inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: American musician Robert Hazard, 59, dies

Written By: Bobo on 08/06/08 at 7:41 pm

Robert Hazard has died unexpectedly August 5, 2008 at age 59 after surgery for pancreatic cancer at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Hazard, who played with a band named Robert Hazard and the Heroes, wrote and recorded the original version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", later covered by Cyndi Lauper.

On a sidenote, one of the hardest things to read at a time like this is the fact that his Myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/roberthazardmusic, talks about touring later in the year and so forth. A rather tragic recent blog entry reads "unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances beyond my control I have been forced to cancel the rest of my summer tour schedule".

A more detailed biography can be seen here.

Subject: Re: American musician Robert Hazard, 59, dies

Written By: whistledog on 08/06/08 at 8:21 pm

Robert Hazard also had a minor solo hit called 'Escalator of Life' in 1980.  He was a great musician, singer and songwriter.  R.I.P.

Subject: Re: American musician Robert Hazard, 59, dies

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/08 at 10:20 pm

Robert Hazard also had a minor solo hit called 'Escalator of Life' in 1980.  He was a great musician, singer and songwriter.  R.I.P.

"Escalator of Life" is effing cool!

An interesting songwriter has passed.
:\'(

Subject: Escalater of Life

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/09/08 at 7:44 am

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20080806_Robert_Hazard__Philly_rocker__dies_at_59.html

Robert Hazard Dies aug/6/08 after surgery...He wrote 83 hit for Cindi Lauper "girls just want to have fun"
& his own "escalater of life"..He was only 59
R>I>P

Check for new replies or respond here...