inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Author Thomas Disch kills self...

Written By: saver on 07/11/08 at 2:38 am

Name sound familiar?

After a time of depression, 68 year old author Thomas Disch committed suicide-July 4,
most known for his creation of THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER

*PERSONAL NOTE:  Although I am against committing suicide, in the case of people who choose to, I think if you choose to end your life prematurely, in my world I would ask to use a method related to your work..i.e. a depressed bull fighter-jump in front of a charging bull, a cook-stick head in oven..and ironically in Mr. Dischs' case, why not sit in a tub and droip in a plugged in toaster?)

I'm just saying....       

Subject: Re: Author Thomas Disch kills self...

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/11/08 at 11:47 am

Name sound familiar?

After a time of depression, 68 year old author Thomas Disch committed suicide-July 4,

*PERSONAL NOTE:  Although I am against committing suicide, in the case of people who choose to, I think if you choose to end your life prematurely, in my world I would ask to use a method related to your work..i.e. a depressed bull fighter-jump in front of a charging bull, a cook-stick head in oven..and ironically in Mr. Dischs' case, why not sit in a tub and droip in a plugged in toaster?)

I'm just saying....         
Wow, what's your profession?  ::)

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/11/08 at 11:50 am

Name sound familiar?

I'm just saying....       

ahh.. my kids loved the brave little toaster

Written By: saver on 07/11/08 at 8:54 pm

Wow, what's your profession?  ::)

Budding writer...(with some influences as George Carlin and Bill Hicks, and a splash of Adam Carolla or provocative morning radio hosts)....

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/11/08 at 9:06 pm

Budding writer...(with some influences as George Carlin and Bill Hicks, and a splash of Adam Carolla or provocative morning radio hosts)....

I love it someone else who has actually heard of Bill Hicks... :\'( Another tragedy. Keep on pluggin away we need someone to hold our feet to the fire the way Lenny Bruce, BillHicks, Richard Pryor and George Carlin did.

Written By: saver on 07/11/08 at 9:55 pm

I love it someone else who has actually heard of Bill Hicks... :\'( Another tragedy. Keep on pluggin away we need someone to hold our feet to the fire the way Lenny Bruce, BillHicks, Richard Pryor and George Carlin did.

He's light YEARS ahead of me and I only get a gem or two a year!

But nothing quotable..I just come off like I'm complaining and that eats people out from the inside..in fact that's why this messageboard is my playground..I mean many of the things I publish but some to  spur conversation....

(btw-I did have the pleasure to meet Mr. Hicks,years before his passing!)

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/11/08 at 10:41 pm

He's light YEARS ahead of me and I only get a gem or two a year!

But nothing quotable..I just come off like I'm complaining and that eats people out from the inside..in fact that's why this messageboard is my playground..I mean many of the things I publish but some to  spur conversation....

(btw-I did have the pleasure to meet Mr. Hicks,years before his passing!)

No I actually was turned on to him by my son in law a couple of years ago. Great stuff. I couldn't figure out how I had never heard of him actually.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/11/08 at 10:42 pm

Oh Yeah have you ever heard of the best damn page in the universe? Google it its pretty funny stuff.

Check for new replies or respond here...