inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Following your "stars"

Written By: KKay on 08/26/07 at 7:15 am

Have you ever succumbed to your love of a certain celebrity or show or movie and chosen to dress in their style, adopt a trait or otherwise emualte that person?

I have to admit to some pretty superficial and silly things that I had copied...

it's not surprising that I spent hours finally getting my Belinda Carlisle hair right in the 80s...
but ...

I have a black sweatshirt that i've had for about 15 years.  I got it after watching Jaws (my all-time favorite movie) and seeing how great it was on Roy Scheider on the beach.  I still wear it. The older it gets , the better it gets and I always think of him.

I'm sure I have more examples in the vault somewhere...
anyone else give in to such a silly styling?

Subject: Re: Following your "stars"

Written By: holicman on 08/27/07 at 9:03 am

When I was 5 I was infactuated by Snooker.

I used to watch it any chance I got.

Back then, one of the stars of the sport was a welshman named Ray Reardon, and he used to have the dracula style haircut with the triangle of hair down his forehead.

I used to spend hours in the bathroom trying to get my hair exactly like his.....but usually to no avail.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/27/07 at 9:13 am

I remember when I was about 12 or 13, I had this friend in my neighborhood...he was a few years younger than me. Anyway, in the summer we would watch the movie Grease, every single day. We could recite the entire movie! Then, we would dress up as Danny and Sandy and go around and sing and just act goofy. ;D :D

Written By: KKay on 08/27/07 at 4:30 pm

I love it!
I'm glad some people will admist these things... ;D

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/02/07 at 4:03 pm

i started buttoning the top button on my shirts like morrissey for a while, but i felt too pretentious  :-http://www.spectacle.provocateuse.com/images/spectacles/ewan_mcgregor_03.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...