inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Andre Young Jr,20 (son of Dr. Dre) found dead

Written By: ninny on 08/26/08 at 3:22 pm

Rapper and hip-hop producer Dr. Dre's 20-year-old son has died, a spokesperson for Dr. Dre said in a statement on Tuesday.

"Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son Andre Young Jr. Please respect his family's grief and privacy at this time," the spokesperson said.

Young Jr., who was named after his father, was found dead Saturday by his mother at their home in suburban Woodland Hills, county coroner's Lt. John Kades said.

An autopsy was performed Monday, but the cause of death wasn't likely to be determined for eight weeks while toxicology tests are done, Kades said.

Young was discovered in his bed at around 10:30 a.m. Saturday by his mother, who attempted to rouse him, the coroner's spokesperson told MTV News. Young was unresponsive, so she called paramedics, who responded to the scene. After their efforts to revive him failed, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Subject: Re: Andre Young Jr,20 (son of Dr. Dre) found dead

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 3:56 pm

That's so sad.  How horrible that his mom found him like that. :\'(

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/28/08 at 7:09 am

So Sad.... His poor Mom, I couldn't imagine that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/08 at 11:30 pm

If they need toxicology results it sounds like it might be a drug overdose. 
:\'(

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/03/08 at 11:45 pm

This was such a sad story... I cannot imagine finding my child dead... No parent should have to bury their child.
My prayers go to the Young Family

Check for new replies or respond here...