inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Potter actor stabbed to death-Robert Knox

Written By: ninny on 05/25/08 at 4:48 pm

HARRY Potter actor Robert Knox has been stabbed to death outside a London pub as he desperately tried to protect his little brother.

Knox, 18, who played student Marcus Belby in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, due out in November, waded in to defend Jamie, 16, when they were confronted by a crazed attacker armed with two knives.

Subject: Re: Potter actor stabbed to death-Robert Knox

Written By: saver on 05/26/08 at 12:58 am

Who?

Aren't they a 'celebrity' AFTER they are celebrated?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/26/08 at 3:48 am

It is the number one item on the news over here, and this is adding to the escalation of the youth stabbings in London.

Written By: ninny on 05/26/08 at 5:10 pm

Who?

Aren't they a 'celebrity' AFTER they are celebrated?

He was a celebrity
Knox completed filming of the latest Harry Potter last Tuesday and had signed to appear in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, the seventh film in the franchise. He had been acting since the age of 11 and had appeared in the 2004 film King Arthur, the BBC comedy After You've Gone, The Bill and Tonight with Trevor McDonald on ITV and the Channel 4 reality show Trust Me, I’m A Teenager

Written By: Max Power on 05/26/08 at 5:15 pm

I hope the attacker gets locked up so he can get "penetrated" by bubba.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/26/08 at 7:25 pm

It's Britain, Bubba is called Reg or something.
:-\\

Written By: saver on 05/26/08 at 9:39 pm

He was a celebrity
Knox completed filming of the latest Harry Potter last Tuesday and had signed to appear in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, the seventh film in the franchise. He had been acting since the age of 11 and had appeared in the 2004 film King Arthur, the BBC comedy After You've Gone, The Bill and Tonight with Trevor McDonald on ITV and the Channel 4 reality show Trust Me, I’m A Teenager

I see. As some of these overseas obits, they never give the 'former' acting news...

C'mon people we have to fight for 'KNIFE' control!

Written By: Paul on 05/28/08 at 4:29 pm

The unfortunate soul met his end in a town not far from where I live!  :o

It won't be safe to walk the suburban streets soon... :-\\

Such are the wonders and vagaries of the British legal system that, if the assailant keeps his nose clean while inside, he could be out within 4 years... ::)

Written By: Marian on 05/29/08 at 2:21 pm

Do they have Bubba's in England?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/08 at 1:05 pm

Do they have Bubba's in England?
Can you please explain what Bubba is?

Written By: ninny on 06/04/08 at 1:44 pm

Can you please explain what Bubba is?

Heis usually the big guy in prison who ask you to bend down and pick up the soap,while he um has his way with you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/08 at 1:47 pm

Heis usually the big guy in prison who ask you to bend down and pick up the soap,while he um has his way with you.
In that case yes!

Written By: Ninotchka on 06/19/08 at 6:29 pm

NO disrespect, but a working actor is not a celebrity.
RIP

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/08 at 7:07 pm

RIP

Yeah, well, the guy who invented the Pringles can wasn't in the supermarket tabloids every day, but somebody on this board deemed him a celebrity!

Written By: saver on 06/20/08 at 1:05 am

Yeah, well, the guy who invented the Pringles can wasn't in the supermarket tabloids every day, but somebody on this board deemed him a celebrity!

I believe I added the Prngles guy based on the WEBSTER UNIVERSITY DICTIONARY: Celebrity: renown, fame....Without the new can, we'd just have an ordinary bag..so logically, if you mention potato chips in a can, people would first think Pringles, and although we did not know his name- he was 'acclaimed' i.e.renown.

An actor in a Harry Potter movie not seen, may just be premature...as if he were not 'celebrated' or no-one can even id something of renown, he may not fit...if the character is recognized in the movie, YES, we can even use him as a trivia example saying'remember that (bully,best buddy, or ?) in (MOVIE),he was killed in a stabbing.

How does everyone know Michael Nesmiths mother helped create white-out,(as legend hs it), we used it but did it matter who created it...I may be better off believing they are a-'CELEBRITY', if they can be considered a guest on the old tv show 'I'VE GOT A SECRET'...otherwise, why would they be on the show..so again,the Pringle can guy would be perfect for the show, the Harry Potter bit actor-most likely not! 

Written By: ninny on 06/21/08 at 9:51 am

RIP

He did have a few acting roles leading up to his role in Hary Potter,but I believe in this case it will be his manner of death that will deem him a celebrity.

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 07/03/08 at 12:33 pm

it doesnt matter if he was well-known celebrity or not.. he was on his way becoming one considering he finished with harry potter... may god rest his soul

Check for new replies or respond here...