inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Missing Adventurer Steve Fossett declared dead

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 6:07 am

Adventurer Fossett declared dead

Missing millionaire adventurer Steve Fossett has been declared legally dead five months after the airplane he was flying disappeared over the Nevada desert.
His wife, Peggy Fossett, had asked Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago to make the declaration. Her petition for a judicial finding of the 63-year-old's death said investigators had concluded that Fossett's airplane was destroyed in a fatal accident.

Judge Jeffrey Malak, of the circuit court, said in his ruling: "I believe the evidence is more than sufficient." Court records said Fossett's estate was "vast" and worth more than eight figures – or multiple millions of dollars.

Subject: Re: Missing Adventurer Steve Fossett declared dead

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/08 at 7:18 am

It is ironic that Steve Fossett, a man who spent much of his spare time and sizeable fortune undertaing activities that invited death and disaster, would die in an otherwise-routine airplane trip.  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 02/17/08 at 7:53 am

I thinkn he staged his own death.  He's off somewhere living large.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 7:54 am

An idea that is in the back of my mind to.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/17/08 at 9:31 am

either that...or alien abduction. ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 9:33 am

either that...or alien abduction. ???
I the Nevada Desert prone for alien abduction?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/17/08 at 9:59 am

ya never know!? :D

Written By: saver on 02/17/08 at 7:40 pm

Any popular 'psychics' jumping in on this one?

They still haven't located Osama....

Interesting how they will help a naive midwestern housewife talk to her dead husband, but when a high-profile event takes place, they won't put their reputation on the line!

If you could outguess MILLION$$ government equipment searching for him, you can charge some good dollars from then out..but no! They are doing it for the small minded little guys with extra lifesavings  $$ to spend ....doesn't this sound wrong to anyone?

Call them on it! ....er.Ms. Brown, ??? you listening?

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/08 at 8:33 pm

Any popular 'psychics' jumping in on this one?

They still haven't located Osama....

Interesting how they will help a naive midwestern housewife talk to her dead husband, but when a high-profile event takes place, they won't put their reputation on the line!

If you could outguess MILLION$$ government equipment searching for him, you can charge some good dollars from then out..but no! They are doing it for the small minded little guys with extra lifesavings  $$ to spend ....doesn't this sound wrong to anyone?

Call them on it! ....er.Ms. Brown, ??? you listening?

Did you get ripped off by a psychic or something? ???

Written By: Dagwood on 02/17/08 at 8:45 pm

Area 51, lots of UFO sightings.

I wouldn't be surprised if he staged it and is living large on a tropical island somewhere just waiting for his wife to join him.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/17/08 at 11:00 pm

Area 51, lots of UFO sightings.

I wouldn't be surprised if he staged it and is living large on a tropical island somewhere just waiting for his wife to join him.

or waiting for someone else possibly? ???

Written By: Dagwood on 02/17/08 at 11:18 pm

Possible.  I was thinking wife because it's likely that if is is declared dead she gets everything.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/17/08 at 11:26 pm

Possible.  I was thinking wife because it's likely that if is is declared dead she gets everything.

ya, that's true.

Written By: saver on 02/17/08 at 11:44 pm

Did you get ripped off by a psychic or something? ???

After hearing them boast how great they are, I gave it a try with one that was recommended by the radio show which aired them and trhey were sooooo off, then I got to confront the 'famous' Sylvia Brown and she was so arrogant stating she knows everything!

So i make it a point to counter the ones that get airtime by spouting my feelings and experiences as a backup to those who constantly ask'Why don't they pick the lottery numbers if they're so great?' I say some get close but I need proof...and warn, don't take them all seriously.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/29/08 at 11:00 am

might be like that guy from up 'ere in Hartlepool who staged his own death as 'missing, presumed drowned while canoeing' he then vanished for several years with his wife and they cashed in the insurance!!

Only major blunder they made was being photographed for a holiday home abroad and then being recognised by one of the distraught family members gutted their dad had apparently 'died' but there he was on this glossy brochure   ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/08 at 6:23 pm

He's having a vodka-and-lime with Amelia Earhart.

:\'(

Written By: saver on 05/29/08 at 7:38 pm

Not sure if he posts it on his sight but a 'remote viewer' claims he knows where the wreckage is but darn it!, doesn't have the money to complete the necessary search and then it gets into being too dangerous conditions to go right to the area and even if nothing is there, there is a possibility he say, he is only a few meters off.

His name is Major Ed Dames.

Apparently he and his 'remote viewer' group- which the government believed in enough to hire them to locate secret enemy locations and have been right on with this system..think they know.  This technique is a lot different than psychic guessing.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/02/08 at 12:30 pm

They just found his plane in California.

But, no remains.  :o :o :o

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gfmXbQn-RFLHSjd8_s23ytiM6OVAD93IFL3G1

Check for new replies or respond here...