inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OMG GEORGE CARLIN HAS LEFT US!!!!!!

Written By: saver on 06/23/08 at 12:06 am

Well, his heart finally got him...God Bless you George for the laughs!!!! :\'(

Subject: Re: OMG GEORGE CARLIN HAS LEFT US!!!!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/08 at 12:39 am

I saw him live in concert 3 times in his career, he was so awesome.  RIP Mr. Carlin, thank you for the years of laughs.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/08 at 1:33 am

Wow, that's too bad. He was one of my favorites.

RIP George.  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 1:45 am

from Wikipedia:

Carlin went into St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica, California on June 22, 2008, complaining of chest pain. Carlin died at 5:55 p.m. PDT of heart failure at the age of 71.. He had a history of cardiovascular issues, including several heart attacks.

I think George Carlin was the best stand up comedian ever!!!

I listened to Carlin with reckless abandon at the age of 11 for his wild and raunchy humor and decades years later, I'm still listening to him and reading his books for his keen observations about people and the things we do.  He did get angrier as he got older, but I can't say as I blame him.  The culture made a sharp turn in the '80s in favor of everything he despised...but Carlin always included a generous dose of playful word jokes and clowning around that made the bitter pill easier to swallow.  Incidentally, I loved all his angry stuff because Carlin was angry, but never hateful.

Every working comedian today needs to study our friend George!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/23/08 at 3:32 am

!!!!

I can't believe it.
George Carlin can't be gone. :o

I grew up with his wit, and his comedy.

Somehow, I never really thought he ever die.

This country, this decade, this world NEEDS George.
Who is going to give us that slap of reality and a hug of humor with it?

His view and perspective on the world will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace. :\'(

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/23/08 at 4:59 am

This is indeed a heavy blow.

Yahoo! News characterized him as "The dean of our subculture".

Many is the time I watched him, whether it was:
-Discussing the "7 Dirty Words You Can't Say On Television"
-Hearing a few "Fart Jokes" (one of the only comedians willing to broach this subject)
-Ranting about Politicians Who Hide Behind The Flag, The Money & The Children
-Prosing on about how this country has lost its childlike innocence

George was foul-mouthed, and he didn't give a sauteed raccoon's @$$!
He told it like it is, and was one of the Old School teachers of the Eternal Philosophy.

First Rodney, then Joey, and now George...
The world seems less safe, and much more gray without your biting satire, "Tits".
Hope you continue to keep an eye on us from wherever in the cosmos you've gone to.
And if any rain happens this week, I'll know it's your way of saying "Ha! This is what it's coming to- p*ssing on your parade!"

Take care.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/23/08 at 6:09 am

He was a comic with a brain, and he used it.  His brand of humor is needed, and will be missed, sorely missed  :\'( :\'(  Oh yeah, he was Mr. Conductor for a while on Thomas and his Friends, too.

Written By: ninny on 06/23/08 at 6:59 am

Wow this sucks..Your never going to find a rare talent like  his again...Rest in peace George :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 06/23/08 at 9:50 am

Wow, the news shocked me.  I was a huge fan of his.  Rest in peace, Mr. Carlin.  You will be greatly missed.

Written By: Doc Brown on 06/23/08 at 11:21 am

Wow, the news shocked me.  I was a huge fan of his.  Rest in peace, Mr. Carlin.  You will be greatly missed.

Fly away, George, be free!

Gad, I'm starting to think Pixar is cursed. Seems everytime they make a movie, someone in the voice cast dies not 10 years later!

Toy Story - Jim Varney (Slinky Dog, died of cancer 2000)
A Bug's Life - Madelin Kahn (Gypsy, died of cancer 1999)
Toy Story 2 - Robert Goulet (Wheezy, died of ? 2007)
Monsters, Inc. - James Coburn (Mr. Waternoose, died of a heart attack 2004)
Finding Nemo - Joe Ranft (Jacques, died in a car wreck 2005)
and now George (Fillmore from Cars). That is just scary.

But I always thought GC was funny, and his raunch even managed to defend the First Amendment in its own way. I guess by always ticking off "the man", he never really stopped being an force for cultural change, and therefore never lost his edge. I wonder what Jay will say on The Tonight Show, he was always cool when he performed on there. So Long, George, we'll miss you. And remember,
"George Washington's brother was the uncle of your country."
That line of his always made me laugh!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/23/08 at 11:31 am

He was GREAT!!! It is truly a sad day.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Zeb on 06/23/08 at 11:34 am

There goes one of my personal heroes  :\'(!  When I was 14 I caught one of his HBO specials and laughed my ass off; I've been an avid fan ever since.  Goodbye George, we'll never forget you :)

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/23/08 at 1:36 pm

For George...the 7 words you can't say on TV....

sheesh
Piss
fudge
(I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women)
Cocksucker
Motherfudgeer
Tits

And then some...

Fart
Turd
Twat

RIP George, I'll remember you as Rufus from "Bill and Ted".

Written By: nally on 06/23/08 at 4:03 pm

^Three of them get censored here. ;)

He had some great comedy in his time...and he'll be greatly missed.

RIP George.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/23/08 at 4:29 pm

Holy 1!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/2up.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/2up.gif This news is such a 2-off!  :\'( George Carlin was so 3-ing funny, and I must applaud him for having the balls to stand up (literally) for four-letter words, and criticize the 6's who censor them on a regular basis.

And let's not forget his stint as Mr. Conductor on Shining Time Station/Thomas the Tank Engine. And dammit, I was gonna post this YouTube video of George Carlin "swearing" as Mr. Conductor  ;D, but those 6-ing copyright owners removed it. 3-ing 5s!  >:(

RIP George Carlin.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/23/08 at 6:04 pm

Good God, there was a hell of lot more to George Carlin than the censored word thing.  I actually thought that that was the lamest of his routines.  The man was a direct successor to the likes of Lenny Bruce and Mort Sahl.  You don't get enough of that anymore

Written By: Red Ant on 06/23/08 at 6:43 pm

I didn't know about George Carlin dying (he would have hated the term "passing away") until I read the news here. I've been choked up on and off for hours. His unique way of looking at life, his observational comedy and breaking of conventions will never be duplicated again.

I was tempted to do a 'Carlin on Carlin's death' sketch in his honor, but George said it better than I could ever hope to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU

Rest in peace doesn't seem fitting.. if there was any afterlife, the last thing George would be doing is resting. He'd have a whole nother world out there to learn, observe and point out its absurdities.

Regardless, I will miss him greatly, and I'll be watching his comedy skits for the rest of the day.

Ant

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/23/08 at 7:33 pm

Another shocking loss! The world has lost one of the funniest guys ever. RIP George Carlin.  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 8:26 pm

Oh man.  Life will be much more dull without him.

I'm still going by his method of combining a few of the ten commandments to make four.

RIP George. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/08 at 9:40 pm

R.I.P. to a wonderful comedian :\'(

My two favourite roles of him were as Rufus in the 'Bill and Ted' movies and as The Conductor on 'Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends'

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/23/08 at 10:40 pm

Another shocking loss! The world has lost one of the funniest guys ever. RIP George Carlin.  :\'(  :\'(

No Lenny Bruce, No Richard Pryor, and now no George Carlin. Who will keep "the man" on his toes now?  Dane Cookhardley.

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/23/08 at 10:59 pm

From George Carlin...

Give this a take...read it, imagining Mr. Carlin ranting in his raspy, hippy kinda tone...

Cheers!!!

The Planet Will Be Fine!
And I quote without any kind of express permission:

We're so self-important. So self-important. Everybody's going to save something now. "Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails." And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. What? Are these fudgeing people kidding me? Save the planet, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet. We haven't learned how to care for one another, we're gonna save the fudgeing planet?

I'm getting tired of that sheesh. Tired of that sheesh. I'm tired of fudgeing Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren't enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world save for their Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don't give a sheesh about the planet. They don't care about the planet. Not in the abstract they don't. Not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They're worried that some day in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn't impress me.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are fudgeed. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We've been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we're a threat? That somehow we're gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that's just a-floatin' around the sun?

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!

We're going away. Pack your sheesh, folks. We're going away. And we won't leave much of a trace, either. Thank God for that. Maybe a little styrofoam. Maybe. A little styrofoam. The planet'll be here and we'll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet'll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. A surface nuisance.

You wanna know how the planet's doing? Ask those people at Pompeii, who are frozen into position from volcanic ash, how the planet's doing. You wanna know if the planet's all right, ask those people in Mexico City or Armenia or a hundred other places buried under thousands of tons of earthquake rubble, if they feel like a threat to the planet this week. Or how about those people in Kilowaia, Hawaii, who built their homes right next to an active volcano, and then wonder why they have lava in the living room.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we're gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, 'cause that's what it does. It's a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed, and if it's true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new pardigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn't share our prejudice towards plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn't know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, "Why are we here?" Plastic...asshole.

So, the plastic is here, our job is done, we can be phased out now. And I think that's begun. Don't you think that's already started? I think, to be fair, the planet sees us as a mild threat. Something to be dealt with. And the planet can defend itself in an organized, collective way, the way a beehive or an ant colony can. A collective defense mechanism. The planet will think of something. What would you do if you were the planet? How would you defend yourself against this troublesome, pesky species? Let's see... Viruses. Viruses might be good. They seem vulnerable to viruses. And, uh...viruses are tricky, always mutating and forming new strains whenever a vaccine is developed. Perhaps, this first virus could be one that compromises the immune system of these creatures. Perhaps a human immunodeficiency virus, making them vulnerable to all sorts of other diseases and infections that might come along. And maybe it could be spread sexually, making them a little reluctant to engage in the act of reproduction.

Well, that's a poetic note. And it's a start. And I can dream, can't I? See I don't worry about the little things: bees, trees, whales, snails. I think we're part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand. A higher order. Call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. The Big Electron...whoooa. Whoooa. Whoooa. It doesn't punish, it doesn't reward, it doesn't judge at all. It just is. And so are we. For a little while.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/23/08 at 11:48 pm

Hope you continue to keep an eye on us from wherever in the cosmos you've gone to.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1346/1241774208_a3a7837cf0_o.jpg

Heard from him today.  Apparently it worked out just as he planned.  At this very moment, he is looking down on us and smiling...

...from his landing spot by the frisbee on Joe Pesci's roof.

And upon suggestion from another forum, and because I make sure to carry a towel with me every Towel Day, I'm going to toss a frisbee on the roof before I go to bed tonight.  Let June 22 (even if we didn't find out about it until June 23) be known as Frisbee Day, in honor of Fribeetarianism's most exalted prophet.

Written By: Michael on 06/24/08 at 7:00 am

Being just a few years younger than George, I was an avid fan from his beginnings, like the bit of the Hippy Dippy Weather Man, where his forecast for the day was" light, turning darker at night".  I do feel that his bits becane much more bitter toward the end, but I loved all his earlier stuff.

Written By: Lindee on 06/24/08 at 10:13 am

I saw him live in the 80s. Very funny person. I love when he makes fun of everyday people and things. I 've watched most of his comedy specials on HBO recently. RIP George. :\'(

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/24/08 at 2:52 pm

Favorite skits of mine include:

-Icebox Man
-Football & Baseball
-W.I.N.O.
-The 3 Extra Not-So-Dirty Words
-Fart Jokes (Yes, I admit it)
-A Place For My Stuff

True, he was rather bitter toward the end, but according to the publicists, that's how he really viewed the Human Race- "a doomed species". Thank Gaud he had a sense of humor about it- after all, he WAS one of us!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/08 at 7:19 pm

From George Carlin...

Give this a take...read it, imagining Mr. Carlin ranting in his raspy, hippy kinda tone...

Cheers!!!

The Planet Will Be Fine!
And I quote without any kind of express permission:

We're so self-important. So self-important. Everybody's going to save something now. "Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails." And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. What? Are these fudging people kidding me? Save the planet, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet. We haven't learned how to care for one another, we're gonna save the fudging planet?

I'm getting tired of that sheesh. Tired of that sheesh. I'm tired of fudging Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren't enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world save for their Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don't give a sheesh about the planet. They don't care about the planet. Not in the abstract they don't. Not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They're worried that some day in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn't impress me.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are fudged. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We've been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we're a threat? That somehow we're gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that's just a-floatin' around the sun?

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!

We're going away. Pack your sheesh, folks. We're going away. And we won't leave much of a trace, either. Thank God for that. Maybe a little styrofoam. Maybe. A little styrofoam. The planet'll be here and we'll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet'll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. A surface nuisance.

You wanna know how the planet's doing? Ask those people at Pompeii, who are frozen into position from volcanic ash, how the planet's doing. You wanna know if the planet's all right, ask those people in Mexico City or Armenia or a hundred other places buried under thousands of tons of earthquake rubble, if they feel like a threat to the planet this week. Or how about those people in Kilowaia, Hawaii, who built their homes right next to an active volcano, and then wonder why they have lava in the living room.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we're gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, 'cause that's what it does. It's a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed, and if it's true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new pardigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn't share our prejudice towards plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn't know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, "Why are we here?" Plastic...asshole.

So, the plastic is here, our job is done, we can be phased out now. And I think that's begun. Don't you think that's already started? I think, to be fair, the planet sees us as a mild threat. Something to be dealt with. And the planet can defend itself in an organized, collective way, the way a beehive or an ant colony can. A collective defense mechanism. The planet will think of something. What would you do if you were the planet? How would you defend yourself against this troublesome, pesky species? Let's see... Viruses. Viruses might be good. They seem vulnerable to viruses. And, uh...viruses are tricky, always mutating and forming new strains whenever a vaccine is developed. Perhaps, this first virus could be one that compromises the immune system of these creatures. Perhaps a human immunodeficiency virus, making them vulnerable to all sorts of other diseases and infections that might come along. And maybe it could be spread sexually, making them a little reluctant to engage in the act of reproduction.

Well, that's a poetic note. And it's a start. And I can dream, can't I? See I don't worry about the little things: bees, trees, whales, snails. I think we're part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand. A higher order. Call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. The Big Electron...whoooa. Whoooa. Whoooa. It doesn't punish, it doesn't reward, it doesn't judge at all. It just is. And so are we. For a little while.

Absolutely! The gospel according to St. George!

Written By: holicman on 06/24/08 at 8:48 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7468681.stm

Its funny, Last night after work I was wathcing a countdown of the 20 greatest ever stand up comedians, and by today's standards according to some of the current comedians, he was voted in the top ten, ahead of the likes of Robin Williams, Ellen De Generes, Jerry Seinfeld and Jonathon Winters just to name a few.

Ironically, Bill and Teds Excellent adventure was on right after it and I had no Idea that George had passed on until this morning.

One of my favourite lines from him "If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten".

RIP George Carlin.

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 07/03/08 at 12:31 pm

:-\\ i was very sad when i heard george carlin passing.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/03/08 at 8:15 pm

I just hope he remembered to bring "Buddy Christ" with him. ;D

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/03/08 at 9:33 pm

Carlin's Rules for 2008:
(But I think they'll be applicable for years to come!)

>New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them!? Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days--mowing my lawn.

>New Rule: Don't eat anything that's served to you out a window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain?? Trout?

>New Rule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.

>New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

>New Rule: Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that's square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his @$$ will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.

>New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the @$$. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a 'decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one sweet-n'-Low, and one NutraSweet,' ooh, you're a huge @$$!

>New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering my PIN number, pressing 'Enter,' verifying the amount, deciding no, I don't want cash back, and pressing 'Enter' again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

>New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your @$$. And it translates to 'beef with broccoli.' The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

>New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting??? Oh wait!? They're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show.'

>New Rule: I don't need bigger mega M&Ms. If I'm extra hungry for M&Ms, I'll go nuts and eat two.

>New Rule: No more gift registries. You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's the white people version of looting.

>New Rule: and this one is long overdue: No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your web cam, dude. I just want to wash my hands.

>New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to know in months. '27 Months'. 'He's two,' will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.

>New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying, 'Do you want fries with that?'

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/08 at 4:35 pm

One of my favourite lines from him "If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten".

RIP George Carlin.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite lines too!

Written By: saver on 07/06/08 at 7:29 pm

Carlin's Rules for 2008:
(But I think they'll be applicable for years to come!)

>New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them!? Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days--mowing my lawn.

>New Rule: Don't eat anything that's served to you out a window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain?? Trout?

>New Rule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.

>New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

>New Rule: Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that's square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his @$$ will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.

>New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the @$$. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a 'decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one sweet-n'-Low, and one NutraSweet,' ooh, you're a huge @$$!

>New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering my PIN number, pressing 'Enter,' verifying the amount, deciding no, I don't want cash back, and pressing 'Enter' again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

>New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your @$$. And it translates to 'beef with broccoli.' The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

>New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting??? Oh wait!? They're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show.'

>New Rule: I don't need bigger mega M&Ms. If I'm extra hungry for M&Ms, I'll go nuts and eat two.

>New Rule: No more gift registries. You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's the white people version of looting.

>New Rule: and this one is long overdue: No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your web cam, dude. I just want to wash my hands.

>New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to know in months. '27 Months'. 'He's two,' will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.

>New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying, 'Do you want fries with that?'

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

George was quite funny, but I  always heard him say he never commissioned his jokes out into columns that many attribute to him(see snopes.com for validity),
so makes me wonder if this was actualy his material or touted as his.

Whoever has been putting out the columns have captured his style, yet I have a book full of his jokes that are fun to read.

*****************UPDATE******
I was correct..SNOPES.COM provides the list was compiled as RULES FOR 2006 and was attributed to Bill Maher..he would do a little segment at the end of his HBO Show and someone compiled this list giving George credit!

RIP George......this list won't fool us...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/08 at 9:10 pm

George was quite funny, but I  always heard him say he never commissioned his jokes out into columns that many attribute to him(see snopes.com for validity),
so makes me wonder if this was actualy his material or touted as his.

Whoever has been putting out the columns have captured his style, yet I have a book full of his jokes that are fun to read.

*****************UPDATE******
I was correct..SNOPES.COM provides the list was compiled as RULES FOR 2006 and was attributed to Bill Maher..he would do a little segment at the end of his HBO Show and someone compiled this list giving George credit!

RIP George......this list won't fool us...

That definitely sounds more like Mahar than Carlin. The structure is very Carlin, but the phraseology is Mahar's dept.
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...