that being said, it's not known yet for sure if there was a suicide involved or not.

Like him or not, you HAD to respect him, there was a guy who went out and gave 110% every damn night of the week.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/25/07 at 10:54 pm

Wow.  :o

Today I was at Worlds of Fun (the amusement park in K.C.) standing in line for a ride when I overheard some kids talking about how Chris Benoit died but I didn't think much about it at the time. 

That's a real stunner.  :(

Written By: Red Ant on 06/26/07 at 1:25 am

Ditto that comment.

I can see an average Joe snapping, but a guy like him?

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/26/07 at 4:37 am

I simply cannot believe this.....Chris Benoit was one of my all time favorite wrestlers, and to think he could do something this horrible to his own family........it makes me want to barf. Please tell me this isn't true!  :\'(

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/26/07 at 4:50 am

Very shocking news...  :-[

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/07 at 9:29 am

Ditto that comment.

I know!

I simply cannot believe this.....Chris Benoit was one of my all time favorite wrestlers, and to think he could do something this horrible to his own family........it makes me want to barf. Please tell me this isn't true!  :\'(

I hope it isn't.

Of all the people to do something like this.. for it to be Benoit.. I find it very, very hard to believe. If there was ever a more level headed, calm, collected individual.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris on a number of occasions, twice down in Atlanta, once here in St. Louis and again at a show in Manchester in the U.K. On every single occasion he was the epitome of kindness and was always friendly, taking the time to ask questions and show interest.

I'm waiting to see the verdict before I say my piece.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/26/07 at 10:14 am

Does anyone know if he was depressed or something?

Written By: spaceace on 06/26/07 at 11:35 am

Does anyone know if he was depressed or something?

Happy people don't normally take that kind of drastic measure.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/07 at 12:43 pm

Steroids can cause incredible mood swings and dangerous delusions.

Written By: spaceace on 06/26/07 at 12:48 pm

I know.  I can't take them.  A person can't really be responsible for their actions on steroids.  There's a form of anger that evolves that can only be dealt with through physical means.  This is why some people take them, however the effects can be deadly as we see.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/07 at 1:48 pm

I know.  I can't take them.  A person can't really be responsible for their actions on steroids.  There's a form of anger that evolves that can only be dealt with through physical means.  This is why some people take them, however the effects can be deadly as we see.

People on roids are just as responsible as people who drink and drive.  Anyone living with someone who uses roids, and have children in close proximity should take particular note.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/26/07 at 1:51 pm

Happy people don't normally take that kind of drastic measure.

Well, I know that. However, not everyone that's committed suicide was necessarily depressed.

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/26/07 at 2:00 pm

I heard he performed a suplex on them.    :o

Written By: spaceace on 06/26/07 at 2:55 pm

Well, I know that. However, not everyone that's committed suicide was necessarily depressed.

Well, yes, and no.  But you're right though it can get complicated.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/07 at 4:24 pm

Benoit wasn't a steroid user.

I mean, you can tell, I'm sure the media will claim that he was a major steroid user, but unlike most pro-sports, Wrestling really cleaned up it's act, all the big companies have instituted no-tolerance policies which are clear to see, numerous workers have got visibly smaller, I mean, you can see who was juicing.

Written By: KKay on 06/26/07 at 5:44 pm

i heard this and thought you might start a thread.  he committed an outrageous act...do you think the 3 hour tribute that was on the other night was glorifying that?  or was it warranted?

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/07 at 5:49 pm

i heard this and thought you might start a thread.  he committed an outrageous act...do you think the 3 hour tribute that was on the other night was glorifying that?  or was it warranted?

Hard to say. On the one hand, the facts weren't in.. on the other hand, would it have been prudent to wait.

I'm treating this as two different individuals. On the one hand, I'm disgusted with any individual who takes it upon themselves to murder their wife and child no matter what their state of mind was - That individual has my contempt.

The other individual is the Chris Benoit that I watched wrestling from Japan at 3 in the morning, at ECW as one of the originals in the Bingo Hall in Philadelphia, throughout his reigns as a world heavyweight champion and more. A man who entertained me and millions of others, a guy who made my fu*kin day when he shook my hand and asked what my name was. That's the guy I'm going to miss to an enormous extent, a true legend, a hardcore f**kin icon.. a real champion.

By the way, my point earlier about him not abusing steroids.. I am aware he had prescription steroids, I was referring to actual steroid abuse, a prescription (although dubious) suggests just cause for possession of them.

Written By: KKay on 06/26/07 at 5:56 pm

^these are the opinions i have been hearing about him. lots of people admiring and detesting him...
it's sad nonetheless.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/07 at 6:52 pm

Precisely.  My money says 'rhoid rage.

What kind of Chuck who has a wife and kids risks all of that by taking 'rhoids?  >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/07 at 6:56 pm

Anybody who does such a heinous act, for whatever reason, is unworthy of tribute.  Putting him in a normal grave is a waste of real estate.  Killed his kid, and then his wife over the course of the weekend?  No excuse, no alibi, no slack. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/26/07 at 7:50 pm

I think they did that before they knew the details. Otherwise, I don't think they would've given that piece of sheesh the time or energy afterwards.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/07 at 9:26 pm

Benoit wasn't a steroid user.

I mean, you can tell, I'm sure the media will claim that he was a major steroid user, but unlike most pro-sports, Wrestling really cleaned up it's act, all the big companies have instituted no-tolerance policies which are clear to see, numerous workers have got visibly smaller, I mean, you can see who was juicing.

Take a closer look

http://wwm.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/Benoit.jpg

www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4922903.html

National news

June 26, 2007, 7:27PM
Benoit strangled wife, smothered son

By GREG BLUESTEIN Associated Press Writer
© 2007 The Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. — Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley, authorities said Tuesday.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscle man nicknamed "The Canadian Crippler" was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/07 at 9:31 pm

Precisely.  My money says 'rhoid rage.

What kind of Chuck who has a wife and kids risks all of that by taking 'rhoids?  >:(

Uh, that would be 'roid rage.
'rhoid rage is what you get when you run out of Prep-H!
;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/07 at 9:35 pm

Man murders family, kills himself.  That's tragic no matter what...celebrity or Joe Shmo. 

It's not always apparent who is going to snap.  He might have been doing his best to control his inner demons, but they finally got the better of him.  Who knows.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/07 at 9:59 pm

Man murders family, kills himself.  That's tragic no matter what...celebrity or Joe Shmo. 

It's not always apparent who is going to snap.  He might have been doing his best to control his inner demons, but they finally got the better of him.  Who knows.

Which is all I can imagine.

I'd like to think I'm at least a decent judge of character and he was a shining light.

I hope so much that it was the drugs that caused this and that he wasn't.. himself.. as it were.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 06/26/07 at 10:42 pm

Ditto that comment.

U know,  im not a fan of wrestling, I did watch it as a kid and Im not slamming it but, He is no different than the " Average Joe"... Wait. He is..... STEROIDS!
May they all R.I.P.

That poor lil boy :\'(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/27/07 at 2:15 am

;)

Unfortunately I get that more often than I'd like.

That's nice to know about me, isn't it?  :P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/27/07 at 5:01 am

I never met Chris Benoit, but I have known a few pro wrestlers in my lifetime.

I can say this- usually the characters they portray while in the biz are NOTHING like the real person outside the ring.

Example- Adnan alKaissy wasconsidered a "heel", and a phenomenal one, at that. However, I have spoken with him at length, and read the copy of his book that he sent to me.
He is nothing like the nefarious, glaring-eyed bull he once played, as "General Adnan".

Another example- Owen Hart. I once met him at a wrestling event, when he was "The Blue Blazer".
He not only high-5'ed me going to & from the ring, he also spoke with me briefly after. Mainly about how to get into the biz. He was a very kind-hearted individual, nothing like the jackass he played before he died.

On the other side of it- Randy Savage. I met him on a few occasions, and he is every bit as hyper, chaotic and raspy as he seems.

Benoit was a great showman, by way of his athletic prowess.
Until the results are declared official, I shall not judge the man, but grieve for the loss of his wife and child.

I did this when Mike "Hawk" Hegstrand died, also. However, his death touched me more personally, as did Andre the Giant.

Written By: limblifter on 06/27/07 at 7:57 am

He was an athlete in who was in a "sport" that was extremely physically demanding. The fact that he had steroids in his house is not a surprise at all. Athletes use them all of the time for injuries, and wrestling is known for causing a large amount of injuries. By all accounts, friends and co-workers don't paint Benoits personallity as the typical steroid abuser.

By the way they are describing the crime scene, this doesn't appear to be a case of roid rage at all. He was obviously having a very hard time emotionally. Nobody knows, and will probably never know just what was going through his mind at the time, but I will guess that he wasn't killing his family just because he was an arsehole.

Written By: La Roche on 06/27/07 at 10:18 am

He was an athlete in who was in a "sport" that was extremely physically demanding. The fact that he had steroids in his house is not a surprise at all. Athletes use them all of the time for injuries, and wrestling is known for causing a large amount of injuries. By all accounts, friends and co-workers don't paint Benoits personallity as the typical steroid abuser.

By the way they are describing the crime scene, this doesn't appear to be a case of roid rage at all. He was obviously having a very hard time emotionally. Nobody knows, and will probably never know just what was going through his mind at the time, but I will guess that he wasn't killing his family just because he was an arsehole.

Exactly.

Benoit was a ripped muscular guy, he was also 5'10 and about 200lbs, not exactly leviathan like stature.

People seem to always associate steroids with abuse, not really.. I've used steroids before, I had to when I tore my knee in half and when I messed up my shoulder, interestingly, both injuries Benoit suffered from.

Written By: karen on 06/27/07 at 10:19 am

How do you pronounce his last name?

Written By: La Roche on 06/27/07 at 10:19 am

Ben - Wah.

He was Canadian eh.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/27/07 at 7:12 pm

Ok so I don't watch wrestling so I don't know anything about this guy.  But I found out about this story from a few bulletins my brother posted in myspace. 
My brother has started a petition against WWE and USA network for airing the 3-hour tribute to Chris Benoit, despite the fact that he is a suspect for murder.  Now, I read some of the posts on this thread and it sounds like a lot of people here admired this guy.  Still, I see no reason to worship a man who is highly suspected of murdering his own child. If you are as disgusted by this as I am, please follow the link below to sign the petition.  And please pass it on to others who will want to advocate against harming children.

http://www.petitiononline.com/USAnoWWE/petition.html

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/07 at 8:07 pm

Ben-wah.  Like in ben-wa balls.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/07 at 8:10 pm

Uh, that would be 'roid rage.
;)

Oh yeah, you're right there Max.

Although I imagine either condition would generate quite a bit of hostility.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/07 at 8:15 pm

His doctor said that he was prescribed roids to treat an abnormally low testosterone level.  The doctor also felt that the low levels were due to prior roid abuse.  Of course that is his opinion and not known as fact.

Killed his family... Bound and gagged and Strangled the wife and likely put the 7-year-old retarded child in a choke hold according to the cops... by definition that makes him an arsehole.

Written By: Angry on 06/27/07 at 8:18 pm

Ok so I don't watch wrestling so I don't know anything about this guy.  But I found out about this story from a few bulletins my brother posted in myspace. 
My brother has started a petition against WWE and USA network for airing the 3-hour tribute to Chris Benoit, despite the fact that he is a suspect for murder.  Now, I read some of the posts on this thread and it sounds like a lot of people here admired this guy.  Still, I see no reason to worship a man who is highly suspected of murdering his own child. If you are as disgusted by this as I am, please follow the link below to sign the petition.  And please pass it on to others who will want to advocate against harming children.

Well you're brother is a major idiot who probably doesn't watch wrestling either.  Nothing gets under my skin more than these people whining about the 3 Hour Tribute.  Let me (A long time wrestling fan) break this down for you.

The USA Network had granted the WWE a 3 hour timeslot (about 2 weeks ago) this past monday because in the fake storyline, Vince McMahon was supposed to be dead, and they wanted a 3 hour show dedicated to his memory.  So they spent alot of time scripting the 3 hour broadcast, and then suddenly just 3 hours before RAW was to go on LIVE, they find out that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead.  So now they had to scrap all the plans they originally had for this 3 hour broadcast and had a couple of hours to decide what the hell they were going to do.  They didn't have enough time to write a completely new show with matches and everything (Because they have to choreograph all the matches, and that takes hours) so they decided to not let any of the fans come into the arena and ask them to go back home and they would get a refund so that they could just run a little tribute for the guy by showing some of his old matches.

The WWE always puts on Tribute Shows for Wrestler's who happen to die while being on the active roster (For Owen Hart and Eddie Guererro for instance, but the both of them died plenty of hours before RAW would go on live, so they atleast had enough time to construct a complete show together with matches and everything)

No one, and I mean NO ONE would have thought to themself that it was even remotely possible that Benoit had murdered his family. That would have crossed no one's mind at the time they went on Live.  The WWE fans at the time loved the idea of giving the guy a tribute show by showing his past matches and I don't recall ANYONE whining about how they should "wait" until the details came out.  It's easy to sit here and say that NOW after the fact, but at the time, it was a no brainer to do a tribute show to this celebrated wrestler and his family who had just died.

So you can take your little petitions and throw them out the door because you and your brother are being very unfair.

I hate all of you people who know nothing about wrestling and pass judgment so quickly on things.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/27/07 at 9:53 pm

Well you're brother is a major idiot who probably doesn't watch wrestling either.  Nothing gets under my skin more than these people whining about the 3 Hour Tribute.  Let me (A long time wrestling fan) break this down for you.

The USA Network had granted the WWE a 3 hour timeslot (about 2 weeks ago) this past monday because in the fake storyline, Vince McMahon was supposed to be dead, and they wanted a 3 hour show dedicated to his memory.  So they spent alot of time scripting the 3 hour broadcast, and then suddenly just 3 hours before RAW was to go on LIVE, they find out that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead.  So now they had to scrap all the plans they originally had for this 3 hour broadcast and had a couple of hours to decide what the hell they were going to do.  They didn't have enough time to write a completely new show with matches and everything (Because they have to choreograph all the matches, and that takes hours) so they decided to not let any of the fans come into the arena and ask them to go back home and they would get a refund so that they could just run a little tribute for the guy by showing some of his old matches.

The WWE always puts on Tribute Shows for Wrestler's who happen to die while being on the active roster (For Owen Hart and Eddie Guererro for instance, but the both of them died plenty of hours before RAW would go on live, so they atleast had enough time to construct a complete show together with matches and everything)

No one, and I mean NO ONE would have thought to themself that it was even remotely possible that Benoit had murdered his family. That would have crossed no one's mind at the time they went on Live.  The WWE fans at the time loved the idea of giving the guy a tribute show by showing his past matches and I don't recall ANYONE whining about how they should "wait" until the details came out.  It's easy to sit here and say that NOW after the fact, but at the time, it was a no brainer to do a tribute show to this celebrated wrestler and his family who had just died.

So you can take your little petitions and throw them out the door because you and your brother are being very unfair.

I hate all of you people who know nothing about wrestling and pass judgment so quickly on things.

As a matter of fact, my brother has been a wrestling fan.  And I found out more about this matter:

WWE knew it was being investigated as a murder/suicide and likely had details of the method of death (they were asked not to reveal to media until offical statements were made).

WWE capitalized on the shock of Benoit's death right before the murder investigation was made public because (1) they knew saddened/shocked fans would tune in and (2) they could easily deny knowledge of it later, even though WWE was among the first to learn of the murder investigation. If WWE was an honest organization, they would have waited to see if Benoit was cleared instead of cashing in on that window of opportunity.

WWE continues to pump out articles trying to get people to sympathize with Benoit, saying the "pressure" of raising a a child with a disaility drove him to killing and even suggested that perhaps in his mind the best way to take care of his son was to "take him into the next world." Bullsh*t!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/27/07 at 10:17 pm

Both QueenAmenRa and Angry have valid points:

On the one hand, the murder of a child is repulsive, no matter how it comes about. Just because a person is a celebrity, that doesn't put them "above Man's laws". As for the crack about raising a disabled child being hard- you bet it is. How do I know? I was a disabled child myself, who is now a disabled adult.
My mother had it tough raising myself and my 2 siblings, who were "normal", in the conventional sense.
Raising a disbled child in any sense is difficult.

I'm sure that Mom could've killed me and made it easier in the "PC" sense, but she knew better than to discard me, just because I wasn't "perfect". She did the right thing and raised me, and despite my disability, I think I came out OK. I am now raising my own child, and I know that my mother's example is what I'm trying to follow, with my own touches, of course.

On the other hand, someone who is considered a "legend" in their chosen profession should be allowed a tribute for their achievements. Whether it's sports, music, comedy, zoology......everyone deserves a tribute, if they've made an impact, no pun intended.
Even serial killers have a tribute of sorts. They're called "profile catalogues". (Why else would there be trading cards of them?)

Petitions do work. Look at Pete Rose. He'll NEVER be honored in the Baseball HOF, because of what he did. Tom Smith, the trainer for Seabiscuit, wasn't honored until 40 yrs. after his death, and he was considered, arguably, the best horse trainer of them all. He never did anything illegal or unsportsmanlike, but he hated the press, and would do things to throw the media off. He was just protecting his client's interests.

One last note- name-calling and puerile insults never amount to more than cheesing other people off.
If that's the aim here, then this thread should be locked. These threads are meant for discussion, not bag-bombing someone. People have the right to feel how they do. That does NOT give them the right to invalidate others' feelings and beliefs.

Let's keep this lees hostile, please.

P.S. Angry- please note that I do know what I'm talking about. I have studied pro wrestling/sports entertainment for a long time. Not only do I have wrestling acquaintances, but I was also looking at becoming one, myself. My ankles prevent that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/07 at 10:18 pm

OK, I'm the only other person around here who's gonna admit that's the first thing he thought of....
Uh-huh-huh-huh!

....Oh, wait a minute, didn't this guy kill his family and hang himself?  Guess that puts a damper on the butt jokes!
:-\\

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/27/07 at 10:57 pm

Both QueenAmenRa and Angry have valid points:

On the one hand, the murder of a child is repulsive, no matter how it comes about. Just because a person is a celebrity, that doesn't put them "above Man's laws". As for the crack about raising a disabled child being hard- you bet it is. How do I know? I was a disabled child myself, who is now a disabled adult.
My mother had it tough raising myself and my 2 siblings, who were "normal", in the conventional sense.
Raising a disbled child in any sense is difficult.

I'm sure that Mom could've killed me and made it easier in the "PC" sense, but she knew better than to discard me, just because I wasn't "perfect". She did the right thing and raised me, and despite my disability, I think I came out OK. I am now raising my own child, and I know that my mother's example is what I'm trying to follow, with my own touches, of course.

Let me clear something up:

When I said "Bullsh*t"  I was talking about the claim that the best thing was to "take the child into the next world." 
Now I know that raising a child with a disability has got to be tough.  I am about to start teaching as a special educator for high schoolers with very severe-profound disabilities.  I've had a lot of experience working with people with disabilities and though I've enjoyed the challenges it brings, I would not want to trade places with the parents.  I know it's gotta be tough and I tip my hat to the parents who have stuck through it and raised their disabled children the right way.  Your mom did the right thing.
However, I am totally disgusted by parents who try to take the "easy way out."  I had the unfortunate experience of taking care of an autistic child whose parents were putting him through serious neglect, intellectual, and emotional abuse  while hiding under the disguise that they were trying to do what's best for him.  When they really just wanted him out of their hands. 
Anyway as to Benoit's case, if he did murder his own child and that really is the reason for it, then I think he is a coward for doing so.  I don't care how hard raising his child was, it is never "better" to take his life.

Btw, I hope I didn't come off as being rude and name-calling.  Just trying to argue my opinion

Written By: kellygoo72 on 06/28/07 at 1:20 am

Like I said before, although not a fan and Im not ganging up on wrestling, < man, relax folks.. its entertainment!>  all I think is that it is really sad but, no matter what his troubles were, to give a 3 HR tribute to a man who took a life of a CHILD, is just in poor taste... How bout have the dang wrestling crap on, at the end, show clips and his name and dob and dod... Save the cash they spent and send up a fund for the victims of this man and maybe the dang Congress or whatever should quit looking into football and baseball and clean wrestling up FOR the WRESTLErs so more tragedies can be prevented.

Written By: karen on 06/28/07 at 3:36 am

That's what I figured  :D

For a while my lab was working for someone who's first name was Benoit and another colleague totally refused to believe that anyone could have that as a name.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/28/07 at 5:27 am

Let me clear something up:

When I said "Bullsh*t"  I was talking about the claim that the best thing was to "take the child into the next world." 
Now I know that raising a child with a disability has got to be tough.  I am about to start teaching as a special educator for high schoolers with very severe-profound disabilities.  I've had a lot of experience working with people with disabilities and though I've enjoyed the challenges it brings, I would not want to trade places with the parents.  I know it's gotta be tough and I tip my hat to the parents who have stuck through it and raised their disabled children the right way.  Your mom did the right thing.
However, I am totally disgusted by parents who try to take the "easy way out."  I had the unfortunate experience of taking care of an autistic child whose parents were putting him through serious neglect, intellectual, and emotional abuse  while hiding under the disguise that they were trying to do what's best for him.  When they really just wanted him out of their hands. 
Anyway as to Benoit's case, if he did murder his own child and that really is the reason for it, then I think he is a coward for doing so.  I don't care how hard raising his child was, it is never "better" to take his life.

Btw, I hope I didn't come off as being rude and name-calling.  Just trying to argue my opinion

Actually, Queen, the name-calling comment was aimed more at our guest.
I hold nothing against you- I know you were stating your opinion. That's fine.

I, too, have seen severely challenged children and adults go through the same types of systematic abuse.
Whether by other children, adults, parents or the Government, it's all tragic.
I also agree on the cowardice, provided it's proven that Chris did the killing, and it not being disguised to LOOK like he did. This is the sort of thing that makes "headline news" the way it is.

I hope our guest also understands that I am not taking potshots, here- just helping to keep the peace.
If they feel that is the case, then perhaps they should speak to me personally. I am happy to explain.

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 5:34 am

its sad that Benoit did it. i used to respect him so much, i watched him in wrestling for years. but you never know what is goin on with people under the surface. famous people can go nuts like anyone else. damn that poor kid. can you imagine what went through that child's mind as his own dad choked him to death?  : /

Written By: limblifter on 06/28/07 at 7:38 am

Killed his family... Bound and gagged and Strangled the wife and likely put the 7-year-old retarded child in a choke hold according to the cops... by definition that makes him an arsehole.

Or mentally ill. Do you know what was going on in his head when he did all of this? Didn't think so.

I really wish people in the media would stop playing armchair psychiatrist.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 11:06 am

If your brother actually paid attention, he'd know that as soon as the full circumstances of the situation became known to the wider media, that Vince McMahon personally revoked the tribute and washed his hands of the situation.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 11:22 am

Understand - It's actually quite difficult to sit and try and put any sort of positive notion in my own head about a man who killed his family. Under normal circumstances I am the first to point fingers and deride said individual.

So, when the no-nothings want to come out and immediately jump on the blame Vince bandwagon, it dosen't surprise me. After all, everything is Vince's fault, didn't you know that? When kids imitate their wrestling heroes and hurt each other, it's Vince's fault. When kid's learn to swear because Steve Austin does, it's Vince's fault.. You really didn't know this? When high school and college athletes abuse steroids.. oh, you bet your ass it's Vince's fault. So now, now it's really gonna suck to be Vince, because everytime somebody murders someone else, you guessed it, it'll be Vince's fault, because obviously, Vince McMahon condones murder.

I mean, by airing a tribute to a man he's known personally for a decade and has helped him earn many hundreds of millions of dollars.. by airing a tribute to a guy who Vince believed in so much so as to have him run with the World Heavyweight Title.. by doing that, Vince is condoning murder, even though the media said nothing about murder-suicide until around midnight EST (after the end of Raw).

See, here's the thing. Kids hurt themselves because they're dumb kids.. kids cuss because they're watching a show that's aired after the water-shed. Young athletes use steroids because huge pressure is put upon them to succeed and people murder each other because there's something wrong inside their heads that prevents them from understanding that what they're doing is wrong on so many levels.

To the parents who love to blame Vince for everything that's wrong with their children - Start parenting, if you don't like your kids cussing and fighting then don't let them watch a show that's designed for a mature audience and is on late in the evening.

To the do-gooders who blame Vince for steroids in High schools and colleges - Yo.. you 'tards, there have been steroids in sports long before Vince McMahon came on to the scene.. and if you didn't place so much pressure on young High School Senior Tom here to excel beyond his DAD's wildest dreams he probably wouldn't feel the need to destroy his body for short term gains.

..And finally, to those who'd like to claim Vince has condoned Murder - You seem to have no understand of compassion.. or loyalty or respect.. so I've got just two words for you - SUCK IT!

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 3:40 pm

i agree.^ vince mcmahon is made out to be satan himself at at times and i don't agree with it. has he done crappy things? yes, the Bret Hart situation for example. but he isn't the heartless monster hes made out to be imo

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 4:16 pm

i agree.^ vince mcmahon is made out to be satan himself at at times and i don't agree with it. has he done crappy things? yes, the Bret Hart situation for example. but he isn't the heartless monster hes made out to be imo

Clearly he isn't.

Do I agree with every decision he's ever made, of course not. Do I think he cares about the people he works for? Of course.

Remember a few years ago when Angle was in the main event at Wrestlemania with the crushed disc in his neck, McMahon didn't want him to go out. Angle insisted.

When Austin hurt his neck, McMahon ensured that Austin didn't have to do anything for almost a year and a half, same with Benoit and his neck.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/28/07 at 5:51 pm

Clearly he isn't.

Do I agree with every decision he's ever made, of course not. Do I think he cares about the people he works for? Of course.

Remember a few years ago when Angle was in the main event at Wrestlemania with the crushed disc in his neck, McMahon didn't want him to go out. Angle insisted.

When Austin hurt his neck, McMahon ensured that Austin didn't have to do anything for almost a year and a half, same with Benoit and his neck.

I saw Vice's statement after the truth about benoit came out.  I have to give Vince credit for how he treated things at that point.  Decent job.

Now... that said... the greatest wrestler to ever grace the mats, Bruno Sammartino would not give you a pint of cat pee for either Vince or his old man.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/28/07 at 6:29 pm

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home...

Read this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

Now how could this be?

Now, when I told my friend what happened, he said that that didn't sound right. Steroids will make you do strange things but to strangle your own child, thats another matter...almost jokingly he said "sounds like some sort of botched hit to me..."

Now I starting to wonder what really happened.... ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/28/07 at 6:41 pm

I saw some footage of Benoit today and somehow he seems all out of proportion.  I don't know if the sterhoids have anything to do wit that or not.

I cant put my finger on it but somehow his proportions look odd.  Sterhod effect? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 07/18/07 at 4:07 pm

I cant put my finger on it but somehow his proportions look odd.  Sterhod effect? ???

It has been confirmed.  Benoit was all 'roided out, with a dose of oxy and a bit of xanax.  Yeah he was all out of proportion, it seemed pretty obvious.  He makes Bonds look like a saint.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/07 at 6:36 pm

It sounds premeditated to me (or premedicated)!
::)

I mean the binding and the sedating with Xanax doesn't sound like a burst of 'roid rage in which he would more likely just clobber the two of them to death.  And why did somebody know she was dead before she died (Wikipedia)?

If he hadn't done himself in, Ben-Wa might have faced a 1st degree murder charge...and he'd be outta luck 'cos Johnnie Cochrane's dead too!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/18/07 at 6:43 pm

Yep, 'Rhoids (or 'roids, whichever) were the culprit.  No matter how you spell it, it still comes out to a pain in the butt.

From what I read in the news, the WWE drug testing guidelines are a complete farce, so the negative test results previously touted for Ben-wah are highly questionable.

Written By: newageoutlaw on 12/28/07 at 10:52 pm

Wow.  :o

Today I was at Worlds of Fun (the amusement park in K.C.) standing in line for a ride when I overheard some kids talking about how Chris Benoit died but I didn't think much about it at the time. 

That's a real stunner.  :(I think tasmasker the wrestler did it.

Check for new replies or respond here...