inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Drifters star Bill Pinkney dies at 81

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/07 at 9:53 am

Bill Pinkney, the last surviving member of the original 1953 Drifters line-up, has died at the age of 81.

The rhythm and blues singer was found dead at his hotel in Daytona Beach, Florida, a police spokesman said.

Pinkney, who had suffered health problems, was scheduled to perform with The Original Drifters at the resort as part of the 4th of July celebrations.

His death was announced after the show. The Drifters' hits include I Gotta Get Myself a Woman and Money Honey.

His distinctive bass voice can also be heard on their 1954 cover version of White Christmas, which was used in the film Home Alone.

Read more here.

Subject: Re: Drifters star Bill Pinkney dies at 81

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/07 at 2:46 pm

:\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/05/07 at 10:24 pm

Bill Pinkney, the last surviving member of the original 1953 Drifters line-up, has died at the age of 81.

The rhythm and blues singer was found dead at his hotel in Daytona Beach, Florida, a police spokesman said.

Pinkney, who had suffered health problems, was scheduled to perform with The Original Drifters at the resort as part of the 4th of July celebrations.

I wonder who is going to sing with The Original Drifters now? ???

Written By: statsqueen on 07/06/07 at 8:18 am

They were so good...he will be missed.

RIP    :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...