inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hamburger mogul Carl Karcher dies....

Written By: saver on 01/11/08 at 10:06 pm

Have a burger in his honor......He was the founder of Carl's Jr. in Calif. which may have had a connection to Hardee's(same logo)..not sure how that worked-did he have a hand in Hardee's too?

Subject: Re: Hamburger mogul Carl Karcher dies....

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/13/08 at 8:31 pm

"Enjoy your extra big-ass fries!"
"*bleep* you, I'm eating!"
  - A Carls Jr. vending machine from the future, in Idiocracy

I had a Six Dollar Burger(tm) when I heard the news.  They were arguably the first fast-food chain who marketed themselves on being unabashedly proud of what they were making.  Gotta give them credit for that.  It's what fast food's all about: high on calories, fat, and flavor.  It ain't healthy?  Fine.  Don't eat it every day.  But when you do eat that hamburger, eat the hell out of it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/08 at 1:06 am

"Enjoy your extra big-ass fries!"
"*bleep* you, I'm eating!"
  - A Carls Jr. vending machine from the future, in Idiocracy

I had a Six Dollar Burger(tm) when I heard the news.  They were arguably the first fast-food chain who marketed themselves on being unabashedly proud of what they were making.   Gotta give them credit for that.  It's what fast food's all about: high on calories, fat, and flavor.  It ain't healthy?  Fine.  Don't eat it every day.  But when you do eat that hamburger, eat the hell out of it.

That honor goes to FATBURGER.  I thought it was a joke until I actually saw the place!

Written By: nally on 01/14/08 at 1:40 pm

So it was right here in California where he started his Carls Jr. franchise? Wow...that's amazing (for lack of a better word). He may have just passed on, but his legacy will live on for a long time.

Check for new replies or respond here...