inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mommy,(in Family Circus Comic strip), leaves us

Written By: saver on 05/26/08 at 11:28 pm

Thelma Keane, wife of Bil Keane, creator of Family Circus comics, has passed away..in her early days, it was said she looked just like the character and people would stop to ask if she was that woman.

Odd info-Paul Harvey would promote the strip, for listeners to watch for, when something touching or thought provoking would come up...and recently Paul lost HIS wife Angel.

Guess the ladies will have some things to chat about up in heaven together!   

Subject: Re: Mommy,(in Family Circus Comic strip), leaves us

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/27/08 at 3:42 pm

I love Family Circus.  It's told that the Mom is exactly like Bill Keane's wife and the kids are modeled after his own.  RIP Mrs. Keane. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/08 at 5:44 pm

I wonder if future Family Circus strips will show her looking down from heaven like they do with the grandparents? ???

Written By: whistledog on 05/27/08 at 7:21 pm

So Billy, Dolly and Jeffy will be under the care of their single father?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/08 at 8:00 pm

So Billy, Dolly and Jeffy will be under the care of their single father?

Barfy and the other dog, Vomitous.

Oh, wait a minute, I thought you were trying to tell us the maternal character in the comic strip had been "killed" by the writers.  Saaaay, know that cornball comic strup you knew and loved growing up...well, here's some heavy-handed sh*t for that family to deal with!
:o

OK, I'm sorry Bil Keane's wife died, but I never had much knowledge of Bil Keane, let alone his wife!

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/27/08 at 8:10 pm

RIP Mrs. Keane.  :\'( I've been reading "Family Circus" for as long as I can remember.

Written By: Marian on 05/29/08 at 2:22 pm

I wonder if future Family Circus strips will show her looking down from heaven like they do with the grandparents? ???
The strip has been out since 1960--if they aged in real time,the kids might be grandparents by now!LOL

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/08 at 6:20 pm

The strip has been out since 1960--if they aged in real time,the kids might be grandparents by now!LOL

It took him, what, until 1990 for Mom to  lose the pageboy hair-do!
:D

Written By: Marian on 06/01/08 at 4:03 pm

Barfy and the other dog, Vomitous.

Oh, wait a minute, I thought you were trying to tell us the maternal character in the comic strip had been "killed" by the writers.  Saaaay, know that cornball comic strup you knew and loved growing up...well, here's some heavy-handed sh*t for that family to deal with!
:o

OK, I'm sorry Bil Keane's wife died, but I never had much knowledge of Bil Keane, let alone his wife!

That's B :Darfy.

Check for new replies or respond here...