inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Last of the Summer Wine and Porridge actor Brian Wilde has died aged 80

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/08 at 11:05 am

Full Report on BBC News Online

Last of the Summer Wine and Porridge actor Brian Wilde has died aged 80.

Wilde played Foggy in the long-running comedy series Last of The Summer Wine and Barraclough in prison sitcom Porridge, alongside Ronnie Barker.

Wilde died in his sleep on Thursday. Last of the Summer Wine creator Roy Clarke said he was "a wonderful actor".

His agent Nick Young said: "He will be sadly missed by colleagues and family alike. He brought a great deal of laughter into many people's lives."

Wilde's son Andrew told the Press Association news agency his father suffered a fall about seven weeks ago and had not recovered.

Wilde's Last of the Summer Wine co-star Peter Sallis led the tributes, saying: "He was great fun to be with and to work with, so I'm very, very sorry to hear the news."

Subject: Re: Last of the Summer Wine and Porridge actor Brian Wilde has died aged 80

Written By: karen on 03/20/08 at 11:39 am

Oh dear.  He will be missed

Subject: Re: Last of the Summer Wine and Porridge actor Brian Wilde has died aged 80

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/08 at 11:41 am

Oh dear.  He will be missed
It was his role in Porridge I will remember him best.

Written By: Stompgal on 04/14/08 at 8:25 am

I will mostly remember Brian for providing the voice of an animated owl in the 1979 public information film 'Play Safe' that I saw on YouTube. There was also an animated robin that was voiced by Bernard Cribbins.

Check for new replies or respond here...