inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Miyoshi Umeki

Written By: Marian on 09/05/07 at 1:23 pm

For some reason her death didn't get any media attention,but the oscar winning actress and singer died late August at the age of 67.Also starred in "the Courtship of Eddie's father".

Subject: Re: Miyoshi Umeki

Written By: danootaandme on 09/05/07 at 6:51 pm

I loved Miyoshi Umeki.  I remember being her in quite a few movies.  It is sad when someone so endearing dies unnoticed.  RIP Miyoshi  :\'(

Written By: Marian on 09/06/07 at 11:30 am

Also was Mrs livingston on the Courtship of Eddie's father

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/07 at 12:29 pm

Not only do I remember her saying, "Mr. Eddie's Father", I also remember from Flower Drum Song (I have a copy of it in my library). She was truly a wonderful actress who was the first Asian to win an Oscar and was also nominated for Golden Globes and a Tony. It is a shame that she was not recognized for her talent.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 09/07/07 at 2:02 pm

Not only do I remember her saying, "Mr. Eddie's Father", I also remember from Flower Drum Song (I have a copy of it in my library). She was truly a wonderful actress who was the first Asian to win an Oscar and was also nominated for Golden Globes and a Tony. It is a shame that she was not recognized for her talent.

Cat
she was also a singer,hence the mention on Oldies Music Bulletin Board.

Check for new replies or respond here...