inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CourtTV on its Death Bed

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/30/07 at 8:06 pm

CourtTV, known for its round-the-clock coverage of the OJ Simpson trial, is being discontinued.  Effective January 1st it will be replaced with truTV.

RIP CourtTV, we will miss you...  :(

Subject: Re: CourtTV on its Death Bed

Written By: Davester on 12/30/07 at 8:33 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  Is TruTV a completely different format?  Like no crime docs, trial play-by-plays and stuff..?

Written By: tv on 12/30/07 at 8:34 pm

CourtTV, known for its round-the-clock coverage of the OJ Simpson trial, is being discontinued.  Effective January 1st it will be replaced with truTV.
RIP CourtTV, we will miss you...  :(
I hope "TruTV" is not some kind of papparazi show or has something to do with reality shows or something like that.

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/31/07 at 12:47 am

I hope "TruTV" is not some kind of papparazi show or has something to do with reality shows or something like that.
I regret to inform you, tv, that TruTV is exactly what you think, and just what we need. ::)
A 24-hour reality TV network. Does anyone but me remember when "reality television" was a contradiction in terms?
OTOH, maybe some crap like Survivor will get shifted over there and the networks will finally give us some decent shows again. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/a_smil08.gif

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/07 at 7:13 am

I regret to inform you, tv, that TruTV is exactly what you think, and just what we need. ::)
A 24-hour reality TV network. Does anyone but me remember when "reality television" was a contradiction in terms?
OTOH, maybe some crap like Survivor will get shifted over there and the networks will finally give us some decent shows again. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/a_smil08.gif

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

gross... I hope this doesn't mean the end of the Smoking Gun website, which I believe they ran. 

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/31/07 at 2:36 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

It's not reality, it's actuallity.

Written By: statsqueen on 01/02/08 at 9:07 pm

I'm going to miss the REAL legal stuff they covered....the legitimate cases, the shows that you can actually learn something from.....sad commentary on our culture.  And they can call it "actuality" if they want, but I see it as just another example of how this country is continuing its "dumbing down" trend.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just trying to figure out the logic behind the switch.

Check for new replies or respond here...