inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Actor Brad Renfo dead at 25

Written By: SemperYoda on 01/15/08 at 10:12 pm

Kind of sad.  He was a promising actor but drugs and alcohol got in the way.  He starred in "The Client" when he was 12.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/15/renfro.obit.ap/index.html

Subject: Re: Actor Brad Renfo dead at 25

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/08 at 11:21 pm

WTF!!! :o

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/08 at 11:23 pm

Now this is shocking :o

I liked him in 'The Client' and 'Apt Pupil'

Written By: saver on 01/16/08 at 1:28 am

Kind of sad.  He was a promising actor but drugs and alcohol got in the way.  He starred in "The Client" when he was 12.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/15/renfro.obit.ap/index.html

My comments already made on post of Edward Furlong...in thread on this subject.
Reports are not relating it to any foul play, so we can't be for certain 'drugs' were involved...if he took meds after the night of drinking he went through, maybe it's what happened...autopsy soon...may tell....just who were the friends he was drinking with as well...not that they contributed..or did they? Remember Anna Nicole.... ???

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/16/08 at 2:05 am

This is saddening, and a bit prophetic for someone like Britney Spears. I always followed his career closely because he was the same age as I, and I happened to see him in "The Client" the year it came out and found him impressive. I also saw him in "Apt Pupil" and "Ghostworld," and wasn't he in "The Adventures of Tom and Huck?"

Maybe this will be a good lesson to "Young" Hollywood.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/08 at 2:31 am

I am in shock to read this, so sad.

Written By: ninny on 01/16/08 at 5:44 am

Such a tragedy,he started out with such a promising career,only to go under the clutches of drugs :\'(

Written By: KKay on 01/16/08 at 7:03 am

Holy sheeesh!
No kidding. Wow.  hate when that happens.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/08 at 6:53 pm

My comments already made on post of Edward Furlong...

Brad wasn't around furlong!

Sorry... couldn't resist.
:-\\

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/17/08 at 10:03 pm

He shares the same birth year as me. :o

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/18/08 at 7:40 pm

I'm very shocked and sad to hear this news. I thought he was terrific in "The Client". RIP Brad Renfro.  :\'(

Written By: saver on 01/30/08 at 4:40 pm

So far no conclusion to death cause, but stories so far reveal as the funeral is over, he left a survivor- a son(which is how I saw it written)-Y Renfro.

And it was told that a  day before dying he had a tattoo put on his back that read 'F*** All Y'All ...If that is true, I would have to unload on him for most likely being some terribly disturbed guy and to those who worked with him, maybe he was a nice, sweet ,great talent, but those,(personal), actions spoke louder and I will not lose sleep over his demise.

And repeating what authorities in the know of addictions said, 'the friends who were out drinking with him, and not stopping it' are part of his problem and hope they keep it in their minds how they may have been enablers.

US Magazine and TMZ talked of the 'hidden child' he had-unplanned,, .....what a FOOL!   

Written By: McDonald on 02/03/08 at 12:11 pm

I liked him a lot as an actor. I remember he was in a film called 'Bully' that I liked. 'Apt Pupil' was really good too.

I think his death sort of got overshadowed by Ledger's, which is a shame because I think that Renfro was probably the more talented of the two.

Written By: saver on 02/08/08 at 8:48 pm

So far now, they've ruled Brads' death as 'accidental'.... ??? ??? ??? ???...whoops I ACCIDENTALLY TOOK TOO MUCH  LIQUID HEROIN!

bull!

I imagine a separate room in heaven for people who abused their bodies -which include an equal number of actors and musicians.
Then they are sent back for a 'do over' and it's up to them to come back and right their lives over...there's karma for you...

I'm going back to my accidental life!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/08 at 7:02 am

I imagine a separate room in heaven for people who abused their bodies -which include an equal number of actors and musicians.

I imagine there's a special place for successful people like Renfro who do drugs and leave their children without a mother or father too.  >:(

I have a hard time feeling sorry for somebody who does that.

Written By: saver on 04/24/08 at 9:13 pm

Got sentimental today recaling Brad as I had met him in his early 20's, when I viewed a number of RIP Videos on youtube of him..many more than earlier days...

I was taken aback, when I saw a video clip of his LAST interview in which he is sitting on a couch talking how dedicated an actor must be ..but the surprise was: HE WAS BLOATED!!

Iif you were his fan, and remember when Jerry O'Connell was young in STAND BY ME, Brad had this rounded puffy body with a double chin and I would never have recognized him except from his eyebrows!

Life certainly took its toll as I/others mainly recall his sleek swimmers V shaped body in many of the shirtless scenes he had done and may have set himself to be a sex idol to the women..but here he was looking like a characetr  more like SETH ROGAN!

If he had movie offers, I could NOT see them being as strong leading men....

Sorry it turned that way for him...sorry for those who couldn't/didn't help him along the  way either.

Check for new replies or respond here...