inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grizzly Adams' Wife Dies After Motorbike Tragedy...

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/08 at 6:28 pm

GRIZZLY ADAMS star DAN HAGERTY had to pull the plug on his wife's life support system after medics told him she "was gone" after a freak motorbike accident left her with extensive brain stem damage and massive internal bleeding.

The actor was golfing in Florida on 10 August (08) when he heard of the tragedy from his pregnant daughter, and flew home to Los Angeles to be with Samantha, his wife of over 20 years, and their family.

She had been riding back from a dinner date without a helmet when she hit a deer and was thrown from her bike, according to American publication the Globe.

The 53-year-old was airlifted to UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles but medics insisted nothing could be done for her.

Hagerty tells the tabloid, "The doctors told me the bad news. The Sam we loved was gone. They were keeping a fragile shell of her alive.

"It was the hardest, most heartbreaking decision I've ever had to make, to tell the doctors to let my beautiful Sam slip away into her long sleep. I wept like a child."

And Hagerty, who himself spent days in a coma after a bike accident in 1991, fears his wife's death will overshadow the birth of his daughter Megan's son - his first grandchild.

He adds, "I know he'll look like his grandmother and that will probably break my sore heart all over again."

Subject: Re: Grizzly Adams' Wife Dies After Motorbike Tragedy...

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/22/08 at 8:00 pm

Oh what a sad story, I always like Grizzly Adams. Poor guy thats a hell of a decision to have to make.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/22/08 at 8:33 pm

How awful for him.

Written By: Marian on 08/26/08 at 2:39 pm

Oh what a sad story, I always like Grizzly Adams. Poor guy thats a hell of a decision to have to make.
yes,but he probably made the smart choice.I would hope my family makes the right choice if something hapened to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...