inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Golfer Seve Ballesteros condition worsens after brain tumour operation

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/08 at 9:09 am

From BBC Sport

Golf legend Seve Ballesteros suffered a complication following surgery on a brain tumour on Tuesday but remains in a stable condition.

Doctors removed a piece of Ballesteros's skull on Thursday to relieve pressure that was building up on the brain after Tuesday's surgery.

A statement from La Paz Hospital in Madrid said: "His situation is stable and is under control."

The Spaniard, 51, collapsed at Madrid Airport on 6 October.

He underwent a number of tests over the weekend which uncovered the tumour and after informing his family, Ballesteros confirmed the news in a statement on Sunday.

A biopsy on the tumour had been scheduled for Tuesday but doctors decided to operate to remove as much of the tumour as possible before treatment.

Subject: Re: Golfer Seve Ballesteros condition worsens after brain tumour operation

Written By: danootaandme on 10/16/08 at 11:13 am

Ewww, that doesn't sound good.  Puts me in mind of Ted Kennedy, I wonder how he is doing right now.  I think he is hanging in there just to see how the election comes out, I don't think he will make the new year.

Subject: Re: Golfer Seve Ballesteros condition worsens after brain tumour operation

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/08 at 10:06 am

Just announced on the radio that Seve Ballesteros is to undergo the third operation to relieve the swelling in his brain.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/23/08 at 10:19 am

Does not bode well...  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/08 at 10:21 am

Does not bode well...   :(
Hearing the news shocked me and knowing that it is the kind of news I did not want to hear.

Written By: iquestion on 10/25/08 at 1:53 am

From BBC Sport

Golf legend Seve Ballesteros suffered a complication following surgery on a brain tumour on Tuesday but remains in a stable condition.

Doctors removed a piece of Ballesteros's skull on Thursday to relieve pressure that was building up on the brain after Tuesday's surgery.

A statement from La Paz Hospital in Madrid said: "His situation is stable and is under control."

The Spaniard, 51, collapsed at Madrid Airport on 6 October.

He underwent a number of tests over the weekend which uncovered the tumour and after informing his family, Ballesteros confirmed the news in a statement on Sunday.

A biopsy on the tumour had been scheduled for Tuesday but doctors decided to operate to remove as much of the tumour as possible before treatment.

Referring to QUOTE(from a famous movie):  I'mmmm nnnnooooot deeeaaad yet..wait! I'mmmm not dead!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/08 at 5:06 am

The latest reports are that the third operation was a success.

Check for new replies or respond here...