inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Father of Osmonds performers dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/07 at 5:09 am

George Osmond, father of singing siblings The Osmonds, has died aged 90.

He was an early manager of the group and helped launch the careers of six of his eight sons, including Donny and his daughter, Marie.

Osmond died of natural causes at home in Provo, Utah, family spokesman Kevin Sasaki said.

Marie cancelled an appearance on US TV show Dancing With The Stars to fly to Utah with brother Donny to be with their family.

Wyoming-born George Osmond kicked off the family entertainment business by teaching barbershop-quartet harmonies to sons Alan, Wayne, Merrill and Jay, who began singing together at church functions and events in Utah.

Full BBC News Online

Subject: Re: Father of Osmonds performers dies

Written By: nally on 11/07/07 at 2:17 pm

Wow.

How many kids did he have altogether? Nine? :o

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/07/07 at 2:22 pm

Ninety is a pretty ripe age!

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/07/07 at 9:22 pm

George Osmond, father of singing siblings The Osmonds, has died aged 90.

He was an early manager of the group and helped launch the careers of six of his eight sons, including Donny and his daughter, Marie.

Osmond died of natural causes at home in Provo, Utah, family spokesman Kevin Sasaki said.

Marie cancelled an appearance on US TV show Dancing With The Stars to fly to Utah with brother Donny to be with their family.

Wyoming-born George Osmond kicked off the family entertainment business by teaching barbershop-quartet harmonies to sons Alan, Wayne, Merrill and Jay, who began singing together at church functions and events in Utah.

Full BBC News Online

Does Romney like the Osmonds?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/07 at 10:02 pm

Wow.

How many kids did he have altogether? Nine? :o

hahaa...my husband is one of nine kids...go figure.

Written By: nally on 11/07/07 at 10:04 pm

hahaa...my husband is one of nine kids...go figure.

My great-grandma (that is, my mom's mom's mom) was the second of ten kids...only two of which are still alive now.

Check for new replies or respond here...