inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jeff Healey dies of cancer

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/08 at 11:08 am

Canadian blues/rock musician Jeff Healey, who was blind since the age of 1, passed away on Sunday from Cancer.  He was 41 years old

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=96dd979b-604d-4b10-bffb-ad126fed902c&k=57139

Jeff was best known as a one hit wonder in America in 1989 with his top selling hit 'Angel Eyes'.  He also appeared in the 1990 film 'Roadhouse'.  As the 90s came, he furthered his success in Canada with smash hits including 'I Think I Love You Too Much' and a cover of the Beatles classic 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.  He will he sadly missed :(

Subject: Re: Jeff Healey dies of cancer

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/08 at 11:20 am

I read about this earlier today...how very sad. I never realized that he was blind.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/03/08 at 12:28 pm

This is really sad news.  :\'(

Rest in peace, Jeff, you'll be sadly missed.

Written By: ninny on 03/03/08 at 1:04 pm

This is so sad RIP :\'(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/03/08 at 2:22 pm

Oh, how very sad!  :\'( :\'(

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/03/08 at 3:09 pm

I just saw this on Yahoo.
My heart sank as I read it, I was just talking about him to a friend and what he'd been doing lately.

Really sad. Its also sad that he will be remembered/labeled as the "blind" blues guitarist, when he was, simply a great musician.
He was equally talented on trumpet, sax and many other instruments. Very gifted man.

He was also very principled in that instead of raking tons of $$ with his gift, he started his own jazz/record label specifically to help talented but lesser known acts.

We have really lost a jewel of man, rest in peace Jeff. :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 03/03/08 at 6:58 pm

This news made me sad.  He was a very talented musician and so young.  Rest in Peace, Mr. Healey.  :\'(

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/03/08 at 7:41 pm

I'm so shocked to hear this news. I remember him in the late 80's-early 90's. RIP Jeff Healey.  :\'( :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/08 at 8:01 pm

Sorry to hear of Healey's passing.  He was a gifted musician by any standard, sighted or blind.  IIRC he could play left-handed guitar like Hendrix.  Sad he's gone so young.

:\'(

Written By: McDonald on 03/03/08 at 11:02 pm

CBC is airing a concert of his right now, midnight EST.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/04/08 at 7:12 am

This is defintely sad news.  :(  I remember seeing him in "Roadhouse" with Patick Swayze and his performance rocked.

I was always hoping to see him in a "Roadhouse" sequel.

RIP Jeff...

Written By: KKay on 03/04/08 at 7:20 am

OK. I know this sounds dumb but I really thought he was already dead.  I feel terrible.....it is sad; he was a talent.

Check for new replies or respond here...