inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV presenter Jeremy Beadle dies aged 59

Written By: Stompgal on 01/30/08 at 1:54 pm

Jeremy Beadle, who was known for presenting funny TV programmes such as 'Beadle's About' and 'You've Been Framed' has lost his battle to pneumonia aged just 59. I'm absolutely shocked and saddened by this news because I used to watch him on 'You've Been Framed,' a programme that shows home video howlers (now presented by Harry Hill), between the ages of six and nine.

RIP Jeremy. I will greatly miss you and my thoughts are with your family at this difficult time :\'(.

Subject: Re: TV presenter Jeremy Beadle dies aged 59

Written By: Paul on 01/30/08 at 2:12 pm

At one time he was generally regarded as the most annoying man on British TV, due to his constant exposure and rather glib, if popular, programmes...

Nevertheless, it's a shame to see him go at such an early age...RIP 'Beadlebum'...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/08 at 2:46 pm

Very sad news, I was listening to LBC (JB used to have a regular show on the station) when the news broke. It will be a sombre radio station tonight.

Report and Obit on BBC News Online

Written By: Stompgal on 01/31/08 at 4:12 am

Yes Philip, I saw the news on the BBC News website as well as on Yahoo! I posted a comment about Beadle's death.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 4:14 am

Yes Philip, I saw the news on the BBC News website as well as on Yahoo! I posted a comment about Beadle's death.
Our whole house is sadden with this news, for Game For A Laugh and Beadle's about were  favourites of ours

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 02/01/08 at 7:42 am

ohhh I remember his shows from when I lived there in the late 80s - some kind of Candid Camera joke pulling kind of show ?

Written By: karen on 02/01/08 at 1:28 pm

Well, this is a surprise. 

As Paul said he was regarded as an annoying man but you can't deny those two shows (Game For A Laugh and Beadle's About) pulled in the Saturday night audiences.

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/08 at 10:20 am

Very shocked to hear this news.

He was regarded at one point in the very late 80s/early 90s as public enemy number 1 because of the practical jokes he played on people in 'Beadles About' but, in hindsight, they were all harmless and very corny.

R.I.P Mr Beadle.

Check for new replies or respond here...