inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Julius Carry and Evan Tanner

Written By: Kryllith on 10/09/08 at 1:30 pm

I was surprised to find that nobody mentioned the passing of either of these two. I suppose it might have been mentioned within a thread, but I thought I should call forth attention to it just in case nobody noticed. I'll miss them both.

Subject: Re: Julius Carry and Evan Tanner

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/08 at 3:11 pm

I thought we had talked about Julius Carry (III) because there are some Last Dragon fans on the board so we should have mention the passing of the late great "Sho-gun of Harlem" Sho 'nuff!

Ummm  who's Evan Tanner?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/08 at 4:22 pm

I thought we had talked about Julius Carry (III) because there are some Last Dragon fans on the board so we should have mention the passing of the late great "Sho-gun of Harlem" Sho 'nuff!

Ummm  who's Evan Tanner?
Evan Tanner

I have never heard of either of the two that are the subject of this topic.

Written By: Kryllith on 10/10/08 at 12:09 am

Tanner would be in a smaller circle than Carry, given that Carry was an entertainer with a few movies and lots of tv spots, so it's not that surprising that a lot of people wouldn't know him. He was a class act though with a never-say-die attitude and an engaging personality who was known for his honesty and integrity, for hanging out with fans instead of simply shrugging them off, and for all the writing he did on his blog and for spike tv that allowed his friends and fans to get the man behind the fighter.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/08 at 12:26 am

LOL 'The Last Dragon' was pure cheese.  I liked it for two reasons:  Vanity (ooh la la) and the song 'Rhythm of the Night' by DeBarge.  I used to have it on DVD, but I soon realized that I'd probably never watch it again.  It is a cult classic though and a movie that definately screams 80s :)

I do still have the soundtrack on LP and cassette though.  Love that to death 8)

R.I.P. to Julius Carry, an actor who should have gotten bigger roles

Written By: Kryllith on 10/10/08 at 11:56 am

I was seriously considering dressing up as Sho'Nuff for Halloween, but unfortunately my plans are already laid out for this year. I'll have to try it next year.

Check for new replies or respond here...