inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Martha Kostyra Passes Away...

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/07 at 8:23 pm

Martha Kostyra, mother of domestic doyenne Martha Stewart, passed away today.  She was 93 years old.  :(

RIP Martha...

Subject: Re: Martha Kostyra Passes Away...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/18/07 at 3:13 am

bless her, 93 is a good long life.  i'm wondering, was Martha was named after her mother?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/07 at 7:16 am

bless her, 93 is a good long life.  i'm wondering, was Martha was named after her mother?

Hard to tell.  None of the news obits mention Martha's mother's first name.  Since Martha Kostyra was called "Big Martha" my guess is that her mom's name was not Martha.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/18/07 at 9:26 am

Marthas mother Martha died, so it does appear she was named after her mother.  It is unusual but happens, I am named after my mother.

Written By: Marian on 11/18/07 at 3:18 pm

Marthas mother Martha died, so it does appear she was named after her mother.  It is unusual but happens, I am named after my mother.
I thought her real name was actually Marta,but went by Martha in America.My great grandmother's first name was Bronislawa,but used bertha in America.My great grandfather was jan,aka John.My grandmother's birth name is Agnieszka Bronislawa,but uses Agnes Bertha.her older sister was known as irene--I'm guessing it was origianlly Irina.

Check for new replies or respond here...